Talk me off the ledge!!

Do it! I watched a small contract for BCV and thought should I, maybe I should, I dunno... then I waited long enough and someone else solved the problem for me. I should have jumped on it.

Price is a little high on that one but it's a smaller contract and $/pt doesn't build up quite so badly. If it's what you needed and the funds are there...
me too I waited too long and BCV was gone, it was perfect Dec use year 170 points, but alas I didn't hit submit offer button and after 3 more months of searching I bought March use year 170 points I regret that every time I try figure out that March use year. Aggh!

There's a few September 110-150 Boardwalk contracts for sale at a much better price per point. And you could probably sell your small contacts at a premium price. Also, I hated having two use years...
Agree two use years is not ideal, I thought it would be no big deal but I don't care for it at all. Especially if you have same resort in separate use years.

YES, that is the main reason I'm against it right now. The thought of doing more paperwork this year is just horrific!!

I'll just have to wait until late next year & see what's out there & make that decision then. It was just funny how I had this dilemma in my head, then the world presented a 70pt option that just so happen to fit perfectly. lol
If by "funny' you mean "torture"

Your not going to make it till next year, who are you kidding. :tongue:

It's kind of like going to racing-forums.com and asking: "Hey, do y'all think it would be a good idea to spend my weekend watching cars drive fast and turn left?"
Right, lol? Although, I'd be hesitant to refer anyone to financial advisors for an honest view either, after the Dave Ramsey / timeshares fiasco a few years ago ;) Ramsey found his own way to make money on timeshares, I guess ;)
https://theabramsfirm.com/the-150-million-dave-ramsey-lawsuit-explained/#:~:text=It alleges that Ramsey's promoting,monthly payments amounting to $450,000.

Last edited:
It's kind of like going to racing-forums.com and asking: "Hey, do y'all think it would be a good idea to spend my weekend watching cars drive fast and turn left?"
More like, should I watch cars turn left, or watch cars turn both ways later (now or later, different seasons), but I'm definitely going to watch cars regardless. ;)

Agree two use years is not ideal, I thought it would be no big deal but I don't care for it at all. Especially if you have same resort in separate use years.
Agree, although I haven't even had to deal with it yet, I would never get the same resort in different UY.

If by "funny' you mean "torture"

Your not going to make it till next year, who are you kidding. :tongue:
I'll make it to next year, just not sure I'll make it through next year. lol

Buy in September, strip and transfer your October points over to your September membership then sell those.

As someone who also owns a smattering of smaller contracts, I’m constantly shuffling and mix/matching points around. Two use years other than maybe VGC seems like a non starter.

I think the lowered resale value of a larger contract is no longer a concern on these resorts you are primarily buying to own until expiration.

Buy in September, strip and transfer your October points over to your September membership then sell those.
That may be a great way to move forward after my 2025 trip!! (although I may have already borrowed the 2026 points)

As someone who also owns a smattering of smaller contracts, I’m constantly shuffling and mix/matching points around. Two use years other than maybe VGC seems like a non starter.

I think the lowered resale value of a larger contract is no longer a concern on these resorts you are primarily buying to own until expiration.
True, resale value isn’t much of a concern with BWV… except I can probably get $150/pp for each 25 now. :)

Did you buy it? I had been watching that same contract since earlier in the am that you posted this thread and trying to talk DH into buying it. We went through pros and cons for a couple of days before deciding we didn't really need the points and the asking was a little higher than we wanted. I continued watching for it and was sad when it disappeared after a few days, even though we weren't buying it.

Did you buy it? I had been watching that same contract since earlier in the am that you posted this thread and trying to talk DH into buying it. We went through pros and cons for a couple of days before deciding we didn't really need the points and the asking was a little higher than we wanted. I continued watching for it and was sad when it disappeared after a few days, even though we weren't buying it.
Wasn’t me.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest