So what type of park bag is everyone using these days?

Update, I got a new waist bag the other day. Did I need it? Nope, must own at least 100 different types of purses but I got it. I tried it out and it will fit: my phone, a charger, a disposable poncho and a small fan. Without my phone, it will fit the charger, fan and a larger Disney poncho. I figure I can hang my water bottle off the strap with a carabiner clip or just hold it or use free water. I haven't tried it to see if a small umbrella will fit. Push comes to shove, the phone, charger and most likely fan can go in the pockets of my skort and I can fit a small poncho and umbrella in it. I'm telling you, I never go to the parks without some sort of rain gear, no matter what time of year. I can fit a disposable poncho in the back pocket of my skort as well. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C2N946GR?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1, fan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CLRM4MLT?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1. I also go a new disposable rain jacket that I can put in my Loungefly and it's big enough I can put it over the Loungefly. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Y8XRT1F?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1&psc=1

Years and years ago, a bright green bagallini or a bright green Mickey paint sample on a bag was one way DISers were able to find each other. Which was fun to do. Kind of sad that went by the wayside.

Yes, I did that. Went to Home Depot to pick up some paint samples, cut them out in Mickey head shapes and attached them to my baggallini and husband's small backpack. We ran into another DISer at MNSSHP and again when I was grabbing an early morning tea at CSR. This was a long time ago now.

I would love to go even smaller, but I like this bag since it goes over my shoulder, carries my water bottle, hand sanitizer or sunscreen on an end pouch, perfect phone holder, zippers for rides, and can actually hold a small sweatshirt for evenings or whatever I want to stuff in it - it even has a backside pouch which Perfectly holds EARS lol.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078K7WHYD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 842307

I've used something like this on many trips and thought it was great. Easy to get to my phone and different items. I feel a little unsure having my phone and wallet behind me. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
I'll say I didn't use it when I had to pack extra layers like a hoodie. that would have fit inside but it would be really puffy.

I usually use a medium size crossbody but for my upcoming trip I have purchased the Lug Tailback sling bag. I packed it up with every thing I plan to carry in park… including fan, poncho and mini umbrella along with small pillbox and travel size suncream, phone, slim wallet. It holds it all. Very deceiving. Lots of pockets. It will def be my new park bag. https://www.luglife.com/products/tailback

If we're popping in for a few hours I take a crossbody personal bag but I have officially jumped on the loungefly backpack train! I think I have the bigger size? They hold so much!

Last edited:
I usually use a medium size crossbody but for my upcoming trip I have purchased the Lug Tailback sling bag. I packed it up with every thing I plan to carry in park… including fan, poncho and mini umbrella along with small pillbox and travel size suncream, phone, slim wallet. It holds it all. Very deceiving. Lots of pockets. It will def be my new park bag. https://www.luglife.com/products/tailback
I completely forgot about Lug! Thanks so much for posting about it. :love: They have a slightly smaller version of the Baggallini triple zip called the Super Coupe Convertible Crossbody Bag. I was going to purchase another Triple Zip, but I think I'll go for this instead. As long as it fits my e-reader.

There's also the Take Two Bryant Crossbody bag - thinner/smaller than the triple zip. I'm considering getting this one as well: https://www.baggallini.com/take-two-rfid-bryant-crossbody/TBR401-BG.html?dwvar_TBR401-BG_color=Pink Blossom

I use a very similar Baggallini bag -- it only has one zipped pocket, though. I've used it for years as my regular purse and I occasionally use it at Disney World if I don't have good pockets in whatever I'm wearing that day. This is the perfect park bag for me when I need a bag.

I hadn't seen this Take Two bag but just ordered one on Amazon (for $20 less than what it is at the Baggallinni site). I think I'll like having 2 separate pockets to help keep things more organized. Thanks for posting it.

@Poppybeach Thanks again for chiming with about Lug. I ended up purchasing the Paws Navy Super Coupe Convertible Crossbody bag and it arrived today. It was a special but I had not realized it would only be up on their website for such a short time. I ordered it on the 23rd and all the Paws Navy no longer show on their website.

When I feel the need to bring a backpack I use the Dagne Dover Dakota medium backpack.

When I don't then it's usually just my Lululemon belt bag.

My 8 year old daughter’s pink wal-mart backpack because I had thought pre-trip ‘I’m done with carrying backpacks in the park, what stuff do we really need to bring anyways?’ And that ended up being the only backpack we had so we used it for 2 weeks to carry rain ponchos, sunblock, snacks, phone battery and cables, band aids, etc etc etc…
and now it’s literally disintegrating.
Lesson learned and I owe her a backpack.

I have a Baggalini waist pack (can also be worn crossbody) for the essentials: cards, phone, glasses case, a few Band-Aids, lip balm, a tube of sunblock). If more space is needed (e.g., for a hoodie on a cold day, or ponchos on a rainy one), I also wear a feather-light little Eddie Bauer packable backpack (20L Stowaway - comes in several colors, machine-washes like a dream, and goes on sale for $15-$20 a couple times a year - everyone in the family now has one! My husband and I are both wearing our Stowaway backpacks, and I'm wearing my waist pack, in the photo below).1000004423.jpg
1000007682.jpg

Last edited:
We use a lightweight REI backpack to hold water bottles and rain gear. Great if we buy something to put in it too. I use a very small Kipling pocketbook, that I wear cross body. Fits my wallet, phone, and sunglasses. It has a zip pocket in the outside that holds any cards I want to use without having to get out my wallet. It easily fits inside the backpack if I only want to have one bag in a ride or locker. And most of the time, I’m with my adult kid, and she wears the backpack most of the time.

Over the years, I have downsized too as my kids are older and I don't have to carry anything for them. If it's summer, I may do a small backpack to hold my refillable bottles and some extra water but most times it's a belt/waist bag. I carry my portable charger, phone, dramamine for my family, lipstick, sunscreen and small card case. I'll just carry my water if I need to. I use a herschel waist pack in a decent size so it's not as tiny as the lulu crossbody.

I have been using a fannypack - usually around my waist to give my shoulder a break. Inside is a tiny water bottle, small powerbank, a few pins, and a couple of other small odds and ends. My phone generally goes in my pocket to reduce the weight.
I do alternate between my fannypack and the packable crossbody.
So I've always just used a crossbody purse but I noticed that my shoulders started getting sore after a couple of long days, and I was constantly switching it back and forth.... last trip I used a fabulous (and cheap) fanny pack,it's a pretty color and worked perfectly to store a lot of items I needed, and I could alternate using it on my waist or slung over my shoulder (like a crossbody) I'll never use anything else now! (I had a couple of loungeflys,I gave them away, they're cute but too bulky and too small all at the same time to carry my things. I love how they look,but not using them.
I think I bought the (rosegold colored) waistpack on Temu for less than $5 and it's wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter