• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Straws at drink stations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird question, but are the straws at the self serve drink stations wrapped or unwrapped? Not a fan of the dispensers that shoot out the unwrapped straws... I get icked out thinking of all the people touching the plastic tray the straw comes out on! :) I figured I’d pack some straws if they are indeed unwrapped straws onboard. Thanks!

Just got off the Wonder 9 days ago and there were regular straws at the drink station, unwrapped, but in straw dispensers.

I am a straw drinker (and tend to bite the straw as well). Don't like when no straw is available but I have a "nails on a chalkboard" reaction to those paper straws. I need plastic. I know, I know about the environment, but those paper straws in my mouth are horrible. I actually bring a ziplock bag of plastic straws when I go to Animal Kingdom and other Disney places now as I have seen them pop up elsewhere. I am sorry. I recycle like crazy at home and do everything else I can for the environment, but I need my plastic straws :)
Going there in a week good to know.

Again, want and need are different. You need water. You want a straw. If there were water with no straw, would you die because you couldn’t drink?
I could. Because the cups could be contaminated. The straw helps prevent illness. So it is a need and a requirement for me. You can say what you want. You aren’t going to win me over with any environmental stuff.

This makes me so sad that so many people can’t just drink from a glass! For goodness sake how hard is it, when there are so many obvious environmental impacts caused by straws?
A culture obsessed with self, rather than thinking about the bigger picture for the sake of the greater good. :(

This makes me so sad that so many people can’t just drink from a glass! For goodness sake how hard is it, when there are so many obvious environmental impacts caused by straws?
A culture obsessed with self, rather than thinking about the bigger picture for the sake of the greater good. :(
Lol,

Because the rim of the glass could be dirty, the ice touching the teeth could be to cold. Women wearing lipstick or people that just don’t want to. It’s a personal preference. If you are worried about the environment, don’t cruise, don’t drive, don’t fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter