Some Universal observations this week

I am here this week and so far have had a great time. My only complaint is the single rider lines and how they are enforced. Almost everyone I was in had a family that weren't single riders. I wish people wouldn't abuse it so others that are single riders can use as it was intended .

They are enforcing it exactly how it was meant to be enforced. It is just meant to fill up the single available seats and if you are a person willing to ride alone, then you are perfectly correct in being in the single rider line.. It has nothing to do with being solo in line or at the park. It isn't put there necessarily as a convenience for the rider but as a means of increasing the capacity of the ride. Silly to let seats go unoccupied. If they were only to fill those single seats with people who were solo, there would still be a lot of single seats.

I am here this week and so far have had a great time. My only complaint is the single rider lines and how they are enforced. Almost everyone I was in had a family that weren't single riders. I wish people wouldn't abuse it so others that are single riders can use as it was intended .
Are you saying that people who were in the single rider line asked to be seated together and they allowed it? Or were the family members split up as intended to fill empty seats?

Are you saying that people who were in the single rider line asked to be seated together and they allowed it? Or were the family members split up as intended to fill empty seats?

There was a couple times the family asked to sit together and they were allowed it.

I understand that anyone can use the line. I have always thought if you are a group or family the point is to enjoy the attraction together. I don't see the point of splitting up your party if you are all riding the attraction.

I have always thought if you are a group or family the point is to enjoy the attraction together. I don't see the point of splitting up your party if you are all riding the attraction.

A ride takes moments. It's no hardship for hardier souls to take the single rider line, split up at the ride vehicle, and emerge, minutes later, to reunite. Whether you see the point or not, the riders who do so are indeed using the single rider line appropriately.

Sometimes we have been seated together at the head of the line, more often, not. Either way, we're not abusing any system. If there's a spot for two, they might randomly grab the two closest people in the single rider line, whether those two are a 'family' or not.

By saying: "I wish people wouldn't abuse it so others that are single riders can use as it was intended." you in fact seem as if you were complaining that families, by their very existence, were clogging up the single rider line. It's not just for singletons.

There was a couple times the family asked to sit together and they were allowed it.

I understand that anyone can use the line. I have always thought if you are a group or family the point is to enjoy the attraction together. I don't see the point of splitting up your party if you are all riding the attraction.

Lots of families use the single rider line to avoid longer waits. They aren't really interacting during the ride. I agree that they should not be put together just because they ask but sometimes it is faster to fill two seats from the single rider line than find a party of two quickly in the regular line.

Fire alarm went off at 3:00AM last night. No explanation as to what happened.

We stayed at HRH during this week last year and experienced the fire alarm while sleeping twice in a four night stay. Scared us wide awake both times. We asked at the front desk the next day what it was about and they said it was most likely someone smoking in a room or someone hanging something from a sprinkler in their room. Whatever it was, it seems like its a common occurrence there. Which I don't think is typical for a hotel, as HRH is the only hotel I've experienced this in.

People smoking cigarettes all over the place and team members not saying a word.

When we were there this week last year, we noticed a lot of South Americans this time of year. I'm curious if many of the smoking culprits could be from South America, as they likely wouldn't be used to the rules about smoking here.

My other observation I had this week being there is the amount of private parties at Citywalk. Was wondering if that's a normal thing? Last time I went to Universal which was 3 years ago I don't recall seeing it happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter