Tell me about staying off-site

TheDailyMoo

DIS Veteran
Specifically Margaritaville for half the price of the swan. Been going to Disney World for about 2 decades and Swolphin is as "off-site" as we've stayed. Building a trip for February and I ran out of DVC points and need to pay cash for a few days and was originally going to book the Swan again but it's a ridiculous amount to pay right now. I know they have dynamic pricing but I need to book. I'm looking specifically at Margaritaville because it's very cheap in comparison and it's part of AMEX The Hotel Collection so I'd get a few bucks off as well. I'm assuming they have shuttles or busses? Is the ride to parks really annoying? Would be only going to Epcot/HS for those couple of days. Also is the pool open in February?

Ooh the one thing I noticed on that shuttle schedule is needing to take the EP monorail over to MK to catch the shuttle back

Ooh the one thing I noticed on that shuttle schedule is needing to take the EP monorail over to MK to catch the shuttle back
Yeah that may not cut it for a short trip. We're big fans of popping out of park to head back for a while then either going back at night or hopping to another park. But man oh man it's half the price! lol

Yeah that may not cut it for a short trip. We're big fans of popping out of park to head back for a while then either going back at night or hopping to another park. But man oh man it's half the price! lol
I hate to encourage this but it has come in handy for us: Have you looked at confirmed reservations? There’s an aggregator out there. We’ve booked them a few times. Got OKW at $200/nt and AKV Jambo at $300. It’s not bad when availability is tight.

I hate to encourage this but it has come in handy for us: Have you looked at confirmed reservations? There’s an aggregator out there. We’ve booked them a few times. Got OKW at $200/nt and AKV Jambo at $300. It’s not bad when availability is tight.
I have! Nothing that works. I'm looking at getting points transferred which would be great but that ends up being close to the Swan pricing anyway after the AMEX benefits kick in. This will force my hand to buy another contract lol.

Have you checked to see how much Uber would average from Margaritaville? Combining Uber & the shuttle may work for you.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest