Tell me your favorite 2 bedroom resort and why!

Enough of the talking up the 2 bedroom at BLT…🤫🤫🤫

For sure it’s awful, absolutely terrible, and you would hate staying there. ::yes::
Can you imagine how much business DVCRM could do if in a hypothetical world they were allowed to build a BLT 1BD/2BD rooms and advertise current resale BLT prices as a monthly payment at All Stars and Pop Century?

I absolutely loved the 2bed at BLT, and would 100% recommend it. If you've never stayed there, and think you won't like it, I'd wait to book your stay there for after the refurb is done. While I personally did not think the rooms were as bad as most make them seem, if you're already going in not liking the resort, it'll reinforce your preconceived notion.

Having said that, if you know you love BCV, but however many points you need there. Our main home resort is BLT, but I really enjoy staying around crescent lake. So we recently added on a 100pt contract at BWV. It was so worth it to be able to book a 2 bedroom for Wine and Dine, without having to worry about what we'd be able to get at the 7 month mark.
I think no matter what they do with the refurb, the selling point for me would be location. And maybe the 3rd bathroom.

Like most people are saying, buy where you want to stay. Go Beach club and get enough points to get the 2 Bedroom.
One thing to think about, From a value standpoint, If you buy beach club, try and stay at beach club as much as you can. Saying that because when you break down your cost of each point, Beach club is up there for the most expensive. So you dont want to buy Beach Club then stay at Animal Kingdom 50% of the time.

You probably already know that since you have Sleep around points already
100%, I would only use those points there. Not sure if I can justify it from a value perspective, but I'm going to try ; )

For us, it is Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village and Bay Lake Tower because we are a party of nine, with six adults and three children, and three full bathrooms are needed. Each family has their own sleeping space and bathroom, which makes for one big happy family :D

Ugh I know I need to try it out, but I cringe every time I look at that building. I think I'm going to suck it up and book a short stay there with the banked 2023 points we have coming in a few weeks. I'm going on the record though saying one and done for us.
I agree. We went to BLT and I was thinking we were not going to like it. It is now my husband's favorite resort. The 3rd bathroom is wonderful and location is great.

Family of 5 here - BLT owners. We have stayed in a 1BR at BLT and BWV. While I prefer the BWV resort as a whole, the 1 BR's are not great compared to BLT. BLT we moved ottomans and tables around and made a sleeping space out of the dining area. Add to that the sleeper chair and the hide-a-bed and we had a separate sleeping space for each kid and they were all pretty happy with that. What's more, DW and I had our own bedroom with a door and a bathroom we did not need to share. You can sleep 5 in the BWV 1 BRs but you need to bring your own sleeper space (we brought a cot and an air mattress) along with the hide-a-bed for each kid to have their own sleeping space. Not ideal but it worked. Bigger problem; only one bathroom. That also was not great.

But you asked about 2 BRs. We have only stayed at CCV in a 2br as we really wanted to stay there and they won't let you stay in a 1BR there with 5. We got a 2 br lock-off but that bit us - the two older kids stayed on the studio side, then closed the door so they could get to bed earlier. No problem, except now we had to enter the studio to wake them up, and they had dead-bolted it. Would probably opt for a 2 br dedicated next time. Besides that, CCV 2BR has been our favorite stay - just such a great resort and loved taking the boat to MK.

Our favorites are Riviera (location, size of resort, great pools, classy theming) and BLT (3rd bath and Mk access). Also really enjoy CCV (who wouldn’t love the WL theme.). The 2bdr ar BCV is nice, but the master bathroom set up is goofy to us and by the time we all remember which doors go where it’s check out time.

We also have 5.

We stayed in Treehouses this past Xmas, and loved it! 6 sleeping surfaces in those! Lots of options.

...We are also trying the FW cabins this fall. Seems like privacy will be lost, unless we lock them in the bedroom... Hehe. Still, cheap way to get 4 sleeping surfaces and a kitchen.

Good luck!

You know I have thought about that in the past, but thanks for bringing it back to my attention! I'm currently working on a spreadsheet to price out the cost per night for a studio vs 1 bed vs 2 bed across a few resorts we're interested in. I'm trying to see if we can justify the added cost of larger rooms vs the extra food expenses that come with a studio.

Have you seen this post? Invaluable! https://www.disboards.com/threads/2022-2023-point-chart-spreadsheets-2024-added.3863993/

The last few posts are making me rethink everything, so now I'm considering going back to my OG plan from months ago of buying 3 100 pt contracts at CCV over the next 3-5 years, using it there and for SAP+ so we can sneak in a BCV stay every now and again, then each kid can have a small contract when we're old and tired.

The last few posts are making me rethink everything, so now I'm considering going back to my OG plan from months ago of buying 3 100 pt contracts at CCV over the next 3-5 years, using it there and for SAP+ so we can sneak in a BCV stay every now and again, then each kid can have a small contract when we're old and tired.
Gonna give you a crystal ball on that one. Our 2 oldest are in college. Both love where they are going to school and are staying there over the summer. Our oldest is even taking classes over the summer (changing majors). LSS - both have a very tiny window of opportunity for a family vacation. LSS - you may not want so many points as THEY get older. I certainly would not assume they will ever want to take over paying dues. YMMV, but we've found our 160 points is plenty.

Gonna give you a crystal ball on that one. Our 2 oldest are in college. Both love where they are going to school and are staying there over the summer. Our oldest is even taking classes over the summer (changing majors). LSS - both have a very tiny window of opportunity for a family vacation. LSS - you may not want so many points as THEY get older. I certainly would not assume they will ever want to take over paying dues. YMMV, but we've found our 160 points is plenty.
Yes I know they may not want the contracts, but if we have 3 we can give them each the option of taking over one or we can sell it and give them the proceeds. We've got 8 years before our first is in college, so lots of trips as a family of 5, especially since we do more than one a year. And CCV should still have plenty of value left even in 20 years, although we can't count on that.
We're about to have 200 pts and that's still not nearly enough to do the kind of stays I would like to do. Are you 5 cramming in studios? If you only go once a year that could work.

Yes I know they may not want the contracts, but if we have 3 we can give them each the option of taking over one or we can sell it and give them the proceeds. We've got 8 years before our first is in college, so lots of trips as a family of 5, especially since we do more than one a year. And CCV should still have plenty of value left even in 20 years, although we can't count on that.
We're about to have 200 pts and that's still not nearly enough to do the kind of stays I would like to do. Are you 5 cramming in studios? If you only go once a year that could work.
No - we stay in 1BRs. We own BLT and have stayed at BWV. You can't sleep 5 in a 1BR at CCV, so we banked points and splurged for a 2BR there, and will likely do that again.

I looked at a week in a 2BR for spring break and thought about VGF. It's something like 475 pts for a week in a 2BR! Yikes.

No - we stay in 1BRs. We own BLT and have stayed at BWV. You can't sleep 5 in a 1BR at CCV, so we banked points and splurged for a 2BR there, and will likely do that again.
Yes it’s annoying that they only sleep 4. When we first toured there in December our guide said we could sleep 5 and people do it all the time, but apparently he was just desperate to sell a contract.

I looked at a week in a 2BR for spring break and thought about VGF. It's something like 475 pts for a week in a 2BR! Yikes.
I can’t get over the spring break rate. It’s the perfect time to go, but I can’t stomach the points, same goes for Christmas week.

We only stay Sun-Thurs nights, sometimes Friday if we need to for our flight schedule. That alone saves a ton of points. If I never go to a WDW park on a Saturday again it will be soon enough. We did Spring Break one time - WOOF! That was enough. Never again. Same goes for holiday weeks.

I can’t get over the spring break rate. It’s the perfect time to go, but I can’t stomach the points, same goes for Christmas week.
This is where the point Barons can go in and easily secure a reservation without any worries about walking or any of those other stressors.

facebook twitter