Target still requiring masks where you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect to the OP, Target dropped their mask mandate for all stores in May (in accordance with local mandates of course)

Its simply not true that your local Target was mandating masks this week. California lifted the mask mandate June 15.

Don’t conflate that with the fact that many employees and guests will choose to wear a mask or that masks are offered by the door.

https://corporate.target.com/press/...et-Statement-on-Face-Coverings-for-Guests-and
He may not be wrong about the store where he lives though, depending on what their local mandates are. I personally don’t know if there are any, but it’s possible.

I’m just outside chicago. It’s optional for those who are vaccinated. As is the grocery stores, Nordstrom, etc. a lot of people still wear them. So it’s hard to know if they are vaccinated or not. I prefer not to but if someone is uncomfortable I’m always carry one.

Here it is optional for vaccinated guests and employees. It seems like over the past couple of weeks the majority has shifted to no-masks at Target.

I was at my local Target two days ago. I thought masks were required. There was a sign on the front door (picture of person wearing mask) so I just assumed but I didn't read it. While walking thru the store, I noticed many not wearing one. I said something to my husband and my daughter said you don't have to wear a mask if you're fully vaccinated. I guess they're relying on the honor system and people doing the right thing. All employees however were wearing masks.

It is optional for vaccinated here. I see a mix of mask/not masked in every store I've been in lately.

With all due respect to the OP, Target dropped their mask mandate for all stores in May (in accordance with local mandates of course)

Its simply not true that your local Target was mandating masks this week. California lifted the mask mandate June 15.

Don’t conflate that with the fact that many employees and guests will choose to wear a mask or that masks are offered by the door.

https://corporate.target.com/press/...et-Statement-on-Face-Coverings-for-Guests-and
That is what confused me, the national policy lifted them at Target, but I went back by this morning, and they are still requiring masks and the sign makes no mention of vaccination status. And yes California did life the mask RECOMMENDATION, but individual businesses are still allowed to require masks. Our Dutch Bros coffee place finally reopened their walk in counter this week, and they very clearly has masks required signs. But the walk up area is only about 10 feet by 10 feet, so I can see that.
My post has nothing to do with guests choosing it wear masks, it is businesses having signs posted that guests MUST wear masks. But no, I didn't see any enforcement, but I didn't see anyone in Target without a mask.

I was surprised to see Target here still requiring masks. Big signs up still, and boxes and boxes of masks at the entrance so they clearly know some are not expecting this.

No, not in N. Minnesota, but they held on to them longer than the other stores.

Yes, in our area masks are still required at Target. But we still have a mask mandate until Wednesday. I would expect it to change Wednesday but who knows. Individual businesses can still require masks even if the state mandate is gone.

Masks are optional at Target and other stores here. Those of us who are still wearing masks are definitely in the minority, although I've read that our state is only 38% vaccinated. Clearly someone's lying -- and that's all the more reason to continue wearing masks. The crisis is getting better, but it's not over, so it's smart to keep protecting yourself.

I'm afraid to comment much further because I thought we weren't allowed to discuss stuff like this anymore?
I know on the Cruise Line forum they don't want to get into the topic, not aware of any other forums that I frequent here prohibiting civil discussion

I know on the Cruise Line forum they don't want to get into the topic, not aware of any other forums that I frequent here prohibiting civil discussion
I'm not commenting on the civility of the discussion. I just thought they made a rule recently that prohibited this type of conversation.

TJ Maxx is definitely enforcing their mask policy, at least at the location here. There is an employee standing at the front telling you masks are required and she will give you one, if you don't have one. I found that annoying since I'm fully vaccinated but of course I just wore the mask and didn't complain. Hard to shop there with the dressing rooms still closed, too. I will say that once I was making my rounds in the store, I was just about the only customer who actually kept the mask on. lol.

The Bronx- some wore masks, some did not (customers). All the employees I noticed had them on.

Last edited:
I haven't been to a Target in a few years but I asked one of my sons and he said no. He said he saw maybe a couple of people wearing one but that was about it.

North Texas here and pretty much no one is wearing a mask anywhere near me. Yes, there are still a few masked people here and there, but for the most part, masks are gone (thankfully).

I'm at the Southern part of the state, and it's a totally different story. Everyone is still wearing masks EVERYWHERE. Grocery stores, Walmart, Dollar Tree, even places with signs that say "Masks are now optional"-it seems that no one reads. It's just such a habit, I guess. DS and his family were here from North Texas over the weekend, and he couldn't't believe how totally different it is. He basically said what you did about North Texas.
Although I haven't been to Target, I'd be very surprised if anyone was there without a mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter