Something About Nothing............ #14

Merry Christmas everyone!

Christmas Eve was spent at Discovery Cove. Absolutely love it there! Kids are waterbugs so they love the warm pools!
DC Christmas Family.jpg

Today Santa dropped some small items for the kids off at our timeshare. Santa knows we travel so he drops off the larger gifts in NY the weekend before we travel. Then we went to SeaWorld...weather was not great, but I think it helped with the crowds a bit. Chris, who is 10, is finally 54" tall and can do the coasters! Chris likes roller coasters, but can be a bit of a chicken until he knows he likes it, especially if it goes upside down. He has been able to ride Icebreaker since it opened and likes that one, but we wanted him to do Pipeline since there was virtually no line. He was whimpering up until the time we started moving and when he got off, the smile on his face was priceless! He said, wow, that was fun! I was so proud of him! I was going to do Mako with him, but the rain was coming down pretty good at that point and the younger ones were getting cranky.

All in all, a great Christmas with a late lunch at Denny's lol!

Lynne - love the photos of NYC @ Xmas! I have not braved that with the kids, we stick to driving around Long Island and looking at the decorations! Guess most will be down by the time we get back from FL.

Enjoy the remainder of your evenings everyone!

Happy day after Christmas. Hope everyone had a good day. We spend most of the day with our friends and a good friend of theirs and her 5 children. Her mother came too. It was quite crowded, but we made it work.
Today dh and I did a little shopping. Nothing major. We got new calendars for next year and new phone cases. I also picked up a couple of Hallmark ornaments.
Tomorrow I go back to work. Bleah.

Admittedly, a bit like a 9th grade Home Economics product, need to watch a few more baking competitions on tv
I think it looks great. Much better than I could do. I once got a crazy idea that instead of frosting I would try something I read about somewhere, and use chocolate pudding, cherry pie filling, and cool whip. The cake split and the toppings went everywhere. It was quite a sight.

The overachiever neighbors and us left our lights on overnight. Should be visible from Mars
Once the outside lights go up we don’t turn them off until they are ready to come down. We only have a few out this year. I told dh we need to step up our game next year.

Merry Christmas and I hope everyone had an awesome day.
Hi Bobbie. Good to see you.

Christmas Eve was spent at Discovery Cove.
What a fun thing to do before Christmas.

I am dozing off while I type this. I think I will take a quick nap.

Happy Boxing Day!

IMG_4351.jpeg

Lazy day, 60 degrees but drizzly. packed up family with lots of food & all their presents last night, still a ton here. Did a mercy run to jr’s house at 8:30 pm as he was starving after working that 12 hour shift.

He got me an “instapot duo crisp”, box weighs a ton, says 11 functions, including air fryer, pressure cooker and sous vide. I need to read the cookbook I also received for inspiration. Figure a bit of a learning curve there. If anyone has any pressure cooker recipes for basic beef roast or chicken, be sure to share lol.

finally have the time to “play” with our presents. Cooker still in the box lol. I set up a candle warmer light. Seems to be working very well with the remnants of an older yankee candle jar. Yep, admitted big kids. The mr seems to be lovin on his switch, middle DS cracking us up with the meta quest thing (VR stuff, gives me a mild headache, probably bit of motion sickness?).

Tonight, leftovers day #1 & dr who xmas special, look forward to it each year as bit of a tradition. Tomorrow won’t be much different here. Plan on staying home & out of stores until it’s time to pickup provisions for NYE & NY day gatherings.

Very nice hearing everyone’s holiday activities.

Kfish’s kiddos have grown! Nice looking (wet) family :)

Merry Christmas and I hope everyone had an awesome day. Brian and I had dinner out today. First time for me on Christmas enjoyed it very much!!
Nice & no dishes to wash, woot!
I also picked up a couple of Hallmark ornaments.
What ones did you get? It seemed like they had an off year to me. Didn’t see one I wanted for myself. Same with what disney, U & SW parks had on hand. Just as well, so many on the trees already. For xmas presents did get jr the annual pokemon ornament (Snorlax), along with a pikachu and gangar. Middle son got a grogu
It was quite a sight.
Lol, oh, I’ve been there. I appreciate the cooking show competitions, especially the ones with the tweens producing such professional looking creations.

Good evening!

Went to the shops early this morning with my sis (got up at 5:30) to see what after-Xmas sales were around. Did ok...mainly some candy that I like, some Christmas lights, gifts bags, and some gifts for next season to have as spares.

Then went to Aquatica. Weather started out a bit grey, but then had peaks of sun and was pretty warm. Kids had a great time...Charlie and Hope were finally tall enough to ride some of the bigger water rides, so they were excited.

Well its late and the kiddies are asleep...

Have a nice night all!

Ah the day of the week, who do I see?

IMG_2950.jpeg

Yay, camel here to say, time to get those calendars for 2024. And to say, hehe, next year he’ll be saying Happy New Year 2025. But every mid week day, is that reminder, that get over this hump of a day feeling, and then Friday is only a day away. Sigh and then that first week of the new year, that in office most of the week starts. Oh well. At least a four day start next week. Yay for that holiday Monday.

A woot for Kfish having water park holiday fun. When the weather is not as warm, that Roa Rapids is so nice and warm water. Have a great time today.

Ah so happy a lazy week. Today, a shopping trip in the mountains, as kids want to go there. And lunch at a place like Wawa, but the only one close to us, is in the mountains. And so, I like where we live. The mountains are only around an hour and a half away drive, up the highway, where we pass lots of other places to shop and eat. Have a pick up at a store on that highway, so we will go there before we return. And about a half hour ride from where will be, is one of my niece’s place. We may give her a call to see where she is, as may drop in to say hello. Normally in the winter we don’t go into the mountains, other to ski and snow shoe, but today, even though a rainy one, is going into the 50’s the high degree, and no snow to show. So roads will be fine to be in the mountains today.

Hope all will be having a most Wonderful Wednesday.

Then went to Aquatica
we usually do the disney WP as family prefers, so busy tho. We enjoy Aquatica, especially first few hours they open as usually slow. Added it onto our sea world APs/military funpass for a few bucks more during blue Friday sale. Looking forward to spending some time there next year.
Today, a shopping trip in the mountains
Poconos? Never stopped off there, told it’s beautiful. do you have the week off work?

i’m still relishing being a house lounge lizard, stretching it out till tomorrow Before I rejoin the world.

Yes, but more like near the coal mines, Keisha.

Said hello to my niece and family, as they live high enough in the mountains, my ears popped. But did pick up some items after wandering around in the clothing with hunting a big part of store, with stuffed animals and an aquarium to see inside the store. Then had a nice lunch. DH fell asleep on way home. Decided to do that pick up tomorrow instead, as yay do have the week off.

And rainy day it has been. Thankful the three accidents we saw, were on the other side of the road. Even more thankful the weather was warm enough it’s only rain. And neat, as place we ate at, saw the clouds around us.

All relaxing before a steak dinner. Little one was in mood for, so steaks it will be.

Ah, Thirsty Thursday tomorrow.

We never made it to the grocery store today so last minute decision to go out to one of the local mexican restaurant in town.

Ahh….we ate like pigs and now zoning out watching tv.

Life can’t get any better than this.
😜

Mr Mac said how about Chinese take out for tomorrow…..

I love his meal plans.

Thirsty Thursday, last one of the year and month.

Weather is giving us rain, so thirsty our weather is, as 1.6 inches yesterday, with another almost 1/2 inch today. Flood watch expires at 7 tonight. Then a dry spell, with finally seeing sunshine tomorrow, saying a full day of sunshine, as low weather system moves out, and a high sets up. But yay, as high still coming from the South, so we stay in the low 50’s highs for another two days, before our first week in January shows mid 40’s high temps. But yay, still saying the wet next week with 7 degrees above freezing the high next Saturday, is rain. And not that white four letter word.

Tea for me, as DH is trying to be lazy, but he just can’t. Though did get moving later than usual. I did turn off the alarm. Asked what he wanted for breakfast, said cereal. So that’s fine with both of us. He even used my tea kettle’s hot water, as he doesn’t mind instant coffee. Second mug fill of tea for me. Older one is actually up. He nicely acts as taxi for a friend.

Yay for Mac eating international lately. Glad to hear dinner was filling last night. I wish we had a good Mexican place near me. Best one arrived a few years ago, but I guess they could not make a go at it, and closed this Spring. They had the best street corn and self made tortillas, and chips. There are a few around, not counting the chain ones that are Mexican style. The last local one we tried, no one wanted a second time there. Must not be a popular local made type around me. But we do have a favorite local Chinese, and they have been in business for a long time. Hope you have another belly filling meal tonight.

Have no idea meals left for the rest of the day. Think we are going to do the pick up we didn’t do yesterday.

Hope today, all have a totally Terrific Thirsty Thursday.

Yes, but more like near the coal mines, Keisha
Not familiar with the mines in eastern part of the state.

frontier airlines :crazy2:, of which I have no knowledge of first hand, just their unfortunate reputation of being very no frills…has started offering fares from PIT to phillie. Some promo fares for $19

considering taking a peek to see if anything works for us & finally seeing the liberty bell (and doing the rocky steps) lol.

the mr spent some time there in the navy, has no desire to return. Told him he just didn’t see “the nice parts” of the city. Not quite on board with it yet.

I love his meal plans.
That would work for me. Actually, have been off my food, nothing tasting right and sense of smell is off. Figure i probably had covid earlier this month. Didn’t get those symptoms last time.

charade didn’t you lose your sense of smell from it? Did it ever come back?:wizard:

no offense to adrenalinej;), living with men after heavy holiday meals, there have been moments that’s been a bonus:duck:
Lackawanna Coal Mine? Went there when I was a kid. Wasn't really that entertaining for elementary aged kids, but my Dad liked it.
That’s hard coal area, west of allegheny mts is soft. We have a really nice educational facility here

https://tour-edmine.com/

where the GD works as a scareactor during their haunt. schools in the area all make field trips there (non haunt). Most people in area have parents or grand/great grands who immigrated to work the steel mills, coal mines or aluminum industry. It’s an eye opening experience for the kiddos. shocking to see the conditions they toiled under to provide a better life for their families.

The industries are still alive and well here. just now that quite modernized with a lot of computerized automation. Most require college degrees to be new hires. For better or worse, working in them runs deep in my family, to this day.

mac - liking the way you are rolling this holiday, nothing like rolling your way thru international cuisine and chillin.

Yes, if you come out my way, Keisha, will tell ya where to go and not to go.

I was near Mt. Caramel, our Poconos Mountains, are part of the Northern area of the group of mountains called the Appalachian chain. My niece’s DH is from that area. Hence, why they live near his family more than hers. But it’s not that far away drive.

Rainy as much feeling as yesterday. Better see that sunshine tomorrow. Waiting for coffee and it’s way too crowded for me. 1/2 price drink will do that, I guess.

Good evening everyone. Dropped my car at the body shop today. Hope it doesn’t take too long to fix. I also decided to get a rental car. They gave me a small SUV. I’m a little nervous driving it. I haven’t driven a car that size since I got rid of my CR-V.

I’m off work again until Wednesday. I really like working 2 days and being off for 5.

time to get those calendars for 2024.
We bought some at the mall on Tuesday. I use my phone calendar all the time, but still like having a paper one at home.

We never made it to the grocery store today so last minute decision to go out to one of the local mexican restaurant in town.

Ahh….we ate like pigs and now zoning out watching tv.

Life can’t get any better than this.
😜

I love his meal plans.
Sounds like us this week. We desperately need to go to the grocery store.

I wish we had a good Mexican place near me. Best one arrived a few years ago, but I guess they could not make a go at it, and closed this Spring.
That’s so sad. We have several options. The owners of our favorite Mexican restaurant opened a more upscale version at our mall. The food is similar, but with just enough differences that we like eating at both places.

charade didn’t you lose your sense of smell from it? Did it ever come back?
I did, but thankfully it came back after a few days. Such a weird experience.

Dh and B are going to get dinner. My stomach has been off all day, so I have requested they being me back saltine crackers and ginger ale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter