Super Bowl XLIX Patriots vs. Seahawks

I voted for the Patriots. I used to live in Massachusetts, and once a Boston sports fan, always a Boston sports fan!

Belicheat vs The Weasel. Ugh.

I am hoping for a new Episode VII trailer during the game.

I'd be shocked for an Ep VII trailer, as I've seen no rumors at all about it. You'll probably have to wait until the new Avengers movie for that....but it would make sitting thru a game led by 2 of the most dishonest coaches in all of football worth it.

As I hate most everything about the New England team, I guess I'll root for Seattle --- who only has a coach I hate.

I know it's a little late, but I haven't seen a thread dedicated to the Super Bowl that wasn't "inflate-"centric. So here it is. A thread for the football aspect of the big game on Sunday.

I believe that we have the opportunity for not only a close Super Bowl, but a great Super Bowl. A vaunted defense vs. a balance offense. A variable defense vs. a read/option offense. 2 great special teams. 2 head coaches at the top of their games. The anticipation is already buzzing. And the individual questions are just as good.

Can the Seahawks D handle Gronk?

Can the Pats D contain Wilson?

Can the Legion of Boom fluster Brady?

Can Lynch break through the 320+ pounder of the Pats D-line?

Then you have the x-factors or both teams which are the same. The LB's and the WR's. Which corps will step up most for their teams?

For me, I see the Pats winning 27-23. A lot of conservative field goals in this game as the field postion game will be played like a game of chess.

Go Pats!!!

I watch the Superbowl every year.

This year, add me to the group of who cares. Since you don't have an option for who cares, have better things to do with my time than watch this game, I couldn't vote.

The commercials will all be online a few minutes after the game ends, so don't need to watch it. I would love to see the game make history by being the least watched Super Bowl ever.

Anticipation is buzzing? Guess that is why tickets are going for 20% less than last year.

I think it was awesome and telling that Kraft didn't even attend the State of the NFL address today.

I watch the Superbowl every year.

This year, add me to the group of who cares. Since you don't have an option for who cares, have better things to do with my time than watch this game, I couldn't vote.

The commercials will all be online a few minutes after the game ends, so don't need to watch it. I would love to see the game make history by being the least watched Super Bowl ever.

Anticipation is buzzing? Guess that is why tickets are going for 20% less than last year.

Where are you getting that stat? As of this morning, I heard that 2nd market prices are up 120%. But I am sorry that I didn't include a 5th option. I just figured that people who wouldn't be interested in watching the game, wouldn't be interested in the thread.

I'm feeling a little deflated Oops! I mean't defeated in keeping with OP's thread topic. I've felt this way since the Miami Dolphin's last loss. We are 6 Dolphins, 1 Bills fan's, and 2 undecided about football in general (8 & 6 yr old dgds).,

It promises to be a nail biter. I'm cheering the Patriots to a win!

Katy Perry is suppose to entertain us in a very interesting manner. :)

Last edited:
I voted "commercials" - but more acurately, I really go to Super Bowl parties for the food. popcorn::

As a New Englander by transplant, I "officially" root for the Patriots, but it really consists mostly of wearing the right gear. I admit to knowing next to nothing about football.

But I do kind of feel like if they win this time, it will always be connected to all the "deflate-gate" stuff.

Most likely I'll be part of the overwhelming majority of America: those who do NOT watch the game.

My feelings too.

The two teams I dis-like the most in the NFL.
Too bad they can't both lose.

Yup. I do think the Seahawks will win. I'd be okay with that as long as Pete Carroll gets pneumonia from the Gatorade shower.

I only watch The Super Bowl for the commercials, but I also watch The Puppy Bowl, and last year the new Kitten Bowl on Hallmark as well. All three are on at different times so not sure what to choose on the poll.

Although the best thing about The Super Bowl is the party snacks. :thumbsup2

I am, of course, for the Pats but I acknowledge that either team can win. My key for the Pats, defense needs a pick 6.

I don't get why there is so much disdain for Pete Carroll. He may not had much success when he was here but I never found him objectionable.

I am, of course, for the Pats but I acknowledge that either team can win. My key for the Pats, defense needs a pick 6.

I don't get why there is so much disdain for Pete Carroll. He may not had much success when he was here but I never found him objectionable.

Carroll ran away from his NCAA sanctions leaving USC holding the bag. Essentually, he got off Scot free while the University had to suffer the consequences.

1546295_637874729581601_705539849_n.jpg

Pretty hard to root for either. You have the cheaters vs the d bag.

I only watch The Super Bowl for the commercials, but I also watch The Puppy Bowl, and last year the new Kitten Bowl on Hallmark as well. All three are on at different times so not sure what to choose on the poll.

Although the best thing about The Super Bowl is the party snacks. :thumbsup2
New this year: Toddler Bowl on Lifetime. Noon Eastern (so it conflicts with the Kitten Bowl :()

Huge Pats fan here. I'm really hoping for a win. The defense is key. Go Pats! DO YOUR JOB! And then come home to another foot of snow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter