Sssh....don't tell anyone...we're cheating on CSR -- Contest -- Days 6 & 7--#3516

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I have nothing better to do being in bed sick and all I will plan your meals

Via Napoli, Caramel Shop, Via Napoli, Caramel Shop

Grey Goose Slushie every day

more Via Napoli LOL

and Caramel :lmao:

Since I have nothing better to do being in bed sick and all I will plan your meals

more Via Napoli LOL

Hey! pirate: You stole my itinerary!:rotfl2:

more Via Napoli LOL

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Boy...whatever weight I lose on my diet, I am going to end up gaining right back when I go to Disney if I go with those meals.

Seriously, Via Napoli is one of MANY places on our list for our limited meals.

I'm going to try to do an update tonight with the when and where for our trip (dates and where we are staying, etc.) and then will give a list of restaurants we are considering and gt opinions from all the wonderful people here.

I can tell you that the night of our arrival, we are going to drive to CityWalk and go to Emeril's for dinner. We've not been there in about four or five years and we really like it there. :love:

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Sounds like a great plan doesnt it?

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Boy...whatever weight I lose on my diet, I am going to end up gaining right back when I go to Disney if I go with those meals.

I am just thinking of all the weight I am losing having the flu!

Seriously, Via Napoli is one of MANY places on our list for our limited meals.

YAY! So glad this is on the list!

I'm going to try to do an update tonight with the when and where for our trip (dates and where we are staying, etc.) and then will give a list of restaurants we are considering and gt opinions from all the wonderful people here.

I will try to stay awake for it...Todd was a sweet love muffin and had the Dr. call in a script for me and he said it will knock me out and I really need some sleep! See...he isnt always such a bad guy ;) but in the same breath that he told me he got me drugs he also asked me what I am making for dinner tonight :confused3 So I think I have to maim him later :laughing:

I can tell you that the night of our arrival, we are going to drive to CityWalk and go to Emeril's for dinner. We've not been there in about four or five years and we really like it there. :love:

That is a very good choice! I have not been there in since I was in my early 30's...guess how long ago that was :scared1: If we get to go back I would want to try Bubba Gumpps and that is all Karin and Tom's fault!

It's ALL Todd's fault. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yeah it always is! :thumbsup2 Since he has messed up my Dis vacations so much he is now moving on to my Dis friends and messing up theirs :rotfl:

Have you tried Emeril's Tchoup Chop at the Royal Pacific? Delicious!

Jill in CO

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Sounds like a great plan doesnt it?

That is a very good choice! I have not been there in since I was in my early 30's...guess how long ago that was :scared1: If we get to go back I would want to try Bubba Gumpps and that is all Karin and Tom's fault!

Yeah it always is! :thumbsup2 Since he has messed up my Dis vacations so much he is now moving on to my Dis friends and messing up theirs :rotfl:

Oh yes...you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO old. Gee, I'm old enough to be your mother. :eek:

We have a Bubba Gump here in Chicago and Mark and I are going to go when the weather warms up some.

Jill in CO

Jill, no we have never been there. What kind of food do they serve? Maybe I'll have to go search out a menu.

more Via Napoli LOL

Sounds like a perfect vacation!!! Although I may have to have more than one GGS allowance :laughing:;)

Tracy

Oh yes...you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO old. Gee, I'm old enough to be your mother. :eek:

We have a Bubba Gump here in Chicago and Mark and I are going to go when the weather warms up some.

Jill, no we have never been there. What kind of food do they serve? Maybe I'll have to go search out a menu.

It's kind of Asian-Fusion...I did the Chef's Tasting menu and it was delicious. The restaurant was gorgeous too.

Jill in CO

Oh, yeah, and it is our fault again! As if it was my fault they make shrimp taste reaaaaaaaal good!!! :lmao:

Jill in CO

Kathy, you really should try it ........ it's delish! Here's a look at their menu.

more Via Napoli LOL

This takes care of Day #1. But then what?? :rotfl2:

I have lurked on your previous PTR and TRs using my parents disname but finally decided i needed an account of my own. I love the CSR and can't wait to see the rest of this PTR.:goodvibes

more Via Napoli LOL

:rotfl: This sounds like perfection.... I might leave out the slushies this time because I'll be with Max, but... oh, I think I might have one! :rolleyes:

wow...4 pages already... I better catch up

:welcome: Vickie; thanks for joining.

Sounds like a perfect vacation!!! Although I may have to have more than one GGS allowance :laughing:;)

Tracy

Tracy, I'm with you. GGS will have to be more than one. ;)

It's kind of Asian-Fusion...I did the Chef's Tasting menu and it was delicious. The restaurant was gorgeous too.

Jill in CO

Thanks, Jill...it sounds interesting and I'll definitely look into it.

Kathy, you really should try it ........ it's delish! Here's a look at their menu.

Look at you whipping out that menu. I've printed it and will show it to Mark.

This takes care of Day #1. But then what?? :rotfl2:

Dave, Day #2, we could do reverse. Caramel, Via Napoli, Caramel, Via Napoli :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I have lurked on your previous PTR and TRs using my parents disname but finally decided i needed an account of my own. I love the CSR and can't wait to see the rest of this PTR.:goodvibes

:welcome: Aren't you sweet? Thank you for joining.

Joining in!

:welcome::welcome: Jennifer. Delighted to have you here.

:rotfl: This sounds like perfection.... I might leave out the slushies this time because I'll be with Max, but... oh, I think I might have one! :rolleyes:

Oh, Tina, I think you can do one...Mark can keep an eye on Max. :goodvibes

When and Where:

Dates: September 23 - October 5

Where: Numerous Spots

First dates -- September 23 and 24: Animal Kingdom Lodge

Well, as my friends and long time followers know, Mark and I have stayed at the CSR nine out of our last ten stays at Disney World. It just fits our lifestyle, our pocketbook and we just love everything about it.

HOWEVER, ever since the Animal Kingdom Lodge opened, I have been wanting to stay there. I could never justify the cost though 1) because I would HAVE to have a savannah view so that I could watch the giraffes, etc., and 2) we don't spend that much time at the resort for me to swallow that much money.

So a gal I work with informed me that she owned DVC and had several hundred points in a bank that she hadn't used and she would be more than happy to let Mark and I have some of those points. I told her we couldn't just "take" the points, but that we would pay for them. She kept on insisting she didn't want to charge us. Now, I've known her for years, but we aren't close friends, we are just work associates and we have lunch in the cafeteria from time to time. So we agreed to an amount (a lot less than we would get if we tried to go to the DVC board and tried to rent points) and she booked us two nights at the AKL in Jambo with a savannah view.

Hence, we are CHEATING on the CSR...for a bit.

The schedule is this:

Friday, September 23 -- take the 7 a.m. flight to Orlando (or Ft. Myers...depending on who has the cheapest air fare); check into here (pictures from internet):

animalkingdomlodge1.jpg

And spend a little time here while waiting for room to be ready if it isn't when we get there:

animalkingdomlodge3.jpg

Hopefully, get a room like this:

animalkingdomlodge4.jpg

And then sit on the balcony and be in heaven and see this:

animalkingdomlodge2.jpg

We are going to drive to CityWalk at Universal on this night and have dinner at Emeril's (or perhaps Emeril's Tchoup Chop).

Saturday, September 24 we plan on just hanging at the resort all day. We want to check out all of the animal lookouts, explore the lobby more closely and the african artwork, spend some time in the gift shop, more swimming in the pool. The plan is to have breakfast here:

DSC01037.jpg

I will be drinking plenty of this:

DSC01030.jpg

We will go to an early dinner at Earl of Sandwich and look around the stores at Downtown Disney.

Being that this is our very first stay at the AKL, if anyone has any suggestions for things to do at the resort, please let us know. We would be most grateful.

Up next, check in at the next resort

How cool that you got to rent points from your coworker!!! And a savannah room?? Too cool!

I like your idea of just soaking in the resort. Don't get me wrong...I love the parks...but on our next trip I plan to really take advantage of our resort.

Question about the drink at Boma...is it the same that they serve at Tusker? That is pretty yummy. :goodvibes

Love your first 2 days... very relaxing!!!!! I know at night outside near the fire pit they have a storyteller. That might be neat to see. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter