• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So, you have exhausted all of 2005 points, you've borrowed into 2006......

TammyAlphabet said:
Now I am not a doctor, but I believe that the bacteria that causes add-onitis travels on high-speed internet connections. Because I have a severe case of it, and I am sure that I contracted it online. I haven't been "with" any other DVC'ers. I swear!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

It sucks to live within one's means... We are borrowed into 2006 a bit, but that is all. I have been using AP discounts to get cheapo Moderate rooms to make our trips longer... This July we'll have 5 at PO-FQ then 6 at Beach Club Villas. We just moved and the new house is sucking all our money! The dues are too high already so no more points for me! :(

Disney1fan2002 said:
What do you do to pass the time until you can book another trip with your 2007 points?

Hang-out on the rent trade board and look for postings by fellow members who rent/transfer way to cheaply. :sunny:

I tried that. People are just getting too smart :rotfl: So I thought another resale was the answer, but people are too smart over there, too. ;) I KNOW there are a lot of stupid people in the world, but apparently none of them have points to rent or sell. I guess stupid people just don't buy any points :rotfl2:

We've been in point deficit since our 7 day cruise on points in 2002. Every year we were using the next year's points. Somehow, this year we caught up. We actually have all of our 2006 points available for booking in 2006! Of course, we are planning another cruise...

But I've gotten a little smarter. I'll be renting points to pay cash for that, and will still have half our points left!

I am suffering from this same disease. I borrowed April 2006 UY points for our April 2005 trip, so have a few 2006 points left.

I have NO trips planned right now and those points are burning a hole in my Disney pocket!!!!

I am wondering if the AP discount we got this year is going to cause us to have this borrowing problem soon. :teeth:

We were doing okay until DVC announced the Members Only Cruise! Since I had already used all of 2005 points I had to dip into 2006 for that! Now DH and I are thinking we would loike to do another big trip next summer so we will need to wait until we can borrow 2007. Then last night DH said he thinks we need to add on again!! Why isn't MS open on weekends?? DH may change his mind before I can make the phone call tomorrow! Annmarie

We have never banked since our first trip home in 2001. We just got our school calendar for '05-'06 so I called and booked Feruary break. That sent me right into a negative state for like the fourth year in a row.

Hopefully this will be remedied with the add-on from TTS that we just sent our check for. Now all we have to do is wait a month to see if we pass ROFR. After reviewing the recent ROFRs, I don't feel all that confident that we are going to get it.

What are new points going for these days, and when are they expected to raise the price? Maybe we'll have to settle and just buy a few less points direct from Disney.

We are totally borrowed out. It was last year's cruise on points that did it to us; don't think we'll do that again! We won't have points again until March of 2007! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter