Something About Nothing ... #12

Safe travels back home Monday for you pattyw
Hang on to your snowblower for a few more winters

Hope all the homies had a great weekend

For those that got snow, hope this is the last bad storm this season

When I lived in NC I never knew about the lantern festival. I’d love to go sometime.

When I lived in Marietta it was Life Chiropractic college. I understand it is an actual university now.

I napped too much this afternoon and now I can’t sleep. The downside of a snow day.
Yes, that’s the one he went to!

Good Monday morning everyone...….

Dull, grey and slightly rainy...….and it is cold, but no polar vortex threatening the apocalypse has hit us yet...….weather folks love to be dramatic...…..although mainland Europe has certainly been hit so badly this year. Thankfully family and friends in Germany and Switzerland are all ok.....

No cooking tonight as it`s the boys birthday......pizza!!!!!

And just realised I don't actually have an outfit for my nephews wedding in March up in Scotland......will need to think about that one. It`ll be cold so will need an outfit with a jacket of sorts.....

Anyway have a great Monday.....and glad you enjoyed some chocolate cake Monyk…….just hits the spot sometimes.

It’s kyle’s 25th bd

Hope his day will be exciting

We know he will have Carole’s flourless chocolate cake
:cake:

:bday:

All born in January should grab a fork and try Kyles cake!

Thank you mac and Charade...….still can`t believe he`s 25!!!

Yep, plenty of cake for everyone......it is rather large!!!! Think it`ll take them a couple of days to eat this one.....although I am always amazed by how quickly it does disappear!!! ::yes::

And I never have any more than a sliver......not really a fan as it`s so incredibly rich, but it is gorgeous for chocolate fans!!!!

Good morning :coffee:

I had to pop in before work to wish Kyle a:bday: ...oh to be 25 again:cloud9: hope he has a fantastic day :cake:

Time to get ready to go...I have to drop Danielle off at Trey's place so he can take her to get her car out of the shop. Then it's off to work.

Have a wonderful day everyone :flower1:

Boss probably did not answer as might not be at work

It’s a sign that you get the day off work ....
I decided to go in and boss was already there. She complained that her first client hadn’t responded to her text message.
First 2 clients of the day cancelled. I could have slept in.

HI SANS family:goodvibes.... It was a cold and busy weekend for us. Friday afternoon Brian and Charlie went to a concert and Liv and I went to dinner and saw Bumble Bee. It was such a good movie for the franchise. I think it is up there as one of the best ones. I was glad Liv enjoyed it. Saturday was up early ran errands and cleaned up. We were out of the house after lunch to make our way to Massachusetts. We went shopping at a natural discount store. Lots of good prices for my expensive stuff. We went to dinner at our favorite restaurant however, I had read some mixed reviews about it going down in food quality and unfortunately they were right. I don't think I will go back there again. It was too expensive for the quality of food. The hot tub was fabulous as usual. We came home and had a brownie pizza for Charlie's birthday and watched the Shining. It was his choice. Yesterday was catch up in the house, the days are just flying by. It was a great weekend for the us and the teens.:jumping1:

We are going to have our temps drop with the arctic chill coming in this week. We may have a storm by Sunday:sad2:. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Schumi Happy Birthday to Kyleparty:...The pizza and cake sound like a great meal for a birthday:D....Glad your weather is not as bad as they say.:thumbsup2

Lynne the pics are so nice to see thanks for sharing. I hope your cruise is great and the weather holds for you. I have never been to Key West but would love to one day. I have heard nice things about it.

Charade Glad that you didn't get to much snow:thumbsup2. I know here we are keeping our fingers crossed with not much. We don't want to make up snow days in June.:scared: That stinks about the clients cancelling and you are at work already.

Sue Glad that your test is behind you:goodvibes I know that is a relief!!

Patty I enjoyed your pics.:)...How nice that you got to do an adult weekend and having a great time! Brian and I still look at each other strangely when we just go to dinner alone, not sure how it will feel with a no kid vacation:rotfl:... We haven't done much in NC but would like to explore there one day! I hope the trip home went well. We are getting ready for that arctic air coming to our area too this weekend. Stay warm, and use your :cat: for lap warmers.:D

Welcome Spike:D

Monykalyn I hope you have a great trip to Vegas.:thumbsup2 I haven't been there in over 20 years...I never thought about a mug cake. It sounds like a nice quick way to satisfy a craving. I hope it stays dry so your chickens will come out. I hope you had a good dinner!!

Mac I hope you are feeling good and the weather is good. :goodvibes

Keishashadow I hope your air fare for Hawaii works out soon for you. I have never been to Hawaii but have heard nice things about it. It sounds like a great trip! A long trip though in the air!!

:wave: Tink, Robo, and all the rest of the SANS family! I hope everyone has a great Monday!:goodvibes

Good morning all! Another sunny day here in mid to high 40s. I’ll take it. The plants are so confused as we’ve had higher than norm temps, in some spots the crocus are coming up, the trees are budding, crazy!

Going to see Vice today.

Happy birthday to Kyle and Charlie! :bday:

Thanks bobbie and Sue..........

Bobbie.....glad you had such a lovely weekend........and happy birthday to Charlie......think I missed another birthday!! Love The Shining........fabulous movie!

Pizza is gone......and they were delicious........we all ate far too much....then they had room for my chocolate cake.....I honestly don’t know how they both had room for it! And big slices too........cake will last till Wednesday though as it is big.

Someone got him a Rubix Cube as a joke gift........he’s never used one before.........I told him back in the 80’s I could only ever do one side.......and showed off again and did manage.......one side......I never did progress any further......and don’t want to cheat and look at the solution on the Internet.

That’ll keep him out of mischief for hours!!!

Supposed to be sleety snow on Thursday.........may get weekly grocery shop on Wednesday........then hibernate......

I’m such a wimp.

Good morning :coffee:

I had to pop in before work to wish Kyle a:bday: ...oh to be 25 again:cloud9: hope he has a fantastic day :cake:

Time to get ready to go...I have to drop Danielle off at Trey's place so he can take her to get her car out of the shop. Then it's off to work.

Have a wonderful day everyone :flower1:

Vicki......I missed you popping in there!!

Thank you.....will pass your greeting on to him.....he certainly enjoyed his gifts and food.....always sucks to work on your birthday......

Hope your day goes quickly and hope you’re doing ok too........:)

Most of our snow and ice is gone already. B’s school is on a 2 hour delay tomorrow. There is a potential for more snow this coming weekend, but we will probably just get more rain.

Bobbie - It sounds like you had a really nice weekend despite the disappointing dinner. I’m not sure what we will do if we have to make up snow days. B’s school ends in May.

Sue - I find it amusing that you are having warmer temps than we are. Today it was around 35 and cloudy.

Schumi - Ah, the Rubik’s cube. I was so terrible at that.

B got another college acceptance today. The school actually called her to let her know. She should be getting something in writing in a few days. Then we can make it Facebook official. This one is a small, local, women’s college. She went to a weekend event event there last year and really liked it.

Charade
Glad your snow is gone now
Let’s hope your temps get warmer this week

We had decent weather up until today
It all turned cold and will stay that way for next 3 days

Doesn’t Lynne return back home this week?
Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday?

Bet she won’t be wearing shorts when she does return home

Good night homies
I’ll leave the light on just in case anyone drops in here later tonight

Colder for Charade and mac...….never fun!!! Oh Charade we`re having a ball with that Rubix Cube......I`m trying to work out how to do two sides......lol....so far I`ve failed.....I thought I was doing well with one side!!!

Today has to be our last milder day as it`s to turn cold Thursday.....

Enjoying a lazy day at home......although got our guy coming this afternoon to replace all the hardwood sills in the garden room with new ones......that`ll be dusty!!! He`s fabulous though...real old style carpenter who takes tremendous pride in his work. He`s the guy that we get to do everything in here.....very reliable too. Never lets you down.

Not much else going on..….I`ve made chicken noodle soup for lunch and grilled sandwiches......dinner is chicken thighs in a bbq, maple & dark spicy balsamic sauce....sounds odd but it`s gorgeous.....

I like to get food sorted early in the day...….

Have a great Tuesday.....

Good morning SANS:)...I have been up for awhile and just helped everyone get out of the house for the day! It's getting colder here:sad1: and my old bones don't like it:scared::rolleyes:.

Not much else going on..….I`ve made chicken noodle soup for lunch and grilled sandwiches......dinner is chicken thighs in a bbq, maple & dark spicy balsamic sauce....sounds odd but it`s gorgeous.....

That sounds really good I love anything with balsamic. I agree I like to have food business done early but don't always get too. Enjoy your meals, they sound delicious!

Mac nice to see you posting:thumbsup2...and yes bacon sounds good but for me turkey bacon!

We have a scholarship fair at school tonight. I am not sure what it entails but they will have some folks from local scholarship committees. I hope it goes well.

The storm for the weekend is coming it is just a matter of will we get a wintry mix or lots of snow:(.

Have a great day :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter