Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke to a CM who said villains night tickets aren’t being refunded but if you can’t make the rescheduled night, you can print out the email with your ticket and it can be traded in for a one day single park admission ticket. I’m satisfied with that. Also asked about the expiration date for normal tickets and she said January 2022? Not sure whether to take that as truth or not, either she’s behind on that information or they went back to honoring the extension without updating the website yet. I only had to wait 12 minutes so it wasn’t too bad this time around.

Just spoke to a CM who said villains night tickets aren’t being refunded but if you can’t make the rescheduled night, you can print out the email with your ticket and it can be traded in for a one day single park admission ticket. I’m satisfied with that. Also asked about the expiration date for normal tickets and she said January 2022? Not sure whether to take that as truth or not, either she’s behind on that information or they went back to honoring the extension without updating the website yet. I only had to wait 12 minutes so it wasn’t too bad this time around.
I'm glad you received a solution which will work for you. Has anyone else heard the Jan. 2022 expiration date from a CM recently? Can anyone confirm this?

Shanghai Disneyland phased re-opening of shopping and resort hotels-but not the parks. Conditions and state/local orders will be different for all parks, so this may mean very little at this point for Disneyland and Disneyworld. Apologies if this is posted elsewhere.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/shanghai-disney-resort-phased-reopening-masks-required
This is not Disney’s decision. The government of Shanghai has mandated masks be worn in all public places. It looks good because it looks like Disney is being careful- but they’re just following the law.

I think a good indicator of a reopening time frame will be if Star Wars Celebration gets canceled or not. That's the last weekend in August, with Star Wars night at DL on August 27th. If it gets canceled then my guess would be they aim for the Fall season to reopen.

Last edited:
I think a good indicator of a reopening time frame will be if Star Wars Celebration gets canceled or not. That's the last weekend in August, with Star Wars night at DL on August 29th. If it gets canceled then my guess would be they aim for the Fall season to reopen.

Maybe, but wouldn't the most probable scenario be the convention center event canceled and the park still opening at 50% capacity, with a similar plan that Disney World has put together?

I had completely forgotten about Star wars Celebration...quite surprised there is no mention of covid on there website at all. guess they are still waiting to see if they can make it work.

Honestly, I had my husband call (on speakerphone) because I don’t like confrontation. I wasn’t planning any rudeness but was expecting to possibly be told no and my husband would have no problem pushing the issue but I would just say ok thanks bye lol

it was very simple, done within 5-10 mins of them answering the phone (one hour on hold). My husband just said that we had the Canadian tickets and had to cancel our trip so obviously can’t use them now and would like a refund. The CM immediately said just let me get my manager so we can approve it and put us back on a brief hold and she came back and told us it was done and to expect it to show up on the original method of payment in 1-2 billing cycles. According to my credit card statement online it was processed immediately and showed on my online account by Wednesday (Processing date was on the weekend).

I needed to find my email with my order number (started with DOLY), they would not take the ticket numbers to do it.

I don’t remember the option I chose. It had something to do with tickets. But the number I called was 1-714-520-5050.

Good luck! We had 4 tickets and if they were extended to May we wouldn’t be able to use them so the refund was very important to us. We also didn’t want to have that much money holding to apply in the future who knows when.

If I recall, I had original called the tickets number (this looks like vacation packages) and then I called this number after seeing a post on reddit about refunding vacation packages. However when I selected my option I’m pretty sure I got transferred back into the ticket line (when I chose an option it seemed to return me to the automated line I had been in previously if that makes sense). I remember being worried I had just extended my hold time by hanging up the first call lol.

Our tickets are 4 day Hoppers, which have already currently been extended until May 2021. I wanted to hang onto them for awhile to see what happens (because we may be able to go in the summer and next spring break, and it will be MUCH cheaper than buying new ones - especially with the decline of the Canadian dollar), but i feel like if i don't try to get the refund now, they'll simply extend the validity date for another year and start refusing refunds.

It's so hard to know what to do... what has everyone else been doing?

Our tickets are 4 day Hoppers, which have already currently been extended until May 2021. I wanted to hang onto them for awhile to see what happens (because we may be able to go in the summer and next spring break, and it will be MUCH cheaper than buying new ones - especially with the decline of the Canadian dollar), but i feel like if i don't try to get the refund now, they'll simply extend the validity date for another year and start refusing refunds.

I'm in the exact same boat as you except I have five day passes with the max pass for all travellers,we were aiming for August ourselves. I don't want to cancel because the ticket prices were so good and I purchased when the rate was good. I need to get a better understanding of what the park climate will be like before I fully commit to cancelling. If they were able to offer a credit for use anywhere in the park ( hotel, passes, purchaes) instead of a refund I would gladly take that. We purchased passes for DD best friend and she may not be able to travel with us I would only be able to use that credit to upgrade to an annual pass and from my understand I can't use that that credit towards three individual one day passes

I'm in the exact same boat as you except I have five day passes with the max pass for all travellers,we were aiming for August ourselves. I don't want to cancel because the ticket prices were so good and I purchased when the rate was good. I need to get a better understanding of what the park climate will be like before I fully commit to cancelling. If they were able to offer a credit for use anywhere in the park ( hotel, passes, purchaes) instead of a refund I would gladly take that. We purchased passes for DD best friend and she may not be able to travel with us I would only be able to use that credit to upgrade to an annual pass and from my understand I can't use that that credit towards three individual one day passes

I agree...we will likely have less travelers than tickets if we go in the summer, so having a dangling ticket with no way to use it (credit towards other Disney stuff) is useless. I'm leaning towards the refund, but i want to wait a bit more. I'm just scared if i wait too long, that option will disappear!

We have 5-day PF with MP. We're waiting. With the extension to May, we're hoping to go now in April (when we typically go, with the exception of this year when we had planned on November). If by the end of the year things have not made a significant turn for the better, we may nudge for a refund. My husband and I are in the very fortunate position of both being gainfully employed, so a refund isn't a necessity for financial reasons at the moment.

Watched part of the update today. I'm hoping this means we can move to phase 2. Maybe we can finally begin getting some info on Disneyland. I saw that Magic Mountain already stated a plan of what they will do when they reopen. I know they aren't Disney, but they are in a similar situation with closures.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/01/politics/california-reopening-newsom/index.htmlhttps://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/04/30/six-flags-magic-mountain-reopening/

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Our country club filed a plan with the health department here in SD on how to get the pool open for lap swim- and how they plan on complying with social distancing etc. I will be a happy girl when I can leave my kids at home with my husband and go swim!!!! If Newsome is days away from phase 2, that may be closer to being reality than I would’ve thought a week ago.

Really interested in what Disneyland is planning... not dates, but what they’re doing to be safer and to eventually open!!!! It’s been crickets!

How do you know they've been extended until May 2021? Is that written somewhere? And is that for all park hopper tickets? I purchased mine (six 5-day park hoppers) through LMTC and trying to decide what to do. I definitely can't go this year anymore...but the current expiration date on them says January 2021.

How do you know they've been extended until May 2021? Is that written somewhere? And is that for all park hopper tickets? I purchased mine (six 5-day park hoppers) through LMTC and trying to decide what to do. I definitely can't go this year anymore...but the current expiration date on them says January 2021.
The May 2021 extension so for some of the international tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter