substituting people for plan

glencoe

DIS Veteran
I am going to WDW in Aug. (whoo hoo :banana: )
and since it is my husbands busiest time he will only be able to do a partial trip w/ my kids and I staying w/ the rest of the family the full time.
Here is the scenario if you can follow me :rolleyes: : There is me, my husband, 10 yr old , 6 and 3 yr old children.

I book 2 adults and 2 kids -for the whole plan (room, tickets and dining)-while my husband is with us (about 3 days out of 6) he will use the dining plan card, and we will buy my 10 yr old his food outright since he still really orders off the kid menu 90% of the time and when my hubby leaves, my son will then use the remainder of the plan for him since he is 10 and is considered an adult by disney standards.
Can this be done? Do the names on the room keys have to match who is eating, will they know the difference between who is using it and will they care since we are not cheating in any way? I am not sure how to book this trip w/ my hubby not making it completly.
Thanks for your help!! :wave2:

There are a few issues:

First you need to have everyone staying in the room on the reservation. If you have 5 people you need to list 5 people.

Second you have to purchase the dinning plan for everyone on the reservation for the length of stay. So if its 5 people for 6 nights then you get it for 5 people for 6 nights.

Last, you didn't mention park tickets but you will need to purchase at least a single day ticket for each person on the reservation. I don't know but I think everyone has to have the same type of ticket so if you are getting a 6 day ticket for yourself and the kids you will most likely end up paying for one for your husband as well.

I actually planned on buying the whole package for me and the kids and just buying my husbands park tickets seperate since he can't stay the entire trip. I know they want to know the amount of people in the room but it seems crazy I would have to pay for the dining plan for my husband for the full 6 nights 7 days when he will only be w/ us for 3 days.
However- after much pressuring.....he is going for the whole trip now, so I will book it for us all! :cheer2: Thanks for your help anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter