Summer Planning! Water parks or Resort pools?

Disneymom20

Earning My Ears
Looking for advice! We are doing a split stay this summer - 4 nights (Beach Club Villas) and 5 nights (Animal Kingdom). I am torn whether or not to add in the water parks this trip - we have never been to the water parks and ... this is our first stay as DVC members and have never stayed at either of these resorts! For July - is 1 day each at the resort pools a good plan or should I plan to do water parks (one day each) instead? Thanks!

I vote for resort pools! They have great pools. No need for water parks. Maybe even splurge for a cabana at Beach Club :).

We had the Platinum AP last year and swore we’d do the water parks at least once last summer, but the kids never wanted to leave the resort pools! Feel your family out and see what they’d prefer! Good luck deciding!

You’re staying at some great resorts- stay and explore and enjoy! It’s nice to have some down time from the parks. I say relax at your resorts!

Water parks for sure! My kids loved the water parks more than the 4 theme parks! They are a must every trip.

I prefer the pools over the water parks. It's just nice to be able to walk back and forth to your room from the pool, much more relaxing and enjoyable. :)

If you were staying at a Value resort I might recommend the water park, but not if you’re staying deluxe.

I was contemplating the same thing, but we will just hang at the AKL pool. I want relaxation and don't feel like dragging ourselves to a water park. :D

I’d definitely give the water parks a try! We visit at least one - sometimes two - every trip. The resort pools are lovely (we often stay at YC/BC) but they aren’t a water park, not even SAB.

Do BB and TL since you have never been to them-that is the only way to know how much you will like them.:)

Throw in a little time at the Resort Pools when schedule allows.

I’d definitely give the water parks a try! We visit at least one - sometimes two - every trip. The resort pools are lovely (we often stay at YC/BC) but they aren’t a water park, not even SAB.
I agree. Our last 2 trips were at BC/YC, but my kids still wanted to go to the water parks.

The water parks are fun, but if I were staying at those resorts, I would probably skip the water park. No getting in line for a bus or driving, no scouting for a place at the water park, no lines, etc. You can always add on a day once you arrive if you decide to go. I hope you have a great time!

Thanks everyone! We got a pretty good deal on the Canadian ticket package - I may leave them to do the waterparks maybe over an afternoon or two? Trying to get hubby to look beyond the parks! We do 14-16 hours each day but never explore outside the parks! LOL!

Thanks everyone! We got a pretty good deal on the Canadian ticket package - I may leave them to do the waterparks maybe over an afternoon or two? Trying to get hubby to look beyond the parks! We do 14-16 hours each day but never explore outside the parks! LOL!
I think BB and TL are MUST DOs for WDW fans at least once.

You may fall in love with them or you may not,but you won't know until you go!:)

OP is a DVC member, this advice is more for others reading this thread...Cabana Bay at Universal has good deals on rooms and family suites. It is a very short walk from Cabana Bay to Volcano Bay water park. Guests of Cabana Bay have a private entrance and security screening area.

The walk from Cabana Bay is less then the walk from the bus area used for other guests.

Since this is your first time at either resort and you are new DVC members, I say stick to the resorts this time. You’re staying at two great resorts and clearly you’ll be back regularly so you can save it for a future trip.

We try to keep the costs down (so we can visit more often) and we own at BCV. I haven’t bothered with water park tickets in years (and I am generally a huge fan of water parks especially the Disney ones). I do think it’s worth visiting at least one if you never have.

That said, my older kids are old enough to go on their own in the pool area a little (we’re there, we have an eye on them but we don’t need to be physically in the pool with them at all times), my 11yo wouldn’t go down a water slide if his life depended on it, and my 2yo can’t do much at a water park so obviously YMMV as to how useful a water park ticket would be.

That’s a tough one... The Resort Pools are usually awesome, but last time we went to Typhoon Lagoon instead, and we had a Blast! It’s surprisingly relaxing there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter