Swapoholics Anonymous meeting - room 101

What happens if you don't have a husband anymore? Mine passed away several years ago and now I am left to my own devices!!! YIKES!!!! My best friend is my enabeler!!! When we go shopping together, watch out, you never know what could happen! It's awful, we talk each other into buying things!!! We talk each other into swaps! We talk each other into everything! We just get into too much trouble together!!! LOL!!! It is fun though....

maria34a said:
What happens if you don't have a husband anymore? Mine passed away several years ago and now I am left to my own devices!!! YIKES!!!! My best friend is my enabeler!!! When we go shopping together, watch out, you never know what could happen! It's awful, we talk each other into buying things!!! We talk each other into swaps! We talk each other into everything! We just get into too much trouble together!!! LOL!!! It is fun though....

AHHH see your friend needs to join our group. She needs an intervention. As for the hubby thing, sorry for your loss. How bout a boyfriend? Got one of those?

Hi I'm the Swap Goddess it has been 4 days since I last worked on a swap.

I don't think I can go on much longer, see... I... um....created a swap monster..... we are already talking about next year....
Can someone please come sit with me to fight the urges.

P.S. i just received 4 boxes of swap stuff....

I'm here til the kids get home from school..
it's been a week since I worked on swaps..
I have no mail yet.. :(

It has been 9 days since I worked on a swap! :thumbsup2

But, I keep thinking of all of these cool topics we could do. And doing my album, I had so much beautiful stuff to use.

I think I am in serious danger of backsliding! Although I think DH might be happy to stage an intervention. :rotfl2:

NewEnglandDisney said:
My name is NED, and I've never been in a swap. :(

I just like the punch'n'pie.

NED

Welcome to the inner sanctum NED! UH I mean the support group.

MMMUUUWWAAAHHHAAAHHAAAA :maleficen

So about this no swapping thing...I found a flaw.

My DH went to Dallas with his friends for the weekend, and my shopping probation is basically over. So I went to the Lil Davis warehouse sale. That was fine, got some chipboard for the first time. Then I went to my favorite LSS, with a coupon in hand. I left after about 15 minutes without buying anything! Without a specific project to search for I was completely overwhelmed! Normally, I buy paper there. These are the same people that own Bazzill, so all along the outside of the room are shelves full of Bazzill, every color, and then there are about 8 rows of paper (I never knew there was so much paper before I went there). Normally, I look for stuff to use for my swaps, and then buy a little extra to do my pictures for whatever theme my swap was. Without something specific to search for I was lost.

Then today, I went to our brand new Hobby Lobby, same problem. All their paper was 50% off for the grand opening. The paper aisle was so crowded that I skipped it! The shame, I saw enough to see that they had some of the papers that I loved at the LSS but didn't want to spend 80 cents a sheet for. I did manage to spend $40 on scrapping stuff though, I got the basic grey "Oh, Baby Boy" and "Oh,Baby Girl" collections for when I do DH and my baby pictures and I could never justify the price before.

So it's a good thing the new year is coming because I need some direction to focus my shopping properly!

Whew! It's been 12 hours since I worked on a swap.. I'm glad it's over.. Can I just tell you finding inspiration for some items will wear you out! It'll be nice to get the swap back though... I think I'm holding out on 2 swaps to be returned!!! I have 4 crates full of items I need to use and get my books going again.. My kids are ready to see a swap item or two or three put to use!!! I think DH is too!! :)

Okay, now, how many of you have already started your list for next year? I have the ones I want to be in marked..but I'm limiting myself dramatically compared to this year! :) Yes, I'm going to follow through on my limit per swap too.. (unless of course I need to angel)

PrincessNancy96 said:
Whew! It's been 12 hours since I worked on a swap.. I'm glad it's over.. Can I just tell you finding inspiration for some items will wear you out! It'll be nice to get the swap back though... I think I'm holding out on 2 swaps to be returned!!! I have 4 crates full of items I need to use and get my books going again.. My kids are ready to see a swap item or two or three put to use!!! I think DH is too!! :)

Okay, now, how many of you have already started your list for next year? I have the ones I want to be in marked..but I'm limiting myself dramatically compared to this year! :) Yes, I'm going to follow through on my limit per swap too.. (unless of course I need to angel)

I've already started my list of ideas for next year and planning how to join a swap while on vacation. The zoo swap to be exact. We will be in Knoxville that week doing Mini stuff but I will be with my sistas KAMommy and SIOH. I know they'll have my back! LOL
I think the great thing about the calendar is we can get a look ahead at swaps we want to join. I'm kind of glad we are going back to elements only for most and kits for the few big ones. I've been working on the GvE for 2 days straight and I'm getting tired. At least it's only 6 in each group though.

Well, just let me know what you want for the zoo swap.. it's tags... I'm going to iron out my details between basketball games this weekend... DS10 plans in 3 of the 4 games..and I'm not sure what ss11 plays...but they are in the same building so we only have to switch courts to see them.. I have my scrapbag about packed.. LOL!
I sure hope they don't mind me sprawling out to get some scrapping time in!
So, are you gonna meet up with KAM & SIOH? That would be cool!!! :) You are going the long way right and coming by my house first, right?

PrincessNancy96 said:
So, are you gonna meet up with KAM & SIOH? That would be cool!!! :) You are going the long way right and coming by my house first, right?

I'll be seeing you in 2009 for the East meets West Mini meet. That's in Minneapolis so I figure we'll swing by your house first.
2007 is in Knoxville and 2008 our club is hosting so it will either be somewhere in CT or in N.H. We haven't decided yet.

PrincessNancy96 said:
okay, 2009.. you can help me get ready for my first kid graduation! LOL
:) Can't wait!!! :)

HMMM I wonder when Mini meet will be? It's usually late June/early July. We might at least make it to the grad party. That will be fun!

no party that year.. I need inspiration.. ideas..and I plan for those parties a year in advance.. get a jump on making my own decorations for a much better price.. Than I'm off for a year and than graduate 3 over the next 3 years... oh, help me! I need to hit the lottery soon!

I too am addicted to swapping! I can't wait to sign up for more.

I also must confess that I use other swapper's addresses for my own nefarious purposes. :rotfl:

Ooh! Zoo Swap. . .I might have to sign up for that one. I could use it for AK, right? :rotfl2: KAMommy & I are looking forward to meeting Buffy this summer. . .Nancy, she should definitely pick you up on the way! :thumbsup2

PrincessNancy'sSS said:
I too am addicted to swapping! I can't wait to sign up for more.

I also must confess that I use other swapper's addresses for my own nefarious purposes. :rotfl:
:rotfl2: okay so you all are messin' w/ the blonde girl.. you know who confused *I* can get!!! Now, I'm really confused!! :confused3

StitchIsOurHero said:
Ooh! Zoo Swap. . .I might have to sign up for that one. I could use it for AK, right? :rotfl2: KAMommy & I are looking forward to meeting Buffy this summer. . .Nancy, she should definitely pick you up on the way! :thumbsup2
Maybe DH can take a getaway weekend.. I just need to get dates... HUMMM??? We could have a MINI- meet of our own.. :rolleyes:
Yes, you can use them for the AK swap too... I've already got my ideas..now I just have to figure it out as for sign ups.. and numbers..and I know the element will be tags only.. :)

Will you have more than one group? 'Cause I want in on the zoo swap too. I think that will be a very popular one. Tags are fun and zoo theme can be use for the real zoo and the funny things that happen everyday that get caught on camera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter