Spectacular Star Wars September Exercise Challenge

115 for me today 30 minute run, followed by a 60 minute spin/sculpt class, and a 25 minute core class. I am exhausted, but the scale isn't cooperating this month. Plus tomorrow I have appointments that will keep me from being as active as I'd like.

By my math, 1045/1200!

The team is Han Solo Purple! A big shout-out to DVCFan1994, whose minutes moved us into 50%! Kudos also to everyone else who reported last night and today to move the team forward! :cheer2::cheer2:

Congratulations also to 2manypets, our first Darth Vader Red :darth: member!

Seven people have had a part in portraying Darth Vader in the various movies: In the original series, voice by James Earl Jones, body by David Prowse, face (in Return of the Jedi) by Sebastian Shaw, and lightsaber duel by Bob Anderson. In Episode I, Jake Lloyd, and in Episodes II and III, Hayden Christensen. And C. Andrew Nelson helped out with extra scenes for the re-release of the original trilogy.

David Prowse thought he would be doing the voice as well as the presence of Vader, but George Lucas didn't like the sound of his accent and hired James Earl Jones (after considering Orson Welles). Since they weren't using his voice, for Empire and Return of the Jedi Prowse started saying whatever he felt like, instead of the written script. But the voice-overs helped keep the secret of Luke's parentage. Lucas had Prowse say "Obi-Wan killed your father" instead of the actual line, "No, I am your father," so most of the people on set had no idea of the real story.

20 minute run this morning was all I could muster before I had to go be a human in the real world. 340/800

Darn that real world!

115 for me today 30 minute run, followed by a 60 minute spin/sculpt class, and a 25 minute core class. I am exhausted, but the scale isn't cooperating this month. Plus tomorrow I have appointments that will keep me from being as active as I'd like.

By my math, 1045/1200!

Darn that scale!

Still very sick here so no more minutes to add. Hoping the antibiotics I got after seeing a doctor today will start working very soon!

Darn that sickness! :sick: Go antibiotics!pixiedust:

All I wanted to do tonight was sit on my butt, but I took one for the team :). 20 minutes of ab/thigh exercises right into 25 minutes of yoga.

Way to go!:cheer2::cheer2:

I'm baaaack :wave2:and I'm going to avoid the scale for the next week or so because there was a lot of popcorn:: and :drinking1

55 minutes of a short hiit cardio workout and a cardio/core blend brings my total to 335/900

Welcome back. Sounds like a great trip.

Today's Star Wars/Disney tidbit comes from San Francisco. If you're in the City by the Bay, drop by the Presidio (part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area). It's the site of the Walt Disney Family Museum, as well as Lucasfilm HQ. Outside of Lucasfilm, there is a fountain featuring :yoda:.

This makes me kinda sad that I didn't make it to the Presidio on my San Fran trip a few years ago.
(I mean, I was already sad about missing the museum, but it would have been cool to see the fountain).
I guess I'll just have to go back!

Still very sick here so no more minutes to add. Hoping the antibiotics I got after seeing a doctor today will start working very soon!

Aw, feel better soon! I hope the antibiotics are helping.

No exercise to report here - between the high holidays and my knee bothering me, I haven't really done much. I'm hoping to get a little exercise in tomorrow and hopefully I'll make it to the doctor within the next few days to see if she can figure out what's wrong with my knee.

Congrats to the team for turning Han Solo Purple! :yay:

Hope that everyone feeling under the weather is feeling better soon! :flower3:

60 minutes with running group and 20 minutes for boot camp routine brings me to 608/1000

Thanks for keeping track of us and for all the cool Star Wars info, @sophy1996! :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter