So what's the deal with buying "old" resorts direct?

They are testing the limits of how much a resale buyer will spend to join DVC. What I'm trying to figure out is how they address stripped vs. loaded. And also whether all of this change is legal. Because they say it is so. This one though does not negatively affect existing owners.

I am still not sure about this one. I have been giving this a lot of thoughts and feel that moving a contract with an UY later in the year forward (ie: Dec to Feb) would make points that were previously not in play available earlier. I guess I don't know how this might potentially impact members, though.

LAX

How did they bundle your new points? Do you get full 2019, 2020 and 2021?
When you buy direct, contracts are always loaded with the current use years points. For example, if you buy a direct contract on July 31, 2019 for an August use year, you will get all of your 2018 points. They even make an exception for banking them to the next year (even though it can be several months past the banking deadline).

You can purchase the older resorts from Disney directly (with the exception of Grand California / Grand Floridian / & Beach Club). When Disney acts on their ROFR and purchase back a resale package, they put the inventory back in their system and will offer it to buyers who are on waiting lists or those who are persistent. The sales person you spoke with I'm certain will get back with you with inventory available. Yes it is odd the conversation they had with you, but in the end they will get back in touch in order to put a deal together.

If you are looking for a location that is sold out (with Disney), we would be happy to help you as well. We have resale packages for all locations and at a reduced price from Disney direct. Please be in touch or review our inventory and we will be happy to help you. www.dvcstore.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter