The 3 best war movies ever

I don’t even remember watching all of it, but I’ll say Braveheart before anyone else does.

Can’t say that I’ve seen many war movies. Dunkirk was good? I’ve seen Pearl Harbor. Meh. Ummmm yeah. I might think of some serious contributions later.

Edit: I think remember liking Three Kings.

Inglorious Basterds
Glory
Life is beautiful

Pans labyrinth has some war elements.

Even though, that’s not a typical genre for me to be interested in, I’m inspired to watch one. I’ve been wanting to watch The Wind that Shakes the Barley. Cillian Murphy is good in everything he does.

Das Boat for sure....especially when you are rooting for the bad guys
Hunt for Red October....Darth VAder saying..You heard it hit the hull ...And I was never here
Glory....probably the most watched war movie in High School

Patton and Ryan never pulled at my heart at the end.....but that beach in South Carolina ...it makes me cry every time.

We were soldiers
Saving private ryan
Lots of ones that are real close for number theee I will go with behind enemy lines

We were assigned to write a persuasive argument in one of my freshman college courses. The theme was movies — write an argument to convince someone to see a movie you loved. I asked the professor for special permission to write a persuasive argument convincing someone NOT to see a movie I hated. That movie was Saving Private Ryan.

I absolutely avoid war movies. A little too close in our family history. Being forced to watch the opening of Saving Private Ryan in a film class didnt help.

But if I can bring 2 movies to the table, the only 2 I have seen:
- Die Fälscher, best non-English movie Oscar winner 2008 from Austria. About a prisoner in a camp forced to counterfeit money, mainly to create a believable copies of the American dollar is valuable to the Germans.

- Black Book (Zwartboek) by Paul Verhoeven, with Carice van Houten (GoT) in the lead. About a woman in the Dutch resistance becoming a spy.

I can advise everyone to have a look at the German spoken/European movies in general about this topic from the 2000/2010s, it gives a different perspective than the Hollywood glitz.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter