Thanksgiving Cocktails

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
On the Thanksgiving prep thread there were several mentions of liquor store runs. What types of cocktails do you all enjoy for your Thanksgiving day?

I have to be honest the idea of alcohol (liquor, beer, wine) for a family holiday is an odd one because it has never been that way in my family. But I also do enjoy trying new things, cocktails included. So what do you enjoy?

We don’t have alcohol for thanksgiving. We don’t get any more exotic than a mix of cranberry juice and ginger ale. That seems to counterbalance the rich food nicely. Sometimes my sister will bring a bottle of wine with her to have while doing prep work on Wednesday, but not always.

I had friends thanksgiving yesterday. We had beer, wine and apple sangria. For actual thanksgiving we will have wine. Black Friday I have cousins thanksgiving brunch, we will have mimosas and Bloody Mary.

I used to have a glass of wine with my Mom while cooking the dinner. This year I will probably just have a rum and coke way after dinner.

My DH has a full bar in his man cave/basement/rec room.
If you want beer on tap, he has it.
If you want bottled beer, he has it.
If you want almost any type of liquor, he has it.
He’s a licensed bar tender, so he can make mixed drinks, but doesnt know how to make every mixed drink (he made need to look up a recipe).
He has a blender, but rarely uses it.
He also has soda and water for the nondrinkers.

To answer the question…..
Fireball (whenever - we do a Fireball shot for special occasions)
Amaretto (after dinner)
Amaretto Stone Sour (before dinner)
Wine (glass at dinner)

We will have plenty of stuff for people to choose from. Beer, wine, cider, vodka, gin, tequila, flavored seltzers, juices, club soda, etc. Most of this is what we keep on hand anyway. I am also making a punch that won’t have alcohol, but those who want to can just add some vodka etc if they want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter