• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Squirrel! Update.

If you keep her Exotic Nutrition is a great site for pet squirrel supplies, they even have food, treats and tips. There is also a forum out there in easy Google reach for owners! Check how squirrels are classified in your area before you take them to an exotics vet.. Sadly some animals are classified as pests and are usually euthanized when brought in, which is terrible. Hope she does well! My rats are cheering you on!

If you keep her Exotic Nutrition is a great site for pet squirrel supplies, they even have food, treats and tips. There is also a forum out there in easy Google reach for owners! Check how squirrels are classified in your area before you take them to an exotics vet.. Sadly some animals are classified as pests and are usually euthanized when brought in, which is terrible. Hope she does well! My rats are cheering you on!
Thank you. I registered on The Squirrel Board. Believe it or not, user name "Squirlz" was available!

I don't know much about squirrels. One did get in my mom's house once. I was young, afraid and we had a hard time getting him out.

Last week, hubby and I went for our usual walk and one literally followed us about 3 1/2 blocks. We got to the point where we had to run across a busy street to lose him. Is this common?

Was he carrying a pamphlet about religion? If so, yes.

🤣

Thank you. I registered on The Squirrel Board. Believe it or not, user name "Squirlz" was available!
Those peeps there are super nice and will be a big help with any questions! Also please just ignore the people who feel the need to comment here calling perfectly normal animals vermin or... posting pictures of stew. Hopefully they'll realize in time just how rude that is. *Fistbumps in rodent solidarity*

Those peeps there are super nice and will be a big help with any questions! Also please just ignore the people who feel the need to comment here calling perfectly normal animals vermin or... posting pictures of stew. Hopefully they'll realize in time just how rude that is. *Fistbumps in rodent solidarity*
Oh I've been here a long time. Seen 'em come, seen 'em go.

Very cute, but sorry I absolutely hate squirrels. And they steal my tomatoes, but do they help water or pull weeds no. Look at the ones people feed in the park, Now they are attacking the people and just taking their food. They have no boundaries. A large rat with super climbing ability and no sense of boundaries. Who needs them??

Very cute, but sorry I absolutely hate squirrels. And they steal my tomatoes, but do they help water or pull weeds no. Look at the ones people feed in the park, Now they are attacking the people and just taking their food. They have no boundaries. A large rat with super climbing ability and no sense of boundaries. Who needs them??

Just because something is a nuisance of sorts to humans doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Nature decided they exist and fun fact squirrels are responsible for a lot of forest growth. They bury nuts and seeds and then lose track of their stash which then provides new growth. So to answer your question the earth needs them. Rats too. Bats, snakes, lizards, gophers, spiders. Humans need animals, not just the ones with good PR.

I live in a major city. We have city planners that decide where trees should go. Do you know where the squirrels suggest a tree should go.? Behind my garage. No one needs a tree behind my garage.
Look I feel bad when the humans took over the area and pushed all the wildlife out. But all the other animals got the message and moved on. They want to plant trees move upstate.
I really did when I was younger have a phobia of them. I have learned to live with it. They beheaded my sunflowers, and I said good for them and wrote a short story about it. But my tomatoes, I draw the line there..

Last edited:
I live in a major city. We have city planners that decide where trees should go. Do you know where the squirrels suggest a tree should go.? Behind my garage. No one needs a tree behind my garage.
Look I feel bad when the humans took over the area and pushed all the wildlife out. But all the other animals got the message and moved on. They want to plant trees move upstate.
I really did when I was younger have a phobia of them. I have learned to live with it. They beheaded my sunflowers, and I said good for them and wrote a short story about it. But my tomatoes, I draw the line there..

And that's all well and good except that when you go into a topic about a rescued squirrel this isn't about the struggle of tomato vs. predator, or the artful arrangement of trees. It's much like going into a topic about a rescued dog and someone posting about how they don't care for them and find them a nuisance. Or going to a daycare board and posting about how someone doesn't like children. There are honestly some animals I have a phobia of, but I recognize that they are still needed and quite frankly I don't go out of my way to take my viewpoint to those who love and appreciate those species. This is a beautiful little topic about a saved life that brightened my day (And I'm sure I'm not alone in that), but it would be a brighter happier topic if the message were kept positive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter