Space Mountain WDW Has Been Improved Lately

Grim Grinning Ghostie

Keats Acolyte
Has anyone else noticed that Space Mountain WDW has been operating at peak performance the past week or so?

All the lighting and sound effects have worked (noise on the helix, stars, galaxies, comets), and the music has actually been audible, bordering on loud.

It's incredible - it feels just like it used to! I don't think it went down a single time today, as well.

Has anyone else noticed this, or have we just been lucky? It seems vastly improved even from just a month ago.

This is exciting for me, as we're almost there. I've never experienced it outside a party. I almost don't want to. It's so chaotic with the red/green and screaming Christmas music.

The track and ride vehicles haven't improved, I'll tell you that! I rode it yesterday for the first time in a decade probably and it was SUPER ROUGH and PAINFUL...not just for me but for my friend as well who had a headache the rest of the day.

I was there last week. it broke down multiple times. i was on the peoplemover one of the times and they had all the lights on in space mountain and we saw people being evacuated from the vehicles while we were on the peoplemover.
I can say it was one of the best people mover rides I have ever been on as i got to see the space mt track with the lights on!
can't say that those folks being evacuated shared my excitement ;-)

I was there last week. it broke down multiple times. i was on the peoplemover one of the times and they had all the lights on in space mountain and we saw people being evacuated from the vehicles while we were on the peoplemover.
I can say it was one of the best people mover rides I have ever been on as i got to see the space mt track with the lights on!

I actually rode Space Mountain with the lights on several years ago....very unique experience!

Guess we hit it during a good period! I saw the video recently as well with people being evacuated...it was just another reminder to never have your hands up during that ride. 😃

The track and ride vehicles haven't improved, I'll tell you that! I rode it yesterday for the first time in a decade probably and it was SUPER ROUGH and PAINFUL...not just for me but for my friend as well who had a headache the rest of the day.
Yeah, I'm 5'4" and 112lb and even I have trouble getting in and out of those carts. Not sure how most people manage that on TOP of all the jerking and jostling on the ride itself.

Guess we hit it during a good period! I saw the video recently as well with people being evacuated...it was just another reminder to never have your hands up during that ride. 😃

Why not? Even though it seems like you could hit your hands, you can't. They do a check to make sure of that on all roller coasters.

I agree. I always say I’m never riding again. My nephew likes it so I usually ride it once per trip. I hate how jerky it is. I actually found this time that if you close your eyes and relax your body it kind of just goes with it and isn’t as painful lol. I’ll try that again next time too.

I agree. I always say I’m never riding again. My nephew likes it so I usually ride it once per trip. I hate how jerky it is. I actually found this time that if you close your eyes and relax your body it kind of just goes with it and isn’t as painful lol. I’ll try that again next time too.
That's what I do on RNRC which I find more jarring than SM. I also tuck my head into a corner of the headrest on RNRC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter