Spring into a New Beginning- APRIL 2017 WISH Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

I can so relate (even though I am sure being 5 hours south of me makes it even worse!) Are you still liking Orange Theory? I might get around to trying it this summer when there are no races on the schedule.

Yes! Well ok liking is a strong word. But I looooove what a tough and complete workout I'm getting. And that hour goes quick! While riding back to the hotel tonight I was hanging onto a rail in the bus. I was flexing and tried to swing my arm fat and that stuff is hardly there anymore!!! That is nothing short of a miracle :rotfl2: All because of OT!

Just like Walt's work delivering newspapers, sometimes our healthy lifestyles can be hard. Instead of Walt letting it get him down he found ways to have fun. What do you find to be the hardest part of a healthy lifestyle and how do you have fun?

Like others have mentioned, working out is the hardest part. I guess I'm making it fun by looking the fool and mouthing and singing along to music while working out. Also I come up with something to think about and focus on while I'm working out so as to take my mind off of what I'm doing!

Bonus question: What was your first job?

First was babysitting. But first "real" job was at our local county club. I was the poolside server and got so tan and thin that summer from walking so much out in the sun all day! Haha!

And the cheapest foods are not the healthiest.
I feel your frustration and find it so ridiculous, they really need to make healthier foods more affordable for everyone.

I"ll just in again. I'm Becky from central Illinois and have been on and off these threads for a little over a year now. I've been having a rough year getting into the swing of things for some reason. I did well the first half of last month, but then really fell off at the end. I have nothing to do but try again, so here I am.
We are happy your back and I hope this month goes smoother for you :)

I was the poolside server and got so tan and thin that summer from walking so much out in the sun all day! Haha!
That sounds like a dream job :beach: (well maybe not the serving other people part LOL)

Yes! Well ok liking is a strong word. But I looooove what a tough and complete workout I'm getting. And that hour goes quick! While riding back to the hotel tonight I was hanging onto a rail in the bus. I was flexing and tried to swing my arm fat and that stuff is hardly there anymore!!! That is nothing short of a miracle :rotfl2: All because of OT!
That sounds like a major WOOHOO!!!

The Crown is a great show. I am learning stuff too. I had to look up some stuff just because I was curious.
I really need to start watching it, I love history and I heard it is pretty accurate.

WOOHOO WEDNESDAY!!!
giphy (2).gif

Let's all join Donald in a woohoo dance this Wednesday. It can be anything big or small, today we are Woohooing it all!

Woohoo it's Wednesday! It was a week ago today that I started my Whole14 program, so today is the start of day 8. It's going well, I'm feeling much better, the scale is moving in the right direction and I'm able to get back in to some clothing I had "outgrown", and I'm actually saving quite a bit of money by skipping Starbucks's in the morning (about -$35 per week) and by bringing my lunch instead of eating out (at least twice a week there was a $30 lunch). I'm starting to think about how to manage eating after I've reached the 14 days, as this is obviously good for me but really isn't sustainable.

Vacation is now officially 14 days away and I'm getting excited. Really excited. Really, really excited. We booked mid-week travel days to get the best airfare, so I'll actually be off for a week and a half, which is going to be really nice. Started showing a gal in the office what I do yesterday, so I have backup while I'm gone. Made a pre-vacation hair appointment yesterday, including getting the highlights touched up which will be quite nice. When I was just there the gal that did it really didn't cut it, just shaped up the back and bangs, so I do need a cut even though so little time has passed.

We had a couple days of nice weather, I think I heard the weather man say we actually broke the 60 degree barrier yesterday, for the first time since like last August. But today it is wet and cold again and should stay this way for the next week, so here we are back in winter again.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthful Wednesday!

I will have to think about my woohoo. Today feels like just a normal day. Nothing good but nothing bad. We have had some sun lately but it has been scattered. We have had a ton of rain and Friday, for my sons birthday, we will have snow. He is so excited about that. Me, well not so much.

I think I heard the weather man say we actually broke the 60 degree barrier yesterday, for the first time since like last August.
That just sounds crazy to me, I think we are the opposite we have barely had any days under 60 this past year.

It's going well, I'm feeling much better, the scale is moving in the right direction and I'm able to get back in to some clothing I had "outgrown", and I'm actually saving quite a bit of money
These are all amazing Woohoos!!! :jumping1:

Scale says 169lbs today!
So I've reached my goal for my WDW trip on Friday.
I'm sure that has to be an amazing feeling!! :banana:

we will have snow
Seriously what is up with all the late snow?!

Nothing good but nothing bad.
Nothing bad is still a pretty good woohoo ::yes::

My WooHoo is the we are going to visit middle DD at her university in Mississippi and we visited oldest DD last weekend in Missouri. Both are doing well and it's so great to see them on occasion!
:woohoo: for traveling and getting to see your kids! I hope you guys have a great time.

My woohoo for the day is my bag came that I ordered months ago. It was custom made with my bibs from my races and it turned out great. :goodvibes Here is a picture
IMG_5806.jpg

Hello everyone! I missed you, but the last two days have been so busy!! Of course my eating was not nearly as good as it should have been. BUT it was not totally crazy. I had two dinners that were over what I should have eaten. But I did not buy any crazy snacks like chocolate or cookies while I was away. I feel like while it was not perfect, it was at least ok. And sometimes ok is really enough. And seeing my friends was wonderful as always! And the course was really productive, too. So, I am happy all around. Now we are starting a weekend of birthday celebrations for my father's 75th. More difficult eating events and no time for running. Arg! But I will try my best to get through it!

@MommaoffherRocker that's a fantastic bag!! But don't you have to stop racing now - what are you going to do with future bibs??? :rotfl:

Walt was never one to follow the crowd. When he was in school he would often daydream and draw instead of doing his assignments. But he was no slacker he loved to read. Some of his favorite authors were Mark Twain, Robert Louis Stevenson, Sir Walter Scott and Charles Dickens. Around this same time Walt's love of the entertainment world started to develop. He had made friends with a boy named Walter. Walter's family introduced Walt to motion pictures. But Walt knew his father would not approve, so when he went to the movies he would hide it from Elias.

When Walt hurt his foot delivery newspapers and was forced to take two weeks off, he decided that he wanted to be a cartoonist. He had drawn caricatures for a barber who gave him free hair cuts in return and his school mates were amused by them as well. The family moved again in 1917, this time back to Chicago, where he entered high school. The high school newspaper was so impressed with Walt's abilities that he became a cartoonist his freshman year.

Here is one of Walt's first cartoons from around 1918, it was in a scrapbook that went up for auction in 2015​

15-1103-Disney-drawing-500x375.jpg

Walt followed his own dreams even when those around him didn't approve or didn't understand. This is probably what made him so successful later in life. If we want to have success with a healthy lifestyle sometimes we have to stand up to people that don't agree with our choices. This could be the coworker that persuades you to have a piece of cake or your kids wanting to stop for fast food. When these situations arise how do you deal with it? Are you still learning to stand up for what is best for you?

Bonus: What did you want to be when you grew up?

I'm still learning to stand up to myself about what's best for me. Everyone in my life is supportive which is actually weird and has never happened before. However, I self sabotage and am learning not to. A great example of making a good choice instead of a bad one was yesterday. My daughter has the world's biggest bag of pirate booty and I love that stuff too. Normally I'd just place the bag between us and we'd snack half way through the bag. Yesterday she got a bowl of it and I put it back in the pantry. I think that's a step in the right direction.
And as a bonus, when I grew up I wanted to be a veterinarian. Then in high school I developed a fear of birds so that changed to being a choir teacher. And then I went to school for baking and I work as a medical biller. So quite honestly I don't have a clue what I want to be when/if I grow up lol

QOTD: The person I regularly have to stand up to is - me. And I rarely do it, I usually give in and do the bad thing, so yes I'm still learning.

Still on program but yesterday wasn't a very good eating day in terms of balance and nutrition. I got a can of nuts in the morning and ate on them all day, and felt kind of crappy for it. Then all I had for dinner was some rice because I was out of protein and didn't feel like running up to the store. I'm going to do things differently today and actually go out to lunch: Cheesecake Factory has salmon and veggies on their Skinnylious menu that will be OK.

Now for more complaining about the weather... on the walk from the bus to the office my feet got soaked and my pants got wet all the way up to my knees, because yes, we're having more rain and this morning there was the added bonus of wind. At least it isn't snow, as some are still dealing with. I checked the 10 day weather forecast for Dallas, which doesn't quite reach out to when we'll be there yet but is getting close, and they are consistently having temps in the high 70's low 80's. Hip hip hurrah! I feel warmer just thinking about it.

Yesterday I did more planning for my crafting retreat trip. My Sister had let me know that she is going to go down to the beach the weekend before I go to the retreat, to sprinkle some of my SIL's ashes. She asked if I would go, so I needed to see how that would fit in. Airfare is going to be over $600, so it's looking like I'll be flying out the night before on the red eye and won't have extra days to explore as I had thought. I have mixed feelings about this plan, but I also want to go up to Victoria BC in the summer and then will have the WDW trip in the fall, and now another weekend at the beach as well, so need to spread recreation dollars out.

Bonus Question: When I was a wee lass I thought I was going to be a fashion designer. When I was about seven or eight I drew a bunch of pictures of my designs and sent them to McCall's. Surprisingly whoever received them took the time to write back to say that they didn't accept designs from independent designers, but thanks for thinking of them... pretty awesome. The only design I remember was of a clear bubble style umbrella with a clear sheet of plastic that snapped on so that you were literally walking around in your own personal tent... which might have kept me dry on the walk in this morning.

Last edited:
I don't like having to make healthy choices when everyone gets to eat what they want or having to go out for a run when everyone else gets to sit around. My parents are a good example, they want me to be healthy but when we are visiting they always want to eat out or not wait around for me to run. I don't let them affect my runs but it is harder when we go out to eat. I have this mindset that eating out = special occasion = eating whatever I want. It has been really hard to break that. I think the key to me being healthy is that I don't always need a treat, the treat will be a healthier and happier me :)

Bonus: I wanted to be a lawyer for as far back as I can remember. I use to sit at the little desk in my room and "write" on legal pads. Never in a million years did SAHM cross my mind. Funny how life works out.

If we want to have success with a healthy lifestyle sometimes we have to stand up to people that don't agree with our choices. This could be the coworker that persuades you to have a piece of cake or your kids wanting to stop for fast food. When these situations arise how do you deal with it? Are you still learning to stand up for what is best for you?

I'm learning to stand up to those who don't agree with my choices as well. It's a struggle for sure, I'll be curious to responses where be can successfully do it! This weekend was a good example for me. Fam wanted Dairy Queen for dessert. I fit in a small vanilla cone into my macros and was asked why I didn't get a better dessert. It was sweet and delicious and a good amount of ice cream. Sure, would I have rather had the Reese's Extreme Blizzard that they keep showing commercials for? Of course. But I have goals that, for the time being, are a bit more restrictive.

Another example is this Saturday my BFF is coming over and we're going to be crafting and preparing for a wedding shower. She wants to drink but I'm going to decline because even though I enjoy drinking, I enjoy eating more and I am determined to stay on track for a weekend. It's not always easy but it's worth it.

Bonus: I have had many desired careers. I really wanted to be an editor at a publishing firm. But I didn't want to move away from KC so that is a dream that won't be fulfilled. Family is more important to me. Now I just want to be a boss :rolleyes: I like bossing people around haha. My current career track is very promising. I will likely be with my current company for a long long time.

I think I do pretty good. I will eat a piece of cake but just a small piece. I try to keep no healthy food to a manageable amount . If I cut it out I would not be happy and then it will start to get out of hand. I do have a problem telling my self to only eat a few tagalongs though. I finished the last box between last night and this morning. I still have work to do with standing up to myself.

Growing up all I can remember is I wanted to get married and have kids. I also wanted to stay home with the kids. I remember looking at the JC Penny's book at the wedding dresses back in the day. I had one picked out that had ruffles all down the dress. When I was in high school I decided I wanted to be a nurse. Then decided on a labor and delivery nurse. I was young and stupid in college and decided the math and science were too hard and switched my major after a year. They were not too hard. I was just lazy. I still want to be a nurse but I love my job now and am fine staying where I am at. Plus I don't want to work the night shifts and holidays.

I did get my dream of being married and having kids but staying home just was not in the works. We did not make enough when they were younger for me to stay home. I can now but I don't want to give up the extra stuff we get to do and have like my Disney vacations.

If we want to have success with a healthy lifestyle sometimes we have to stand up to people that don't agree with our choices.

Similar to a lot of others on this board, I only have to stand up to myself. I can't remember anyone ever giving me a hard time about making healthy choices. I do make a lot of poor choices, especially when I'm hungry right after work and it's so easy to grab the junk food instead of making something healthy. I'm trying to do better but the same time I'm realistic in that I'm not going to stop eating sweets or icecream completely but just limiting it as much as I can. @dsnyfn1022 I've also tried to move towards getting the small cone instead of the blizzard and usually I'm good with that but I did break down and try the Reeses Extreme and wasn't impressed. I wished I had the cone instead.

I always wanted to be a police detective since I was a little kid and would even make ID badges. When I first went to college I was working on a criminal justice degree but I dropped out of college and spent 8 years in the Navy instead. When I got out I decided I needed a degree that I could always get a job with so I ended up being a CPA (accountant). I'm addicted to The First 48 tv show so I'm guessing I've never gotten over not going that route but I have a really great job so I can't complain.

My daughter has the world's biggest bag of pirate booty and I love that stuff too. Normally I'd just place the bag between us and we'd snack half way through the bag. Yesterday she got a bowl of it and I put it back in the pantry. I think that's a step in the right direction.
This is definitely heading in the right direction :)

When I was about seven or eight I drew a bunch of pictures of my designs and sent them to McCall's. Surprisingly whoever received them took the time to write back to say that they didn't accept designs from independent designers, but thanks for thinking of them... pretty awesome.
That's is really awesome, I love companies that take time to write back to their customers!

Reese's Extreme Blizzard
I'm going to pretend I didn't read this! It sounds amazing!

But I have goals that, for the time being, are a bit more restrictive.
but I'm going to decline because even though I enjoy drinking
Good for you for sticking to your plan!! I really need to learn from your example.

I will eat a piece of cake but just a small piece.
I'm realistic in that I'm not going to stop eating sweets or icecream completely but just limiting it as much as I can.

This is a good way to deal with it, not denying yourself but keeping it small. As @iivye put it that is probably more realistic than I am never eating cake etc again.

I did break down and try the Reeses Extreme and wasn't impressed.
Ok This makes it easier to pretend like I didn't see Reese Extreme Blizzard :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter