So sad, guess my browser isnt fast enough.

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
Ive been to Disney many times and Ive always been able to get at least most of my ADR on booking day. I was up at 5;30 to just make sure they weren't released early and at 6am it opening, within literally 1 minute Im not kidding you. I could not get Space 220 ( I knew that was likely) But then I couldn't get Sci Fi, Ohana or Coral reef. Literally 1 minute all of those were booked. I know everyone can't get every dining they want but seriously. How does that even happen? My internet is fast, it loaded right away. Just bummed now and its only 2 of us. Dec 7th - 11th and now Im worried it's gonna be ridiculously packed that week, which in the past has not been.

Ive been to Disney many times and Ive always been able to get at least most of my ADR on booking day. I was up at 5;30 to just make sure they weren't released early and at 6am it opening, within literally 1 minute Im not kidding you. I could not get Space 220 ( I knew that was likely) But then I couldn't get Sci Fi, Ohana or Coral reef. Literally 1 minute all of those were booked. I know everyone can't get every dining they want but seriously. How does that even happen? My internet is fast, it loaded right away. Just bummed now and its only 2 of us. Dec 7th - 11th and now Im worried it's gonna be ridiculously packed that week, which in the past has not been.

Sorry you didn't get what you wanted, keep trying as you get closer.
Remember people with room reservations can book up to 10 days out on the first day of their vacation, so that takes them up too.

Sorry you didn't get what you wanted, keep trying as you get closer.
Remember people with room reservations can book up to 10 days out on the first day of their vacation, so that takes them up too.
Yeah that was me ha! I’m just shocked. And it’s honestly making me really worried about the crowds I’m hoping that Disney is just reducing their dining capacity still and that’s playing a part.

Yeah that was me ha! I’m just shocked. And it’s honestly making me really worried about the crowds I’m hoping that Disney is just reducing their dining capacity still and that’s playing a part.

My window opens in a couple days, all I really want is a Steakhouse 71. I already booked The Edison and The Boathouse on Open Table. I would also like a Candlelight Processional dinner package but they aren't available yet.

Good Luck!

Were you able to get second choices? My day is next week and I’m thinking maybe I should even pick third choices. I’m not a counter service fan and we have a large party so I’m nervous!

Were you able to get second choices? My day is next week and I’m thinking maybe I should even pick third choices. I’m not a counter service fan and we have a large party so I’m nervous!

In your case, I would definitely book what you can but keep trying for the ones you want... you can always switch them out as availability changes... and I think it will. That way you know that you have TS ressie covered!

Sorry about your bad luck, but as others have said - don't give up. Things open up. Use a reservation finder service (Touring Plans works great and is free). There are still quite a few restaurants that haven't reopened and I'm not sure if the ones that are open are running at full capacity. I also think the fact that you are coming in mid week has a lot to do with it. Anyone coming in on the weekend for that week booked several days ago. I know we arrive on the 3rd, and other than a couple of things where Disney hadn't released the dates yet, I managed to get everything we wanted.

Good luck!

Ive been to Disney many times and Ive always been able to get at least most of my ADR on booking day.

Have any of your many times been lately (during these trying times as they say)? Reservation availability has been ridiculous (speculated from capacity/staffing issues) in ways I haven't seen in years and years of trips. Specifically I keep seeing Coral Reef mentioned as just recently hard to get so I don't think it's any indicator of crowd levels for your trip.

I had the same experience yesterday morning. Was trying to book Citricos for my last night before the MK After Hours event. Two different times the system offered an acceptable time, but when I tried to click through, it could not complete the reservation. Then there were no times left. I ended up booking Narcoossee’s instead, so not a hardship, but I really want to try the new Citricos!

Good luck — I hope you can eventually snag the reservations you want! Maybe the TP reservation finder will come through for all of us. :shamrock:

Keep checking! Cape May just opened up for a better time for me, so I switched.
Oga's appeared for 12/10 and 13/10. Seems like people are letting go off things when more days open up.

It’s probably not your browser causing the problem. ADRs are super hard right now because there are fewer available. Some restaurants haven’t reopened yet and there’s a shortage of both workers and supplies. So everything is running at less capacity.

You aren't the only one but I'm gonna keep trying as I usually do. I knew Space 220 was a shot in the dark but I figured Tepan Edo for lunch wouldn't be hard and there isn't anything at all on the day I'm looking for.
I was surprised I was able to get Oga's and Sci-Fi Diner so my husband will be happy about those.

Update: 1:30pm - Just got Teppan Edo for lunch on the date I wanted. Not the perfect time but I'll take it. Now if only I can grab a fireworks dinner in Epcot.......... I will also keep trying for a Space 220. Might as well dream big. LOL

Last edited:
Definitely keep trying. At 12:40 am this morning I was able to score us lunch reservations at Steakhouse 71. It was the first time in 2 weeks I have seen anything open up for that restaurant.

Forgot to mention if you don't get Space 220 to get to Epcot early that day and get on the wait list to at least check out the lounge and thus the view from space.

In previous trips, I was always 95%-99% successful getting all my ADRs - with many hard to get one and tons of ADRs to use up all of our Deluxe Dining credits. This time was a huge struggle to even get a handful, and we were stuck with a few less than ideal times (after 9pm, during fireworks, etc). It must be a capacity issue because it has never been this hard.

I think the problem was the system! My dining window opened today also and I couldn't get anything at all - and I was trying on Chrome, Safari, as well as the MDE app. About 2 hrs ago I was able to get several of them, and then it started acting buggy again. So it's def work checking back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter