Tell me something random about Disneyland

The windows on Main Street are dedicated to people who have had a role in the history of Disney.

Random Fact: There is one door that is dedicated to a completely fictitious person.

The door of New Century Jewelry says, Dr. Benjamin Silverstein M.D. – General Practitioner.

He does not exist. There is a mezuzah on the door frame (hung properly).

- Dreams

From a personal note Disneyland was one of the only companies who honored the military during the unpopular Vietnam war.
They gave free admission and unlimited ride passes ( back when ticket books were in use) to active duty members of the military during one specific promotion. It was the most magical trip we ever had at DL and completely beyond our budget at the time. It was also especially appreciated as it was taken between multiple deployments to south east Asia by my dad.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

1. Coke Cola (A Disney sponsor) created a cherry coke syrup specifically for Disneyland park. It is a different syrup you wont find in Cherry Coke on store shelves. You can get this cherry Coke at Coke Corner at Disneyland but you will have to ask for it cause cherry coke is not on their menu, only the regular coke or diet coke.

2. Disneyland disposes 30 tons of garbage each day, and recycles 1,850 tons each year

This is not an official random bit about Disneyland, but a personal amusing story. During the day, my DD pointed out the ducks swimming about Rivers of America. Later that evening, we are watching F! and the dragon lights the river on fire. My DD turns to me and says, "Duck nuggets."

:lmao:

From a die-hard Pixar fan, here comes some Cars Land trivia:

If you've ever watched the Cars films and shorts closely, you'll notice that every machine they interact with has a foot pedal, e.g. garage doors, gas pumps, Holly Shiftwell's spy computers, etc. This is because cars have no hands, they press and operate everything with their tires. This detail is preserved in Cars Land; the curtains that frame the whitewall tires in the Luigi's shop portion of the LFT queue still have a foot pedal near the floor for opening the curtains (Luigi used it in a scene from Cars 1). The entrance to LFT queue is also a garage door, complete with a foot pedal (I think it's inside). The gas pumps in front of Flo's also have these pedals.

Also, every single thing on the side of the wall on the far right in the MJJ queue is from one of the Cars Toon: Mater's Tall Tales short films.

Last one: in Cars 1, during the beginning where Lightning McQueen stumbles into Radiator Springs, Fillmore is sitting with Sarge in front of Flo's and staring at the traffic light, which continuously blinks yellow. He says, and I quote, "I'm telling you man, every third blink is slower!" This is actually true, both in the movies and in Cars Land.

This detail is preserved in Cars Land; the curtains that frame the whitewall tires in the Luigi's shop portion of the LFT queue still have a foot pedal near the floor for opening the curtains (Luigi used it in a scene from Cars 1). The entrance to LFT queue is also a garage door, complete with a foot pedal (I think it's inside). The gas pumps in front of Flo's also have these pedals.

I love this detail. I think the rack to raise cars that is in the queue also has a pedal to lift it. :)

This is not an official random bit about Disneyland, but a personal amusing story. During the day, my DD pointed out the ducks swimming about Rivers of America. Later that evening, we are watching F! and the dragon lights the river on fire. My DD turns to me and says, "Duck nuggets."

This actually did happen during the first months of testing F! Way back in the early 1990s, my dearly departed Uncle Bill was Fire Chief at Disneyland (he had come out of retirement as a former LA fire chief to take the job.) As you can imagine, the Disneyland fire safety personnel were all over the implementation of the F! program. Uncle Bill told me and my cousins some gruesome stories about the poor duckies who were getting regularly roasted on ROA during after hours testing for F! The "smarter" river fowl learned when to get out of the way, but there was a learning curve and ROA overnight clean up to take care of the casualties.

There are more rides in the two parks at Disneyland than there are at the 4 parks at WDW.

When we were there last month we rode...er...operated the Davy Crocket canoes. There were only 4 of us so we chatted up our tour guide. We told him about how mean our last tour guide was to make us paddle so hard. He said the tour guides are no longer doing the sarcasm and psuedo-meanness. I was a little disappointed because the abuse was always funny.

:yay:
You have amazing timing!!!! Be sure to listen to this week's DIS Unplugged Disneyland show. I'll be talking about Davey Crockett's Explorer Canoes!
:yay:

...Last one: in Cars 1, during the beginning where Lightning McQueen stumbles into Radiator Springs, Fillmore is sitting with Sarge in front of Flo's and staring at the traffic light, which continuously blinks yellow. He says, and I quote, "I'm telling you man, every third blink is slower!" This is actually true, both in the movies and in Cars Land.

This is perhaps one of the best all time movie references come to life. We all heard that this was supposed to happen and it's so great that it does. Such a simple little effect, and yet so wonderful to watch! Good one!

Really??? Seriously??? I need a count. If true, THIS must be advertised more!!!

Well... part of this depends on how you count. "Rides"? I believe this is correct. "Attractions"? No. (Shows, EPCOT Pavilions, other things to do that are not "rides")

- Dreams

Walt's Apartment features a collection of original Edison wax cylinder recordings. VERY rare.

At least as of the mid-1990's, there were still multiple locations with asbestos.

The light in Walt's apartment above the fire house, which represents Walt still "being there", would be extinguished when Walt's daughters were in the park after his death.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter