Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom - game or scavenger hunt?

obisbondgirl

Mouseketeer
i just watched Tim Tracker's video where they played Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom.

It looks very neat! I think my favourite part was how the screens "appeared" in the windows like magic! Also the Country Bear helping them was pretty amazing lol.

I guess I am just wondering is it really a "game" though like can you lose? Is there chance or strategy involved? Or you just show any card?

Just seemed similar to the Pirates scavenger hunt that Tim Tracker also did. The effects are different obviously but in both cases you are trying to find the various places on the map... Pirates one was more physical effects but Sorcerer's was screens with videos.

I dunno just seemed like I was missing something about Sorcerer's, there must be more to it? If I wasn't going in July I would love to try it & the Pirates one. It's going to be too hot for that much walking I think.

Isn't a scavenger hunt a game?

Aha yes that's true. I spent a lot of time trying to phrase my question & probably failed anyway lol.

I guess I knew there are cards involved so that made me think of a card game, where there are typically rules & strategies etc. Where as in the video it didn't seem so much like a card game as a scavenger hunt with collectible cards.

Seemed like maybe I was over-simplifying it, why not ask the experts aha.

If it still plays like it first did, the first level doesn’t care which card you show. If you complete that one, then the cards matter more. It’s been a while since I did it.

Scorcerors is a game not a scavenger hunt. Although the first time you do it you do have to find the portals.

The game has different levels so the easiest one, yes, you just show whatever card and you will beat the villain. The harder levels will require strategy in picking the card.

Pirates is more of a map and scavenger hunt.

Scorcerors is a game not a scavenger hunt. Although the first time you do it you do have to find the portals.

The game has different levels so the easiest one, yes, you just show whatever card and you will beat the villain. The harder levels will require strategy in picking the card.

Pirates is more of a map and scavenger hunt.

Good answer. Also, you can combine cards for interesting combo effects, just try things out to see what happens.

As far as I know, you cannot lose on the first level, but if you complete the first level and move on to the more advanced rounds, your card selection is important and using more than one at a time can help. There are also power-up cards and even a t-shirt (which I do not know if it is still available) that boosts your power. There are some hard core players out there. For me, I just like collecting the cards.

The first level where you can't lose is designed for young kids. Just ask to start on medium difficulty and you won't have to deal with that and it requires a little bit of strategy to beat but is not too difficult if you don't have many powerful cards yet.

Ok, so im finally asking what this is all about? How do you get cards etc? Tell me more I'm intrigued :listen:

Ok, so im finally asking what this is all about? How do you get cards etc? Tell me more I'm intrigued :listen:
Stop by the firehouse just to the left when you enter MK, and everyone in your group will get a free pack of Sorcerers cards and a map, and they'll let you know which portal you need to find first. It's a ton of fun, and totally free!

We played this in 2015 and my two (adult) children loved it. We're back this year (from the UK) and they are bringing all their cards and hoping to get their partners involved too.

My son loves this. It does matter which cards you use. He wins and loses some times. I can't tell you more about it.

You can only get certain power cards (they have lightning strikes on them) for purchase in the MK souvenir shops. When you buy a pack, you get a bunch of ordinary cards, and I believe one or two power cards.

What’s the best time of day to stop by the firehouse? Every time we go there’s a substantial wait. Could be the (very busy) times of year we go. I’m just curious if there’s ever a good time to stop by or if we’ll likely always encounter a wait.

Do you still need to play a window before getting more cards? And is that true if you go back a year later? (We ran out of time and didn’t play on our second day. )

Do you still need to play a window before getting more cards? And is that true if you go back a year later? (We ran out of time and didn’t play on our second day. )
I should say I know you can only get cards once a day. Right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter