Tell me your favorite 2 bedroom resort and why!

Just got back and unpacked, and I couldn't wait to make this post. Please help me, I can't turn off my brain and I'm running way too many scenarios in my head about the best options for us and our future trips.
Apparently we are raising entitled kids, and bed sharing has become a legitimate nightmare. As a family of 5, I don't see a one bedroom really solving this problem. I've always thought the answer would be that we would simply get two studios eventually and split up. But honestly, as much as I hate to admit this, I got tired of the food at Disney, and so did our wallet. Maybe me recently going gluten free finally pushed me in the direction of actually cooking on vacation, b/c I've always balked at the idea until now.
So here I am, having to admit to nearly everyone here that they were right, and actually once you even think about getting a 2 bedroom, you can't really go back.
This has left me wondering where we should buy more resale points. We loved BCV, and would really enjoy a 6-7 night stay in a 2 bedroom the first week of June each year. Would this be possible at the 7 month window for that time of year since it's not a studio? I guess I'm wondering how hard 2 bedrooms across all the resorts are to get? We own SAP at SSR, but the park/skyliner access at Crescent Lake can't be beat IMO. Should we buy more SAP, or suck it up and start BCV hunting? SAP is more affordable, but no guarantee that we'll get what we want. BCV is much more pricey, but we have the guarantee and if we get tired of the mouse one day (gasp!) the points would be easy to rent.
The monorail resorts aren't very appealing to us from an ownership standpoint. VGF isn't for us, and while Poly was nice, we didn't enjoy it as much as BCV. Now CCV, yes, I want to own there one day, but mainly for a December stay and probably not a full week. I know people view it as SAP+, but I'm not sure buying a lot of points there specifically for a Crescent Lake stay makes sense. So long term I hope to own CCV, but it's not an immediate need b/c it wouldn't be our primary vacation like the summer.
Am I an idiot for staying at BCV for a couple of nights and falling in love? And it wasn't the pool, just the laid back vibe of the resort really did it for us. But, there are so many other places we haven't stayed yet. Also, Hubs likes the idea of dues ending in 18 years, so the 2042 end date isn't a major concern, but I do run a lot of numbers when analyzing the cost and I don't like how much more it costs per night. I've considered getting a BCV contract and renting out points until we cover a majority of our up front cost, but yes I realize this gives us less trips on an already short contract. AAAAGGGGHHHH
I will stop here for now, I think I could make this post a novel with everything swirling in my head! Trying to be logical about something you have an emotional attachment to feels impossible.
Buy where you want to stay, but RIV might be an option with the current promos you could go direct (price per year less than resale BCV). And then if your Husband wants to stop paying dues in 18 yrs you could sell it (or rent) as it would have 27ish years left. Our family loves the location between Epcot and Hollywood, foot print, restaurants, pool bar, and the rooms. Animal kingdom is awesome and usually has availability, but no skyliner. We own CCV, GFV, BLT and RIV and have stayed at everything but SSR- RIV is our go to favorite.

Are you booking right at 7 months, and how long are your stays in the 2 bedrooms? I agree with what you're saying, and I'm thinking hard about doing this, which is why I bought SAP as my first contract. But I do not enjoy the stalking as much as I thought I would, I find it to be a little stressful.
Yes we book at 7 months. Stays range from 4-11 nights.
Can always book something and then wait list as well.
Depends on when you are travelling on what’s available.
My goal is to stay at every resort. We don’t need or use an 11 month window.

So far all deluxe resort 2 bedrooms are very nice and comfortable. We haven’t needed to stay at a specific resort.
We didn’t buy to “save”, but to upgrade our accommodations for a reasonable price.

Bought just over 500 unrestricted resale points back in early 2010s. It is a different product now as all resale is restricted to some degree.

Last edited:
Buy where you want to stay, but RIV might be an option with the current promos you could go direct (price per year less than resale BCV). And then if your Husband wants to stop paying dues in 18 yrs you could sell it (or rent) as it would have 27ish years left. Our family loves the location between Epcot and Hollywood, foot print, restaurants, pool bar, and the rooms. Animal kingdom is awesome and usually has availability, but no skyliner. We own CCV, GFV, BLT and RIV and have stayed at everything but SSR- RIV is our go to favorite.
I don’t like RIV’s pt chart or resale restrictions. We are local so direct has almost no benefit to us.
I know a lot of people like AKV but I stayed there in Feb for one night and it was by far my least fav room of all that I’ve tried. Hopefully the refurb helps, but it’s so isolated there I don’t think I can get on board.

I like this thread! I’m currently debating a 1BR or 2BR for my next trip. Might splurge on a 2BR….
I’m starting to think we may work our way to the 2 bedroom. I’d rather bring a small air mattress and put 1 kid on the floor than listen to the fighting or have to buy more points right away. We will only have 200 total by July, and that won’t get us a 2 bedroom.
Hopefully we can add on each year until we get to the points sweet spot for us, while also scoring the good deals that seem to pop up Dec-Feb.

I’m starting to think we may work our way to the 2 bedroom. I’d rather bring a small air mattress and put 1 kid on the floor than listen to the fighting or have to buy more points right away. We will only have 200 total by July, and that won’t get us a 2 bedroom.
Hopefully we can add on each year until we get to the points sweet spot for us, while also scoring the good deals that seem to pop up Dec-Feb.
This is why my youngest child is the biggest advocate for the 2Bd…. they are the ones that tend to get the shaft their whole lives….

I’m relatively new at this, but have you thought about buying enough BCV points to stay in a 2 bdrm there every other year? Via banking/borrowing, doesn’t that still give you the 11 month window as long as you are using that resort’s points? Then bank/borrow your other contracts to do some other resort at the 7 month window the alternating years, and waitlist BCV just in case. Requires a little more logistical planning, but might let you buy a smaller additional contract where you want to stay.

Last edited:
I’m relatively new at this, but have you thought about buying enough BCV points to stay in a 2 bdrm there every other year? Via banking/borrowing, doesn’t that still give you the 11 month window as long as you are using that resort’s points? Then bank/borrow your other contracts to do some other resort at the 7 month window the alternating years, and waitlist BCV just in case. Requires a little more logistical planning, but might let you buy a smaller additional contract where you want to stay.
You know I have thought about that in the past, but thanks for bringing it back to my attention! I'm currently working on a spreadsheet to price out the cost per night for a studio vs 1 bed vs 2 bed across a few resorts we're interested in. I'm trying to see if we can justify the added cost of larger rooms vs the extra food expenses that come with a studio.

This should also help me with a longer term plan, which is hard b/c I have no chill and want what I want yesterday. We are financially sound and will possibly end up with 600ish points when everything is said and done. I'd like it today, but it's easier for hubs to swallow if it's acquired over a few years' time.

We recently stayed in a 2BR at BLT for a week and we absolutely loved it, way more than we expected to. That third bathroom is amazing. We loved our stay at Kidani for the same reason, but being able to pop right over to MK and the other monorail resorts was wonderful.
Ugh I know I need to try it out, but I cringe every time I look at that building. I think I'm going to suck it up and book a short stay there with the banked 2023 points we have coming in a few weeks. I'm going on the record though saying one and done for us.

You know I have thought about that in the past, but thanks for bringing it back to my attention! I'm currently working on a spreadsheet to price out the cost per night for a studio vs 1 bed vs 2 bed across a few resorts we're interested in. I'm trying to see if we can justify the added cost of larger rooms vs the extra food expenses that come with a studio.

This should also help me with a longer term plan, which is hard b/c I have no chill and want what I want yesterday. We are financially sound and will possibly end up with 600ish points when everything is said and done. I'd like it today, but it's easier for hubs to swallow if it's acquired over a few years' time.

For some encouragement, posting our 2 bedroom theme park view from 2020. Pic is zoomed in past the parking lot. During the day, I actually prefer the lake view. But lake view usually doesn’t matter as we’re in the parks.

Attachments

• IMG_1444.jpeg
    IMG_1444.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 20
I absolutely loved the 2bed at BLT, and would 100% recommend it. If you've never stayed there, and think you won't like it, I'd wait to book your stay there for after the refurb is done. While I personally did not think the rooms were as bad as most make them seem, if you're already going in not liking the resort, it'll reinforce your preconceived notion.

Having said that, if you know you love BCV, but however many points you need there. Our main home resort is BLT, but I really enjoy staying around crescent lake. So we recently added on a 100pt contract at BWV. It was so worth it to be able to book a 2 bedroom for Wine and Dine, without having to worry about what we'd be able to get at the 7 month mark.

I've heard so many complaints about the rooms at BLT being dated and worn looking that I went in with low expectations. We needed that third bathroom for our stay to be comfortable for the whole group, so I just kind of sucked it up and booked it. But I thought the room looked great and it was extremely comfortable for all of us. We got lucky and were able to book a standard view at 7 months for the whole week and although I requested a room on the 5th floor, we ended up on the second floor. Even that ended up being great because we could skip the elevator and get back and forth to our room easily.

Side note: the master bath still has a full "jacuzzi" tub. I'm sure those will be replaced by the more desirable "soaking" tub in the refurb, but I sure did enjoy those bubble jets during our stay.

The "courtyard" part of BLT (the inside of the horseshoe) was a happy surprise as well. It was in full shade in the afternoon, and there were lots of families out there playing games together.

The BLT dedicated pool is just so-so, but it was never crowded as a result of being kind of lackluster, so we thought that was a win as well. I seriously considered buying points there after our stay. But I'm holding out for the Poly tower, because our hearts are at Poly.

However, I look forward to staying at BLT again when we need a 2 BR.

We mainly book one-bedroom units, but have stayed at a few resorts in a two-bedroom - OKW (home resort), BLT (home resort) and BRV. OKW rooms are very spacious and I actually sort of prefer the two-bedroom to the GV (as lovely as they are, kitchen noise can really travel to the upstairs bedrooms, but sometimes occupancy-wise you need the extra rooms). BLT has the extra full bathroom, which is a terrific convenience. And BRV was recently beautifully renovated. We stayed there in September and really enjoyed it.

I would also add that we stayed in a one-bedroom unit at RR in November when we found ourselves with extra points to use. We loved it - very nicely furnished and lots of space. I’m sure the two-bedroom units there would work well for a larger group. We plan a return trip at some point, but the rooms at RR are a points splurge.

Get the 2BD at BLT… When traveling with a family with small kiddos…. Chef’s Kiss!
I just this morning put in two WL for Theme Park view 2BR (dedicated and lockoff) for Marathon Weekend 2025 and the week following. DD is running, and it will be DGD's first visit (she'll be about a year and a half old). We have a GV booked at BWV, but DD is willing to give up the extra bedroom and the guaranteed Boardwalk view for the walk to MK with DGD, and when she asked about switching to BLT I had to agree that it made sense. Our chances of having either WL come through are slim, and I am NOT doing a split stay with a toddler, but as I've often said, what do we have to lose?! :cutie:

Like most people are saying, buy where you want to stay. Go Beach club and get enough points to get the 2 Bedroom.
One thing to think about, From a value standpoint, If you buy beach club, try and stay at beach club as much as you can. Saying that because when you break down your cost of each point, Beach club is up there for the most expensive. So you dont want to buy Beach Club then stay at Animal Kingdom 50% of the time.

You probably already know that since you have Sleep around points already

facebook twitter