Solos at Spice Table Road?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I'd really like to try Spice Table Road, as a solo. However, I don't really understand how small the "small plates" are for 1 person. I'd really like to try 2 of them, for variety, but will that be too much for just one person? I don't have the largest appetite. So having 3 definitely seems like way too much as a solo. And having just one small plate seems so boring! Help-how many should I get?

I'd really like to try Spice Table Road, as a solo. However, I don't really understand how small the "small plates" are for 1 person. I'd really like to try 2 of them, for variety, but will that be too much for just one person? I don't have the largest appetite. So having 3 definitely seems like way too much as a solo. And having just one small plate seems so boring! Help-how many should I get?

They look pretty small to me, but I've never been. It might depend on what you get - there were some sliders that looked on the heavy side. Disney portions don't tend to be too big though.

Also, looking at the pics of the food, how is it that I haven't been there? Looks delicious!

DS and I ate there in July with 3 plates for a light lunch. I could def do 2 plates on my own and be not too full. Also some plates are a variety of items so it wouldn't be boring.

We had these two plates plus one more ~

1697568595523.png

DS and I ate there in July with 3 plates for a light lunch. I could def do 2 plates on my own and be not too full. Also some plates are a variety of items so it wouldn't be boring.

We had these two plates plus one more ~

View attachment 802863
Based on this photo, I would say these are typical small plate servings like you'd find at most tapas/small plates type restaurants. @Simba's Mom I think you'd be fine with 2 to 3 selections. You can always order more, after all.

I don’t have a big appetite and I usually order two small plates-the shrimp and either the hummus fries or the naan/spreads.

We ate there as part of the Eat to the Beat before the Spinners concert. We shared small plates that came with the package and found the food to be excellent.

Unfortunately a t-storm rolled in right as the concert started and the Spinners only got in three songs before the rain!

Thanks everyone! Sounds like 2 small plates is the way to go.

Thanks everyone! Sounds like 2 small plates is the way to go.
Pick your favorite two to start and if you are still hungry, you can always order another. Also, ask your server how many they recommend based on portion size. I have always had great service there, but haven’t been there solo since late 2020.”

Pick your favorite two to start and if you are still hungry, you can always order another. Also, ask your server how many they recommend based on portion size. I have always had great service there, but haven’t been there solo since late 2020.”
Or stop at the Morocco pastry stand, right next door, on my way out for dessert!

Chiming in to say how much I love Spice Road Table and I go solo a few times a year. My go to order includes the humus and bread plate with the iced mint tea. Depending on whether or not I want to eat something from a festival booth, I order a second plate. The spicy garlic shrimp is phenomenal but fills me up more than maybe the chicken or lamb. The fried cauliflower is great too, but can feel heavy with fried crust and spice.

Have fun :)

Chiming in to say how much I love Spice Road Table and I go solo a few times a year. My go to order includes the humus and bread plate with the iced mint tea. Depending on whether or not I want to eat something from a festival booth, I order a second plate. The spicy garlic shrimp is phenomenal but fills me up more than maybe the chicken or lamb. The fried cauliflower is great too, but can feel heavy with fried crust and spice.

Have fun :)
So one small plate may be sufficient? I haven't had the iced mint tea but I will. Last time, at Restaurant Marakesh, I asked if they have the tea iced or hot. My waiter said everyone had it hot, so I did too. Everyone must burn their fingers, because there are no handles on Moroccoan tea cups!

I had the sampler (the bottom 3-section plate pictured above) and was satisfied with it. I was waiting for the restaurant in France to open but it would have been another hour and I was pretty hungry. Got the sampler and didn’t feel like I needed more at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter