Tag Fairy

happily single

Left foot first!
Thanks to Facebook I am reminded that 15 years ago the Tag Fairy costed me, giving me my one and only tag.
Is the fairy still around?

I also miss Ding from Southwest. Remember that? It was something you installed in your computer and when a random sale would happen you would hear Ding. Oh how I miss that!

Yeah - I used to have a tag and it just disappeared one day - no idea why.

Yeah - I used to have a tag and it just disappeared one day - no idea why.
A software change several years ago (maybe 2015?) did not include a field allowing the same usage that had been used by the Tag Fairy. Many people found their tags in a strange string of characters beneath their avatar (where yours says "DIS Veteran"). Some folks moved those tags to their signatures, others just erased them, or if short enough some cleaned it up and left it there.

A software change several years ago (maybe 2015?) did not include a field allowing the same usage that had been used by the Tag Fairy. Many people found their tags in a strange string of characters beneath their avatar (where yours says "DIS Veteran"). Some folks moved those tags to their signatures, others just erased them, or if short enough some cleaned it up and left it there.
Of course, you can edit the tag yourself under "Account details"

I have not been on the boards in years (or WDW for that matter) and just noticed that my tag is just a jumble of text :( . Like BlueStarryHat I was beyond :banana::hyper: when the Tag Fairy honored me with a tag after a random visit to the CB. Seems anticlimactic to just write something there myself...

I was never one of the lucky ones to have the Tag Fairy hit me. I would have been excited just as you guys were. To me it would have felt like I was a part of the cool kids. LOL Oh well, I am happy being the "floater" on The Dis just like I was in high school. :rotfl:

I do miss the Tag Fairy. It was fun to see who and what became their tag.

I miss the Tag Fairy, too! I was so happy when I got mine a long time ago, it was a random moment when I noticed it. Over the course of the years it jumbled up like others have said, but I have kept it and not altered it.

I am having to post, to see what is under my name. i had a tag, then it got lost in the shuffle, then I kind of got a new one. I haven't been around lately, so I had forgotten about them.

Edit: My new one went away when something got messed up and I had to add the "1' after my hame.

🧚 I got my tag from the fairy after a long-ago nostalgia post. (I fixed it myself to keep it after the software shift, but kept the original words.) It was such fun back then to see them appear!

🧚 I got my tag from the fairy after a long-ago nostalgia post. (I fixed it myself to keep it after the software shift, but kept the original words.) It was such fun back then to see them appear!
Your tag always makes me smile. I remember having fun with click-clacks when I was a kid. 😊

The tag allowed under your avatar doesn't have enough characters for the tag fairy to leave them any more. But she did leave me my avatar.

I liked the file you could send to friend that gave them a free cup holder. And it would open your floppy disk..

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest