SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Question...

I have booked a Studio for my one night pre-cruise stay in August 2017. I picked SSR primarily because I plan to spend the day and evening at Disney Springs, so I love the closeness and ability to walk.

I know I read on the first page that they are going to go to preferred and standard categories in 2017, but there was nothing on the website indicating standard or preferred - I just booked "Deluxe Studio". I was planning to request Congress Park through Touring Plans since it is the closest to the Disney Springs path, but per the first page that will be "Preferred".

Does anyone know what they plan to do about bookings made prior to the split into Prefered and Standard? Will they be defaulted into Standard? Or just be either-or for those booked prior to the designation split?

Does that question make sense?

Thanks!

Your question does make sense! Are you not a DVC member? How did you book?

DVC points bookings for 2017 already require us to choose "Preferred" or "Standard".

Your question does make sense! Are you not a DVC member? How did you book?

DVC points bookings for 2017 already require us to choose "Preferred" or "Standard".

No. I had a one-night stay booked at another resort for the night before my cruise and SSR was an option when I went in to change it. I'll go look at my email and see what its wording is.

ETA: It just says "Deluxe Studio"

No. I had a one-night stay booked at another resort for the night before my cruise and SSR was an option when I went in to change it. I'll go look at my email and see what its wording is.

ETA: It just says "Deluxe Studio"

While the "points" booking categories are clear, I don't know that any of us yet know what to expect on a cash reservation. I would suggest requesting what you want and, hopefully, that is what you'll receive!

If there is a studio available at Congress Park for your night, I think you stand a very good chance of getting it since DVC reservations are rarely upgraded. :thumbsup2

I rented DVC points to book a 2 night stay in January for a deluxe studio - standard view. Ideally, I'd like to walk with my 7yr old son to Disney Springs (I love walking and he is a good walking buddy). Since we have a standard view, we won't be able to request Congress Park, but if I prefer a room in the Southern End of the Paddock, how would I have that request added to my reservation? This is my first time making requests on a reservation. Ideally, I'd like to be in the souther most building (rooms 6501 - 6836). I'd also prefer a higher floor. Can I make both requests?

I rented DVC points to book a 2 night stay in January for a deluxe studio - standard view. Ideally, I'd like to walk with my 7yr old son to Disney Springs (I love walking and he is a good walking buddy). Since we have a standard view, we won't be able to request Congress Park, but if I prefer a room in the Southern End of the Paddock, how would I have that request added to my reservation? This is my first time making requests on a reservation. Ideally, I'd like to be in the souther most building (rooms 6501 - 6836). I'd also prefer a higher floor. Can I make both requests?

Yes, you can make both requests, listing them in order of importance. What I would suggest is that you have the Owner call Member Services with your requests. The wording can be very specific (just as you stated above) and will be helpful for the room assigners. Then, should you do online check-in, do not make any requests on that form (the available requests on there are too generic anyway!). Any requests you make during online check-in would cancel out the requests already made.

Hello all!

I am at SSR now for my first visit to this resort. I own at BWV and VWL. Checking in here to see if I am missing something. This feels more like a moderate or value resort with nicer rooms. Also, what's up with the unthemed concrete hallways to get to your rooms? Ugh. Reminds me of Pop Century.

I am assigned to a 76xx room I believe in the carousel section. There is no food, pool, or even a beverage station to get my mugs refilled anywhere close! Except for OKW, every other resort has many amenities very close at hand. Here, I would have to drive or take a bus just to get to the boat to get to DTD or any other amenity is there a location I am missing? We just got back from a drive to the carriage house for a walk around to see what I could be missing and think I saw everything there is to see.

For those of you that love it here what am I missing? If I didn't have a rental car I would be miserable.

we stayed at Congress park which is a short walk to Disney Springs, we would just walk over there to get something to drink or listen to one of the live acts. Congress park also has the quiet pool which was nice. I don't think we would have enjoyed it as much if we were in the carousel section as like you say your not near anything.

Hello all!

I am at SSR now for my first visit to this resort. I own at BWV and VWL. Checking in here to see if I am missing something. This feels more like a moderate or value resort with nicer rooms. Also, what's up with the unthemed concrete hallways to get to your rooms? Ugh. Reminds me of Pop Century.

I am assigned to a 76xx room I believe in the carousel section. There is no food, pool, or even a beverage station to get my mugs refilled anywhere close! Except for OKW, every other resort has many amenities very close at hand. Here, I would have to drive or take a bus just to get to the boat to get to DTD or any other amenity is there a location I am missing? We just got back from a drive to the carriage house for a walk around to see what I could be missing and think I saw everything there is to see.

For those of you that love it here what am I missing? If I didn't have a rental car I would be miserable.
I don't necessarily love it....I actually prefer more Disney theming, however, I think it's a good resort. We stayed in the Springs section though and it is near everything. It's quiet and the grounds are beautiful. My parents like that you can park close to the elevators. We liked the pools, too.

Hello. This has probably been asked, but can you request any section if you trade in through RCI?
I know when you trade into BWV, you can only get Garden/Pool view. Just wondering since SSR now has Standard and Preferred for 2017.
Thanks.

So excited to be staying here again in just two months! We have had many wonderful trips to SSR and it's great to be heading back!

Greetings to all SSR lovers and owners,
I'm a DVC owner who just booked cash for a last minute princess half marathon weekend. This will first be my first SSR stay and I'm excited to try it out. My question is, as a newbie who will be catching a runDisney bus between 3:30-5:30 each morning what should I request? We always drive so I'm not familiar with bus routes and schedules. Thought I'd check with the experts first! Thanks for your help!

Hi all,

Looking at photos it looks like the delux studios have a bed and a sofa, rather than 2 beds? Is this right? If it is I would love it!! It will give us so much more space!

Hello all!

Unfortunately , you were put in that section, which some request because of it's quietness/ peaceful atmosphere.
The other 4 locations are completely different IMHO. Next time ( if there is a next time ) see if they have something else for ya.

This past trip We arrived late on Nov. 4th & they put us in the Paddock section bldg. closest to Carousel. I told them The only request that I had put in was to be close to Carriage House ( THATS IT ) I didn't care what section or bldg. We stayed in there 1 night & they were able to find a studio for us & a 1 br for my neighbors in the Grandstand ( which was very nice too.)

CP is probably the best location because of the views & proximity to DS & not too far from CH. The Paddock right across the bridge is very convenient too. Grandstand was good for it was the 1st bus stop, but there really wasn't anyone ( other than 3 or 4 people ) in the pool....I hate having a Private pool..lol Golf view rooms are sorta nice too, which you can get there.. Springs is so centrally located that everything is right there for ya.

SSR is our home resort & I was skeptical too about staying here for the 1st time, but was pleasantly surprised...True it is different from the other resorts, but that's kinda what I like about it.....And yes The UNTHEMED Hallways were kinda Bland & boring, which was a lil odd.

So excited to be staying here again in February! We have a 1 bedroom booked through RCI points. We were in a 2 bedroom cash reservation in October 2015 and had a great time! I requested the Grandstand section and it was very convenient. We were the first on the busses and the first off. This time we would like to stay in a different section, I'm thinking of requesting the Carousel section.
Can't wait to be back!

So excited to be staying here again in February! We have a 1 bedroom booked through RCI points. We were in a 2 bedroom cash reservation in October 2015 and had a great time! I requested the Grandstand section and it was very convenient. We were the first on the busses and the first off. This time we would like to stay in a different section, I'm thinking of requesting the Carousel section.
Can't wait to be back!

I can't think of anything at all special about Carousel. I really love the Paddock section though. The pool is awesome, and it's closer to Disney Springs than Carousel. It's also closer to the food court than Carousel.

Hello. This has probably been asked, but can you request any section if you trade in through RCI?
I know when you trade into BWV, you can only get Garden/Pool view. Just wondering since SSR now has Standard and Preferred for 2017.
Thanks.
Hey there! We trade in with RCI and always make requests. We like The Paddock though so am unsure if you wanted something in preferred. We call the resort directly with our request and also add a note when we do online check in.
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps

can you request any section if you trade in through RCI?
For the remaining few weeks of 2016, yes. For 2017 and beyond, no. Your exchange was pulled from either Standard or Preferred. If Standard, you can request Carousel, Paddock, or Grandstand. If Preferred you can request Springs or Congress Park. Call the 800 number on your confirmation to find out which section your exchange is drawn from.

We have a 1 bedroom booked through RCI points. We were in a 2 bedroom cash reservation in October 2015 and had a great time! I requested the Grandstand section and it was very convenient. We were the first on the busses and the first off. This time we would like to stay in a different section, I'm thinking of requesting the Carousel section.
See the comment above---depends on what section your exchange is drawn from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter