Solo or not to solo?

Northrup113

Mouseketeer
Ok, here goes....my girlfriend and I were set to arrive in Disney Oct. 31 and stay until Nov.6. She just found out she has broken a bone in her foot!! This would have been her first trip; I have been there many times. She is encouraging me to just go solo again! Honestly, last time I went solo I swore I would not do it again (I had been solo twice). Originally we were supposed to be there 9/24-9/30, we had to reschedule that trip too! 6 weeks later here I am again! I could just reschedule for next year since everything is paid for. Advice!!!!

I love solo travel so I'd go in a heartbeat.

But it sounds like you don't like solo travel, so I'd reschedule in that case. Unless she's willing to go with a scooter or wheelchair.

Ok, here goes....my girlfriend and I were set to arrive in Disney Oct. 31 and stay until Nov.6. She just found out she has broken a bone in her foot!! This would have been her first trip; I have been there many times. She is encouraging me to just go solo again! Honestly, last time I went solo I swore I would not do it again (I had been solo twice). Originally we were supposed to be there 9/24-9/30, we had to reschedule that trip too! 6 weeks later here I am again! I could just reschedule for next year since everything is paid for. Advice!!!!
Do a solo trip for yourself and then plan one with her next year.

I would postpone, since it was supposed to be her first trip, and I would feel guilty going without her.

Maybe plan a mini-trip (a weekend away, close to home) for when her foot is better - something to look forward to in the meantime.

It would also give you time to save up for something really magical on the rescheduled trip.

I would postpone, since it was supposed to be her first trip, and I would feel guilty going without her.

Maybe plan a mini-trip (a weekend away, close to home) for when her foot is better - something to look forward to in the meantime.

It would also give you time to save up for something really magical on the rescheduled trip.
Hi, a scooter or wheelchair are not an option. We discussed that and she wants her first trip to not feel like she may have "restrictions" with those, I get it. I didn't mind the first solo trip but the second one really left me feeling, well, SOLO!!! If that makes sense! If I did go solo now I by all means would book another trip for next year! I have a few days to decide.

*edit* hadnt read your last post properly.

If you do not like solo trips, because you feel lonely, reschedule.

It is a weird struggle. I absolutely LOVE Disney and really enjoy my time there. Even solo, I just can't get enough of everything. But, after a little bit of time, I really miss sharing things, you can only take so many pictures and send them!! :-)

Normally we here, myself included, are all about encourageing (enabling?) solo trips, or any trips. I think though in your case you should reschedule. Let her heal up and go and enjoy together. I think you will appreciate that more.

Honestly, last time I went solo I swore I would not do it again (I had been solo twice).
Don't go!

Since you don't like solo trips and this time all you will be thinking about is your injured girlfriend I can't see any upside to going alone.

Don't go!

Since you don't like solo trips and this time all you will be thinking about is your injured girlfriend I can't see any upside to going alone.
I came to the same conclusion! As a matter of fact, I changed all reservations to next year so we can both go. I just did not want to be doing all the things WE had been planning to do, by myself. It is heartbreaking but sometimes life has other plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter