Some Covid light-heartedness.... I'm moving to the territories!

LOL...I lived there for close to 10 years...and we still have family that lives there. My answer NOPE...NOT...NOPE...NO HECK NO... NOPE!!!!! :rotfl:

We still have family that lives there. We go and try to visit at least once a year. I'm always reminded why we don't live there anymore. It is a different area and a very different views and way of living. I could go into detail, but that's a hard no from me!!! Unless you can handle MONTHS of -30 or lower the answer would be a hard NO!!!!

LOL...I lived there for close to 10 years...and we still have family that lives there. My answer NOPE...NOT...NOPE...NO HECK NO... NOPE!!!!! :rotfl:

We still have family that lives there. We go and try to visit at least once a year. I'm always reminded why we don't live there anymore. It is a different area and a very different views and way of living. I could go into detail, but that's a hard no from me!!! Unless you can handle MONTHS of -30 or lower the answer would be a hard NO!!!!

I actually would be really interested in how their views differ? And their way of living? Love hearing about differences between places.

I grew up in Yellowknife and still have some friends there. My husband went there once and said it was too isolated.

We were just joking about it yesterday that we should move there when we saw there were no cases yet!

Good for them! Honestly interprovincial travel should be shut down.
how many people even realize that their provincial healthcare doesn't fully cover them in the rest of the country in the same way it does at home? You might need to pay up front for some of the charges - OHIP just made some sweeping changes to out of province care. Now is simply not the time to be travelling, anywhere.

Last edited:
how many people even realize that their provincial healthcare doesn't cover them in the rest of the country in the same way it does at home? You need to pay up front and then submit a bill to your own province and you might only get a portion of that back if you're charged more than you're covered for at home. Now is simply not the time to be travelling, anywhere.

It really depends. We have used out of province services a lot, and never been charged a penny. It's all billed and paid direct. Though I definitely agree this isn't a time for travel.

It really depends. We have used out of province services a lot, and never been charged a penny. It's all billed and paid direct. Though I definitely agree this isn't a time for travel.
OK, caught me sleeping at the keyboard :P
There were some changed to OHIP out of province coverage at the beginning of the year and i made an error when sharing my thoughts! Yes you can show your health card and you'll get treatment and more than likely not need to pay anything, BUT there are some things that will not be covered in other provinces that we are used to be covered here and those you will need to pay. (I know the BIG change that came into affect on Jan 1st doesn't matter now -- no longer covered for any out of country travel,we used to be able to claim $400/day)

OK, caught me sleeping at the keyboard :P
There were some changed to OHIP out of province coverage at the beginning of the year and i made an error when sharing my thoughts! Yes you can show your health card and you'll get treatment and more than likely not need to pay anything, BUT there are some things that will not be covered in other provinces that we are used to be covered here and those you will need to pay. (I know the BIG change that came into affect on Jan 1st doesn't matter now -- no longer covered for any out of country travel,we used to be able to claim $400/day)

Oooh interesting. I would say then that Medicare varies province to province as we have been covered for direct pay, services etc... for a long time. Then again, my experience is with referred services, not emergency services. Maybe that makes a difference, too? Hmm... also sleepy. Perhaps I spoke too soon. Lol. This may be my new research for the day. 😆

Come to rural Saskatchewan. We have isolation and we have the Roughriders... So win/win situation.
A Saskatchewan born and raised farm girl. And yes...life long Riders fan!!!! I just can't cheer for any Alberta team :sad2: My hope it stays out of the small communities in Saskatchewan that are full of older senior citizens. My hometown has a bigger older population than a younger one. Stay healthy!!!

Yellowknife reported its first case of Covid 19 today.....now the NWT is planning to ban all non-essential travel into the territory.
I'm so glad that they have closed the boarder into and out of there. The Indiginous people living there, are exceptionally vulnerable. Their immune systems genetically can't handle it, and many of the remote villages don't even have hospitals or even dr's. They only have a healthcare centers that can't provide care for anything bigger than our common infections we get. Anything serious, you get sent to Yellowknife. I can't even imagine what would happen to see this explode there :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter