• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer Planning! Water parks or Resort pools?

I'd be tempted to try out Volcano Bay. It's pretty much new.

I miss River Country. It was raw fun.

You are staying 10 days and only allocating 2 days to use the resort pool? Wow. My kids would not be happy if we didn't use the resort pool at least once a day.

Last summer, we did a 10 day split stay (BC and CR) and we used the pool at the resort every day at some point, if even for an hour. We also did Blizzard Beach and Typhoon lagoon. I would recommend doing the water parks AND the resort pools. You have plenty of time to enjoy everything that way.

Pro resort pool: Resort pools don't involve waiting for a bus or driving or waiting in line to get on rides/slides.

Pro water parks: The water parks parks are awesome.

My vote is for resort pools this stay. If you were doing a 10 day trip all at the same resort, I would say to visit a water park one day. Because you are staying at 2 resorts, that already involves 2 different resort pools (3 if you do both Jambo and Kidani pools) and you will be packing and moving on a day which will take away some park time.

Have a great trip!

We stay at BCV every summer and while SAB is awesome, you should check out at least one water park (we do TL). So fun and definitely worth it if you're doing a long trip.

We will be there this summer and were debating getting the water parks. We decided to so it, since we love the Disney water parks. We are booked under free dining which means we already had to get the hopper and it wasn't much more to add the water parks. We usually hit our resort pool after the parks but also like to sprinkle some non park, water park days in there since the summer can get hot and tiring in the (non water) parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter