Spring Secret Sister Swap- CLOSED

I think I prefer the classic characters, especially Mickey and Tink.

Polling the family, we couldn't think of any particular favorite sit down restaurant. We like several. It depends on where we are and what we want to eat at the time. We have had numerous good meals at The Brown Derby though. We just really hate the wait time there.

I think we like all the character meals too.

VickiV

pretty in tink can't get on to post right now, so I'm posting for her and her DD

pretty in tink likes all of the Disney characters, but leans towards the classic ones, she also likes princesses and winnie the pooh, it depends on her mood

her favorite sit downs are character meals

pretty in tink's DD: likes all of the Disney characters and her favorite restaurant is Tony's-she said she had mickey ice cream with oreo ears, it was just me and her, and that is what I think she's talking about, but I might be wrong, maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong; she also likes character meals

:confused3 Was it ever decided what size envelope we are using for the first swap? If it's 41 cent, then I'm assuming that we are using a legal business envelope. I don't mind if we're using priority envelopes or similar size, I just don't want to feel like I'm not sending enough or make someone else feel bad because I'm sending too much. :confused3

VickiV

I'm using a smallish bubble envelope. I have everything bought to put in it and I am going to prepare it so when it gets to march first I can just drop it in the mail:thumbsup2

It doesn't appear that my SS has answered all of the questions yet. :( I'm sure it would be helpful to everyone if their SS could answer the questions when they have a moment as it will help all of us.

To reiterate previous questions:

1) Who is your favorite character and/or group of characters?

2) What is your favorite Disney restaurant?

And I have a new question for everyone:

3) What type of handmade gifts are you hoping to get from your SS in your third package?

Gee, I don't know! Truly, I'll be happy with anything but I know that I'm feeling kind of stumped about what to make my SS so I was hoping this question could help all of us.

Although, since I am asking everyone else, I guess it's only fair that I have to answer. Maybe a cute kitty or Disney paper bag album? I don't have one and mine are so plain. Or maybe an altered lunch pail to keep my cards in since I keep saying I should organize them by category instead of misplacing them. Really, anything is fine. I mainly just asked because I need help with an idea for my SS. Sneaky, aren't I? ;)

Good idea - I need ideas too;) For me, keeping in mind the distance and post costs, i'm happy with some page completion kits (blank topper, photo mats, tags etc.) which I can use on my pages as I need them. I LOVE those things, and I'd never bother to make them just for me as I need them so i rely on swpas:rotfl: But if my SS wants to make something more complicated that's fine too - I bet there's stuff out theree I have no idea that exists so i can't ask for it:lmao:

Me and my boys would be very happy with the color or Disney themed page kits. I wouldn't mind some handsewn towels, but I don't think the boys would be thrilled. Altered chipboard albums (tag/lift-a-flap/word/shaped) would be better than towels for them. I'd like that too if my SS doesn't sew. ;) Those acrylic albums look pretty cool too.

my ds and i would be happy with anything that someone made for us. i just hope we can make something that someone would love. i have been so thinking about this one.
just so i'm clear, we mail anything that will fit in an envelope and its .41 cents to mail it?

Mine will be a bit more- might as well make it worth posting all that way:lmao:

Mine will be a tad bit more for at least one envelope. But I think the other two are lightweight enough to not need too much more that $0.41.

Hmm...What handmade items? Well, I am trying to mickify my office, so anything altered - a big K (for my first name) with Mickey stuff or things like that would be great. I think that cards would also be cool. No worries, though.

For the first mailing, I'm using a bubble mailer...so it will cost more...

Answer to the made item... I'll love anything that someone on this board comes up with. I have been TOTALLY blown away by the creativity of the people here! So, anything my SS wants to share with me (along with directions if it's something I might want to reproduce) will be great! I love altered things, love handmade cards, love jewelry :-)rotfl: Ok, I mean HM jewelry....)

So, SS...surprise me, I'll love it!!

Since I've never done this exchange or any other exchanges until just recently I don't really know what I would like for my homemade present. I am fine with anything. I know that dosen't help my secret sister out much so here are a few little hints about me. I love mickey mouse, the color pink, and I like stuff I can decorate my room with as it is a little boring:) Anything will do though. I love to be surprised!

Okay...I have to admit that I'm getting a little overwhelmed here by all the homemade ideas people are coming up with here! I'm a newbie to the scrapbook world so I don't even know what some of these ideas are! For instance, I've never made cards and don't even know what a paper bag album is!

Hope I'm not too far out of my league here!:crazy:

Okay...I have to admit that I'm getting a little overwhelmed here by all the homemade ideas people are coming up with here! I'm a newbie to the scrapbook world so I don't even know what some of these ideas are! For instance, I've never made cards and don't even know what a paper bag album is!

Hope I'm not too far out of my league here!:crazy:

I don't know what those are either :confused3 So don't feel bad:goodvibes Maybe someone can enlighten us:)

Here is the album I made for the Paper Bag Swap, Pooh Edition

click to start slideshow

For a homemade item, I don't know. I guess whatever my SS is good at! :lmao: Probably stuff I can use for my WDW and Disney Cruise albums since those are always never ending. Or maybe even something cute for the new baby's album. Really, though, anything is fine with me! :goodvibes

For DD, she would love kits -- Disney or otherwise. She's so jealous of all my swap stuff and how easy it will make doing pages. She's still learning some stuff and we don't have a Cricut or anything so another option would be like Disney titles or titles for her other activities and/or paper piecings.

srory don't have time to answer shauna's question now but here is a suggestion and a new question. For those tht don't know the other stuff mentioned how about making you SS a homemade autograph book..... leading to the questiopn how collects autographs??

yes we collect autographs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter