• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So, you have exhausted all of 2005 points, you've borrowed into 2006......

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
for a trip in the fall. What do you do to pass the time until you can book another trip with your 2007 points?

I crunch numbers and dates, over and over again. LOL How many points for how many nights on these dates at BCV, or how many points for these dates at OKW? Ect.

Round and round we go. I have about 20 different vacation scenerios for 2007. It really does make me feel like I am accomplishing something! :teeth:

Granny said:
Look for resales. :rolleyes1
been there... done that... and even with 5 contracts at 3 resorts, we too are borrowed out until 2007.

When I got the member club house there was a little note to check my dec UY banking deadlines... I chuckled. That is the one deadline we never have to worry about!

Yep, we were in huge point debt, too and I easily talked DH into an add on after our last trip that was a good one. I was thinking - WOW! We'll have all these extra points, but after booking next spring break and then putting aside points for DLH we're point broke again. :sad:

We've already got Dec2005 UY points allotted and need to borrow some from 2006.

(but then we're taking a break until spring 2007 or at least we think we can)

Dec 2006 - we're going on the Magic double dip at CC but paying cash this time.

It's hard for me to accumulate vacation...(i'm negative right now due to family emergency and surgery earlier this year.) So, I have to wait.

You are in the early stages of add-onitis. You must act quickly by calling your guide or resale agent for relief. I speak from experience as this affliction has effected us twice. DH saw the symptoms again in my eyes last week and said OMG. He will eventually have the same symptoms, he just has a higher resistance and takes longer to be infected. I think it's spread through saliva :love2:

RumpleMom said:
You are in the early stages of add-onitis. You must act quickly by calling your guide or resale agent for relief. I speak from experience as this affliction has effected us twice. DH saw the symptoms again in my eyes last week and said OMG. He will eventually have the same symptoms, he just has a higher resistance and takes longer to be infected. I think it's spread through saliva :love2:

Now I am not a doctor, but I believe that the bacteria that causes add-onitis travels on high-speed internet connections. Because I have a severe case of it, and I am sure that I contracted it online. I haven't been "with" any other DVC'ers. I swear!!

When I think about getting more points (assuming my first contract ever get thru!), I think about a certain tv commercial.

It's on cable, but the commercial is about a couple who everytime they run into some extra money they both say "college fund." This hapens about three times. Then their daughter one day says, "Mom & Dad, I got the scholarship!" Then Mom & Dad say, "Plan B." Next, it shows Mom and Dad riding away in their new large boat named, "College Fund."

With 2 daughters nearing college age, and even though I've saved some real money, I'm hoping scholarship, and I know what my Plan B is. ;)
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Can we join in this club too? :wave:

I just verified what remaining 2005 points we have left (none :sad2: ) and 2005 points (94 :sad2: ). I have no clue as to where they have all gone. :confused3 We haven't even been to WDW this year. I could not have used them all for our upcoming July HH trip, September WDW & DCL, and October WDW. :confused3 It's not possible. ;)

94 points :sad2: . I'm majorily depressed. We just talked about taking a trip spring break next year. But, we don't have enough points to do what we'd like to. We are so spoiled. 94 points is enough for us to stay at SSR in a studio 6 nights. But, we really wanted at least a 1 bedroom. :earseek: Now what do we do??

I'm not sure I'm ready for another add on. But, I'll be crunching those numbers before we decide definately what we're going to do. :teeth:

Hey hey!! I actually banked 4 whole points from 2005 this year!!! (of course, I have a baby due in Oct and we are going to Star Wars weekend in a couple of weeks on an AP discount :earboy2: so I cheated a little )

BUT - I can't wait til December when we will be taking us, two little boys, baby Love (who is refusing to show gender and will be 6 weeks old), sister, brother in law and niece to SSR for 5 days! I am so doomed!!! A 2 bedroom and the Lovell's will NEVER be the same!

and before anyone sends me over to "room occupancy thread from hell", us = hubby and I (with two boys and one cooking, we are now a family of 5) so it will be 8 total, but 1 under 3 (so technically 7). :cool1:

We're with you!! Even after 2 add-ons, we have never had one year where we haven started our new use year in the hole. Oh well . . .
ani_smiles.gif

We borrowed heavily for the Members Cruise, and I was all set to be thrifty for 2006, then we added on a total of 100 points. Did I bank them? Nooo, I added another day here, another guest/room for that trip, and I even booked a get away for MLKjr. weekend, and we have March UY. Explained the situation to DH and he said to go for it. We usually go somewhere in Florida for that weekend and with the bad weather we've had in Marco Island for 2 years, we decided if we're going to be cool, damp etc. WDW is where we'd rather be. There will be more to "do."

No more add ons for us (unless ....)!

Bobbi :flower:

T.E. Yeary said:
I just happen to have the cure for what ails you!
I think you should change your screen name to Honest John.

I find it's very important to stay in a borrowed-out status... it makes justifying extra points to my DH so much easier! ;)

I am sort of hoping that maybe, just maaaaaaybe, DH will be receptive to an add-on once I'm working full time again starting this summer. I convinced him we needed to add-on 2 yrs ago ("just enough points so we dnon't have to borrow...") and I've managed, with this upcoming August HHI trip, to borrow well into our 2006 pts! I truly do believe he will LOVE HHI and want to do it on our "off-WDW" years -- he's a beachy sort of person. We spent our honeymoon at Kiawah Island, and we both loved that. Plus, we will need more pts somewhere between Aug 2006 and May 2007 for our semi-annual 2 week WDW adventure, so either I'll be scanning the boards for transfer pts or calling my guide (or maybe "Honest John", lol!) Hmmm.... or perhaps that will be the year we just go to WDW for a few days with what pts we have left, and do a cruise on cash instead, while we wait for our pts to build back up. Ah, per usual, so many choices, never enough time, points, and moolah. :rolleyes: I too have about 20 different scenarios lined up well into the next 5 years!

I am always checking the add-ons available at various dealers (yes, including the Timeshare Store!) Not sure what I would even go for, though. We have all of our pts at BWV. If we really like HHI, it might be the best fit for an add-on. It would be nice to be able to get, say, a GV at Thanksgiving there. :cloud9: My family is in upper SC; I could see us easily celebrating Turkey days down there, given the 11 mos window to secure a ressie. And getting summer ressies at the earlier window would be oh so nice, too... :sunny:

AUGGHH! HELP!!!! I"VE CAUGHT THE VIRUS!!!!!!!! :crazy:

In keeping with Rinkwide's siggie: "I've got a fever... and the only prescription... is more points."

(and a little cowbell might not hurt, either.) :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter