Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom - game or scavenger hunt?

Do you still need to play a window before getting more cards? And is that true if you go back a year later? (We ran out of time and didn’t play on our second day. )

For the most part yes. If you have children playing they will make exceptions though. For example, DD9 did her game but DD7's game was in an area of the park that we didn't get to. We only asked for DD9's cards but the CM said there was no way she was giving cards to one of them but not the other. DS5's game was in Fantasy land one night and we didn't realize that all portals are blocked off for HEA so he couldn't open a portal but they gave him cards anyway.

We played a little when we went 5 years ago, and made sure all 4 of us picked up a pack of cards each day we were in MK and DH and I gave our cards to the kids so they each played a game and we followed along. I don't think we finished any games since we were more intent on getting in all the rides and attractions. I am going next month (without the kids - the horror!) when my husband is at a convention at the Swan and thought I would see how many of the cards I can round up and play! I can use the old cards, correct? I'm interested in starting on medium this time.

If you don't have the original key card you started with or the magic band you used to start the game you will need to go by firehouse to get the game switched to band you are using (may have to start over?) for SotMK game.

For the pirate scavenger hunt/game it is confined to adventureland, and after you collect and complete 2 or 3 maps you may receive a FP for PotC for each member of your party that played the game.

Both games are fun for adults as well!:rolleyes1

I found one of the key cards (and our last trip was pre-magic bands), but not a map - still have DD's things to look through though. That would be fun if I could finish one of their games then start a new :)

Just dont bother playing on a crowded day. After waiting forever at the firehouse to get started, we were dismayed to find a line of 5-10 players before us at every portal. Definitely takes the magic out of it to watch the same scene over and over while standing in the heat before it is finally your turn to play. My kids gave up midway through the first level.

Just dont bother playing on a crowded day. After waiting forever at the firehouse to get started, we were dismayed to find a line of 5-10 players before us at every portal. Definitely takes the magic out of it to watch the same scene over and over while standing in the heat before it is finally your turn to play. My kids gave up midway through the first level.
This is always our experience also. My daughter wants to play so badly she’ll wait around forever for it. I’m not so patient. I give her one “segment” (morning or evening on one of our two MK days) to play this game. It’s all the waiting on this game that I can tolerate, lol.

The CM working the firehouse this year told us that you have to use the exact same MB each trip or you have to start over. Anyone know if that's true? Given that MBs are clones each year that doesn't seem right. It seems like you should only have to use the MB from the same person. Anyone know if that's true? I think the kids have done the same Cruella DeVille segment on Main Street 4 or 5 times so I really don't want too have them keep staring over.

We played over Christmas week and loved it. On Christmas morning a CM handed my kids 50 packs of cards! They were so excited! We never found it very crowded, but did encounter some times when it just didn't work.

The CM working the firehouse this year told us that you have to use the exact same MB each trip or you have to start over. Anyone know if that's true? Given that MBs are clones each year that doesn't seem right. It seems like you should only have to use the MB from the same person. Anyone know if that's true? I think the kids have done the same Cruella DeVille segment on Main Street 4 or 5 times so I really don't want too have them keep staring over.
I think it is true. I keep trying to understand it because in terms of anything else, MBs can be used interchangeably. I finally bought DD a MB with Disney villains to wear when she wants to play the game. That way it’s easy to remember which one is her key! Still, it’s a nuisance if she forgets to wear that one and then decides she wants to play. The first time she had to start over she was sad. It’s happened so frequently, though, that now she doesn’t seem to care as much.

DS was addicted last time we played 5 years ago. We have the book with all his cards and his key. Do those still work or does he have to use a MB? He’s 15 now so I suspect he will only do a few portals for nostalgia sake.

Also, if cards still work, can he take a picture of his favorites to use on smart phone instead of bringing the actual cards?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter