Something About Nothing............ #14

So, Wednesday again.

We`ve been home a week now and it feels longer to be honest. Having the flu really kicks your butt.

Thankfully I haven`t had much to do, so I could just sleep and let Tom take care of everything. I`m glad he is so handy around the house.

Lasagne again for dinner tonight, grilled Brie, turkey and cranberry sandwiches for lunch.

Then a lazy day again, plan to try and start TR today or tomorrow too......

And yes, a snooze will be in there too.

Ah yes, a Wednesday is here, and glad to hear you are taking your time to recover, Schumi. Having the flu is at least a week before starting to feel good. Sending more good thoughts your way. And nice to have the home painted. And good food from the kitchen today.

As a Wednesday, camel is here:
DB9CFFE3-D6A3-44F3-97FF-472B60586AF8.jpeg

Hehe, certainly in this month’s holiday decor. Robo, post that countdown. Getting closer.

Partly cloudy day for us, and while a cooler feeling morning, still will be 70 in the afternoon. Another nice enough Fall day. Then the cold front arrives tomorrow. Causing a stormy Thursday. Kinda fitting, as we do need rain, and of course the day commuting. Eh, back to that not commuting to end the week.

Wonderful Wednesday wish to all. Ah and a good morning to all too.

Tea! Yep. :surfweb:

Good morning everyone.

Mac your Sans made it to
C80BAC31-B442-4793-8F71-8538662B53EA.gif

It‘s also 19 days until Halloween

DC75F91B-4A44-4C81-BE70-4088712A2723.gif

Hope everyone who is ailing is feeling better. Its a overcast day today, but temps are supposed to be in the 70’s. Its the kind of day that could put one in a Halloween mood for sure.

I‘am going to go and walk at our local mall today for just a little bit. Need to get my legs strengthened up a little. There are some nice places to sit and it is never busy.

My back is still on the mend. I see the doctor tomorrow.

Going to get moving before I convince myself to take the easy route and stay home.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone doing whatever it is that makes you happy.

and the one that rocked this thread over to 1000 posts, happened at 5:09 this morning

Yup… it was schumi
🆒

lol.....what do I win....🎁

Yapper of the year award???

I`ve been called worse since I joned the Dis........ :rotfl:

Hope mr mac is steadily improving.......

Robbie.....glad your back is improving......yes, enjoy that walk with some seating along the way.......I haven`t moved in a week really, need to get moving soon.

Made my Bechamel sauce for the lasagne, then needed a nap!! But, did watch Death on the Nile with Angela Lansbury and Peter Ustinov with the most amazing cast in one film, all true stars.

Getting so dull already, it`s barely 4.30pm.

We won`t be eating till around 6.30ish, but could go for a snack.......might ask for some Brie, grapes and crackers.....Tom is mooching in the kitchen right now, so he`ll bring me a snack I`m sure.

Lasagne again for dinner tonight, grilled Brie, turkey and cranberry sandwiches for lunch.
You cook when you are sick??? You are supposed to be resting missie

Another issue that seems to take forever to fully recover, be well.

mac congrants to rolling over the speedometer! Surprised you haven’t started a new thread yet, thot there was a limit on length, at least in the past?

hoping your patient is patient ;) Generally, speaking the men i know aren’t usually the best of patients. Seem to take it quite personally when knocked off their pins.

other than feeding late breakfast to jr, then giving the pooch a bath, not much accomplished here today so far. Think I’ll make walking tacos for dinner. The mr will turn up that nose & get a burger.

temps above 70 degrees hard to focus on indoor chores.

You cook when you are sick??? You are supposed to be resting missie

Another issue that seems to take forever to fully recover, be well.

mac congrants to rolling over the speedometer! Surprised you haven’t started a new thread yet, thot there was a limit on length, at least in the past?

hoping your patient is patient ;) Generally, speaking the men i know aren’t usually the best of patients. Seem to take it quite personally when knocked off their pins.

other than feeding late breakfast to jr, then giving the pooch a bath, not much accomplished here today so far. Think I’ll make walking tacos for dinner. The mr will turn up that nose & get a burger.

temps above 70 degrees hard to focus on indoor chores.

Well.......yes 🥴

I will say though, the meat Ragu was already made as I had batch cooked some before I left so it was just the Bechamel sauce to make which doesn`t take long to do and not much to layer. And it was delicious I have to say.

Not bad temps for you.....we`re averaging low 60`s, but there`s a damp feeling outside apparently. I might venture out Saturday......if it`s nice. Oh I`m with your mister, I`d go for the burger too over tacos......lol......

And feet are up for the rest of the night now!

One of our decorators just popped round to finalise my colour choices, thought I was sorted, but he brought round a couple of different sample pots he thought I might like. Tomorrow I will paint a couple of good sized squares of them around the hall/stairs/landings and see what they`re like. We still have time for him to order them and get here for Monday.

Can`t quite believe how tired I still am.

And it's hump day!!! The weekend is on the horizon. I have a bit of a shorter week. Only a half day on Friday - I am heading to the city to help the kids with painting their new house before they move in. I'll have to " chat" with dd about her plans. Her "expectations" might not reach reality lol. We will see how it goes. I'm pretty fast and meat painter, she might be surprised at how fast I can be, if there is no furniture in the way ;)

Today is dh's b-day. We wanted to go out for dinner, but he is curling tonight. So I guess the birthday meal will happen another night. Not sure what his present is yet. I'm out of ideas. He wants some new thing for his truck - so I'll probably tell him to order it and that will be his present lol.

Today is nail day - thank goodness. They are on the longish side again, and interfering with my typing skills. It's time to get them done again.

Hehe, certainly in this month’s holiday decor. Robo, post that countdown. Getting closer.

Partly cloudy day for us, and while a cooler feeling morning, still will be 70 in the afternoon. Another nice enough Fall day. Then the cold front arrives tomorrow. Causing a stormy Thursday. Kinda fitting, as we do need rain, and of course the day commuting. Eh, back to that not commuting to end the week
I hope it's not too stormy for you tomorrow. We had that Monday. But we have clear sunny crisp days again. We have won the lotto for fall weather here this year. This is the warmest year on record.
I‘am going to go and walk at our local mall today for just a little bit. Need to get my legs strengthened up a little. There are some nice places to sit and it is never busy.

It's good to hear you are on the mend. I hope your Dr is happy with your progress.
Yum...tacos!!!!
Can`t quite believe how tired I still am.
Rest, and then rest some more! After 2 +years of anyone getting really sick, that first sickness can really take it's toll. Then you add onto it that it's the flu...that's a double whammy. I hope you start to get your strength back soon.

Well, I should shuffle a few more papers before my appointment.

Have a great day everyone

Safe travels to the city on Friday, Pumpkin. Yeah, good chance of rain tomorrow evening.

Kids want bbq tonight. Good enough for me.

Take a nap schumi and order food out.

Save the dinner you made for today and serve it tomorrow

lol…….too late, we’d already eaten it!

And it's hump day!!! The weekend is on the horizon. I have a bit of a shorter week. Only a half day on Friday - I am heading to the city to help the kids with painting their new house before they move in. I'll have to " chat" with dd about her plans. Her "expectations" might not reach reality lol. We will see how it goes. I'm pretty fast and meat painter, she might be surprised at how fast I can be, if there is no furniture in the way ;)

Today is dh's b-day. We wanted to go out for dinner, but he is curling tonight. So I guess the birthday meal will happen another night. Not sure what his present is yet. I'm out of ideas. He wants some new thing for his truck - so I'll probably tell him to order it and that will be his present lol.

Today is nail day - thank goodness. They are on the longish side again, and interfering with my typing skills. It's time to get them done again.

I hope it's not too stormy for you tomorrow. We had that Monday. But we have clear sunny crisp days again. We have won the lotto for fall weather here this year. This is the warmest year on record.

It's good to hear you are on the mend. I hope your Dr is happy with your progress.

Yum...tacos!!!!

Rest, and then rest some more! After 2 +years of anyone getting really sick, that first sickness can really take it's toll. Then you add onto it that it's the flu...that's a double whammy. I hope you start to get your strength back soon.

Well, I should shuffle a few more papers before my appointment.

Have a great day everyone

Happy Belated Birthday to your DH……yes, celebrate another night for his meal.

Yep, resting is always good and I have been, but want to start moving now as I’m getting restless! Need some fresh air. Glad you have some good weather so far, hope it continues.

Slept funny last night as I doubled up on the pillows as it does help with the coughing, but shoulder and back don’t approve! So, just got up instead of laying longer.

Got a grocery delivery coming this morning so don’t need to go out again, but it’s going to be a sunny day, might go for a short walk once the groceries have arrived, a walk into the village might be nice.

Need to paint the samples on the wall too, but that won’t take long…..then another day of not very much…….:)

Happy Thursday :flower1:

Yay, Agavegirl is soon on the move. Safe travels this weekend, and enjoy some big easy time before that HHN scary fun.

Belated happy birthday to Pumpkin’s DH. A day late. Yeah, when birthdays are on a week day, we usually wait a few days when everyone is together. Birthday celebrations are to be more than one day.

Aw, Schumi hope that cough goes ways soon. Takes a bit to get your strength back, so don’t rush if you are feeling good at the moment. Nice to be able to go out with the nicer weather today. Hope your grocery delivery went well this morning.

Thus, not that nice weather day for us. But it’s warm enough feeling. Had a light rain fall as commuting was as quick as early morning commutes mostly are. Will be using those wipers on the drive back though. 70 degrees again this afternoon, with more steady rain. At least the thunderstorms are not arriving until later this evening. Eh, good day to stay inside mostly. But then that high weather system sets up in the wee hours of Friday, and then, woot, three days of wall to wall glorious sunshine ☀️. What a Fall weekend to be outside. Woot!

Finally, as we try to end this week day routine, it’s time to keep that body hydrated. Particularly, as many inside places tend to be dry, with the heaters going soon enough, as dry heat means thirsty.

So do your part today, this Thirsty Thursday, and have a drink to celebrate the fact that we have that week day ending Friday tomorrow. Woot!

Mr Mac still asleep but I will wake him up when the work crew arrives
Today all the base boards are being painted
Will store both cats in the upstairs rooms
We don’t need them getting under foot and be helpers

Mr Mac is sleeping on the living room couch and will move him to the upstairs bedroom when workers come

He can be in charge of cat duty today

Going to have a warm two days this week
looking forward to it.

Not cooking today but will hit taco bell for carry out

Hope all the homies have a great day!

Second thought I will move the beer to the guest room on the second floor for him and that will keep him away from the workers

Hope all the homies will have a great day!

It's another cool crisp day here. I am hoping the clouds will disappear once it starts to warm up. But it is still a beautiful day here. My bil who lives farther north of me has received that dreaded "s" word :sad: But for now, I am still wearing my cute little summer flats with no socks!!!! So that's a win for me! No socks worn with most of my shoes yet, so I'm a happy gal.

Stretch that Birth ‘day’ out for a week I say lol
Believe me....he will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He LOVED that I did the 50 gifts for 50 days for turning 50 last year. He was equally happy opening up a little box filled with his favorite candy/chocolate bars or one with some nice Oakley sunglasses. Honestly, it was probably the best thing I had pulled off.
2 sleeps before I leave for my road trip which lands me at Portofino by 10/23. Driving to New Orleans first.
OOOOOOO have fun!!!!!
hus, not that nice weather day for us. But it’s warm enough feeling. Had a light rain fall as commuting was as quick as early morning commutes mostly are. Will be using those wipers on the drive back though. 70 degrees again this afternoon, with more steady rain. At least the thunderstorms are not arriving until later this evening. Eh, good day to stay inside mostly. But then that high weather system sets up in the wee hours of Friday, and then, woot, three days of wall to wall glorious sunshine ☀️. What a Fall weekend to be outside. Woot!
Yikes. Safe travels in the rain! We don't get rain here often...so I am NOT a confident driver in the rain. That is a skill I don't have. Snow, icy. blizzard/blowing snow that looks like your in the millennium falcon cockpit I can drive in!!! Rain....nope!!!!!!!!!! I hope the rain doesn't last too long.
Mr Mac is sleeping on the living room couch and will move him to the upstairs bedroom when workers come

looking forward to it.

I like your idea of MR Mac going to the second floor! I hope he recovery continues to be smooth! Yay for carry out!!!! I have a feeling mine will be that tonight - only mine will probably have a big golden M on it....or Wendy's as it what is closest to us.

@schumigirl I hope you continue to get better too!

Well, I should start the paper shuffle. My tea is gone, and I sure could use another. Might have to brew up a mug.

Have a great day everyone.

Occasionally popped in to catch up on you all but so much going on that’s a tough job! So sending good wishes to those not a hundred per cent and safe travels to those lucky to be getting away.
We’ve had wonderful summer weather and continuing into Autumn here in the northwest and lucky we have had so many adventures with our van.
This weekend I am taking my best friend (who lost her husband suddenly) to Buxton in Derbyshire. There is a beautiful hotel that has taken a good while to be restored and we are so excited to have the chance to visit.
Following week we are returning to Chatsworth which was our favourite destination so far. You are given a key to a door in a wall through into the grounds of Chatsworth - amazing. The picture is the Sturgeon moon over Chatsworth - we were the only ones in the pitch dark it was very spooky!
Take care all.

Attachments

• 1CBA9285-02B5-479D-AC5B-3AB0D0020D82.jpeg
    1CBA9285-02B5-479D-AC5B-3AB0D0020D82.jpeg
    18.1 KB · Views: 3
Hope I can sneak into the 1000th page. 2 sleeps before I leave for my road trip which lands me at Portofino by 10/23. Driving to New Orleans first.

Safe travels and hope you have a lovely trip!

Mr Mac still asleep but I will wake him up when the work crew arrives
Today all the base boards are being painted
Will store both cats in the upstairs rooms
We don’t need them getting under foot and be helpers

looking forward to it.

Second thought I will move the beer to the guest room on the second floor for him and that will keep him away from the workers

Hope all the homies will have a great day!

Putting the beer up there is a good idea! Yes, the kitties would love all that fresh paint to rub up against......

Takeout is good when you have work done in the home.

It`s been nice here too, for us.

It's another cool crisp day here. I am hoping the clouds will disappear once it starts to warm up. But it is still a beautiful day here. My bil who lives farther north of me has received that dreaded "s" word :sad: But for now, I am still wearing my cute little summer flats with no socks!!!! So that's a win for me! No socks worn with most of my shoes yet, so I'm a happy gal.

Believe me....he will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He LOVED that I did the 50 gifts for 50 days for turning 50 last year. He was equally happy opening up a little box filled with his favorite candy/chocolate bars or one with some nice Oakley sunglasses. Honestly, it was probably the best thing I had pulled off.

OOOOOOO have fun!!!!!

Yikes. Safe travels in the rain! We don't get rain here often...so I am NOT a confident driver in the rain. That is a skill I don't have. Snow, icy. blizzard/blowing snow that looks like your in the millennium falcon cockpit I can drive in!!! Rain....nope!!!!!!!!!! I hope the rain doesn't last too long.

I like your idea of MR Mac going to the second floor! I hope he recovery continues to be smooth! Yay for carry out!!!! I have a feeling mine will be that tonight - only mine will probably have a big golden M on it....or Wendy's as it what is closest to us.

@schumigirl I hope you continue to get better too!

Well, I should start the paper shuffle. My tea is gone, and I sure could use another. Might have to brew up a mug.

Have a great day everyone.

Thanks Pumpkin, getting better slowly, but definitely getting better.

We are very used to rain over here, ice and blizzards aren`t as common, but when we do get it, very few have the ability to drive correctly in it. But think they can.

Hope your warmer weather does linger a little longer.

Still coughing, but not feeling as lethargic tonight and not as achy. Did some drying and it was beautiful outside today, so I did wander around the garden and down to the fruit trees which are more or less bare now, apart from the odd pear still clinging on the farmers help didn`t get.

Tonight, simple dinner of sausages from the butcher and mashed potatoes with a mix of veg. Had some scones with cream and jam with a huge pot of tea after, feeling very full now.

Might have a sloe gin later before bed.

Occasionally popped in to catch up on you all but so much going on that’s a tough job! So sending good wishes to those not a hundred per cent and safe travels to those lucky to be getting away.
We’ve had wonderful summer weather and continuing into Autumn here in the northwest and lucky we have had so many adventures with our van.
This weekend I am taking my best friend (who lost her husband suddenly) to Buxton in Derbyshire. There is a beautiful hotel that has taken a good while to be restored and we are so excited to have the chance to visit.
Following week we are returning to Chatsworth which was our favourite destination so far. You are given a key to a door in a wall through into the grounds of Chatsworth - amazing. The picture is the Sturgeon moon over Chatsworth - we were the only ones in the pitch dark it was very spooky!
Take care all.
It's great to see you pop in again!!!! Happy travels!
Tonight, simple dinner of sausages from the butcher and mashed potatoes with a mix of veg. Had some scones with cream and jam with a huge pot of tea after, feeling very full now.

Might have a sloe gin later before bed.
Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy that gin for a nightcap ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter