• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

thoughts on VMK In Game Moderation...

Not trying to sound rude or anything, but how can you ban someone for saying shut up while people are scamming each other and bay be and taken is going on? (No, I will never let that shut up ban go...)

which seems never to be the same way twice ;):rolleyes1

I agree that VMK moderators need to be more consistent in how things are dealt with, so nobody can even think that someone is being treated extra special (and against what is stated in the newsletter) while aanother seems to be ignored.

I also belive that a bit more work needs to be done with the messages you get after reporting someone. I know that someone is most likely reading at least some of them, but it doesn't always feel like it. I can report someone for what they said in pirates, and IN THE REPORT I SEND say that I cannot just ignore no matter how much I wanted to because it was in a game of pirates, and still get sent the message about click on the player, then on the red ignore button. I sometimes will then call for help asking how to use the ignore button in pirates, and wait for an answer. The special replies I have gotten do take time on the moderator's part, but at least I feel like someone actually read something I wrote. How hard would it be to have a standard message of something like "Thank you, your report is being looked into. Since there is no ignore button in VMK minigames, you might want to avoid playing with the person in the future. If the player coninues the chat in the lobby, please ignore by clicking on the player, then the red ignore button." That message would let me and others know that the moderator read the report enough to know the enent happened in a game, so people won't take up extra time asking how to report in a game. It also reminds players how to ignore someone.

I totally agree!! I am furious about what happened to my friend. I was told by a friend that one of my good friends was banned for talking about a basketball game! While we have scammers, and dictionary dancing that horrifies many of people get off free. Just yesterday i was on Main Street and a saw a girl taking about a boy, IN REAL LIFE, checking her out! I was disgusted. So i waited around for about 20 minutes to see what would happen. You want to know what happened? NOTHING. She flat out said in real life. But my good friend gets banned because he was giving details about a basketball game. I know he should have not said anything in the first place, but come on VMK. Why not punish people who deserve for once.

I do not see anything wrong with either conversation you reported unless there was more to the Main Street story than you can tell.

We all have "Real Lifes" and saying that for instance I am a mummy in real life or I watched a basketball game friday night should not garner a warning much less a ban.

If someone can explain why it has or does to me I am all ears, does not mean I will change my mind but I will listen. :)

Someone said not too long back that sometimes the newer players may not know all the rules of VMK and that is why they get caught up in the taken, mummy, duh duh thing.

I do think this might be the case from time-to-time, however, this is when real mummy and duh duh need to step in and be a part of their kids life and watch what they do. ;) Ya know?

My daughter will not participate in taken, personal information, ###, fighting with VMKers, etc. She honestly wouldn't even if did not warn her about it, but we had a talk about VMK dos and don'ts anyway.

Maybe what all of this comes down to is some parents are letting the computer raise their kids so they can do their own thing and they just aren't watching. :thumbsup2

Don't mean that to point at any of the parents here, I promise!!!

I do not see anything wrong with either conversation you reported unless there was more to the Main Street story than you can tell.

We all have "Real Lifes" and saying that for instance I am a mummy in real life or I watched a basketball game friday night should not garner a warning much less a ban.

If someone can explain why it has or does to me I am all ears, does not mean I will change my mind but I will listen. :)

I have to agree.

Bottom line to all of this, VMK is not consistent. Additionally, they are not choosing their battles carefully.

I see people get booted from a room where a game is being played because their friend is the owner, but people like Mal have screen shots of being cheated and scammed and nothing happens.

I was watching my daughter collect trophies in her car today and she got one before another girl did...well, that girl got mad at her and typed in (hope this is okay Mal), "hey! ###" and then "you are a beep!"

My daughter reported her and got a message back that she can be banned for abusing the report system.

On the other hand, I have seen people say "you not nice" when a host is present and then suddenly be kicked from the room with a reminder to "play nice!" What the heck? :confused:

Inconsistencies continue in the game with moderation.

VMK STAFF

you should not give a player a warning that if they do not alter their behavior (what ever it may be) they will be banned, then the player does just that and you ban them anyway for the action that you warned them for and they ceased doing!

What in the world is the motivation and the reasoning in that...are you just trying to alienate all the best players?

While doing nothing to the players who scam and make others players game time a pain in the rear!

Address the dictionary dancing issues:

There are dictionary dances that should not be bannable then there are dances that should not even receive a warning.

Bannable:

This includes describing acts with words allowed but we all know the meaning behind the dialog.
calling people ugly or inappropriate names (do not tell me to ignore someone calling me a cuss word)

Do not send me or other players who report someone for inappropriate talk or disgusting behavior these sugary sweet notes, it insults our intelligence.

happynote.jpg

Please get your priorities in order and address this moderation issues before things go completely to Hades in hand basket, they are well on their way.

Do I sound mad and disgusted, well good I am.:mad:

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Inconsistencies continue in the game with moderation.
That one sentence sums up the entire problem. It is not just new players that haven't read the values, it obviously is some of the staff. It is apparent that each staff member decides for themself what is acceptable and what is not, and enforces things accordingly.
The one thing I have found staff to be very consistant with is profanity. They all accept it. No matter how vulgar the language, the person reporting it is often the person warned, and I have never seen a person banned (or warned, judging from their reactions when others complain) for using bad language. (I'm not talking about 'shut up.' I'm talking really nasty stuff.)
The one (and only) scam the staff seems to be concerned with is in the Cute and Boot or Falling Chairs types of rooms. They are constantly in those rooms checking to see that the prize is given. Everyone else is pretty much out of luck.

All I have to say is that I completly agree with Dara about her thoughts and think a point system should be implamented. Also I think talking about things such as the Dis boards on VMK should not be unallowed since we are doing nothing wrong by discussing the forums.

Disniplaya

All I have to say is that I completly agree with Dara about her thoughts and think a point system should be implamented. Also I think talking about things such as the Dis boards on VMK should not be unallowed since we are doing nothing wrong by discussing the forums.

Disniplaya

Excuse me Lax the point system was my idea ;)

I hate being in public rooms!!! I'm going to get banned for no reason if i keep going into these rooms. I was talking to my mom, I come back and this is what I find. Even though this is to the whole room it is just stupid that they give it to everyone and not just the person who did it. VMK is just getting out of hand.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Then I looked and I had a message that said the same thing! If I get banned I'm going to be so mad. Never ever am I going in to a public room!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
4uyr68n.jpg

Rant over!!!

This has happened to me before. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just try to stay in one of your rooms, or check back on it often. I wish that VMK would have a better way to solve this problem. To the black hole I go to write my complaint! =D

Ranting about VMK is, to me, like ranting about the war in Iraq.

Just about everyone has done it so much that it has become a dulled subject.

That said, VMK needs to fix the ways that it handles warnings, easpecially since people are being banned for no clear reason.

I hate being in public rooms!!! I'm going to get banned for no reason if i keep going into these rooms. I was talking to my mom, I come back and this is what I find. Even though this is to the whole room it is just stupid that they give it to everyone and not just the person who did it. VMK is just getting out of hand.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Then I looked and I had a message that said the same thing! If I get banned I'm going to be so mad. Never ever am I going in to a public room!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
4uyr68n.jpg

Rant over!!!

Notice on the pic, it says having babies. Why is that any different that a day care? When I reported a day care i got back the following: If you need to see what's acceptable in vmk read the vmk values.

I am going to move this thread over to the moderation thread.

Sorry DisIvyCo that this happened to you....and I so agree. :)

I think what VMK really needs to do is a 5 step process:

1. Insert a checklist into the "create new player" process. This checklist would include all of the VMK values explained clearly and without room for interpretation. New players would have to indicate that they read the rules by checking each one. Under the checklist, list all possible punishments for breaking VMK values. This way, all new players already have a warning of what happens if you break the values. New players would no longer be able to use the excuse "well I didn't know taken was against values so you can't ban me :confused3 ", because they all had to read them. If they just go through and check off the boxes without reading them, then they are hurting themselves because VMK would no longer give out seperate warnings (which would also be stated in the list), just one big warning to all incoming players. Of course this wouldn't eliminate all rule breakers, just hinder new ones from coming in.

2. Get rid of the ignore button. It's useless! The only real reason it's there is so VMK staff can provide an easy solution to players' problems without actually having to research the situation. Let's face it, if someone's harassing you are you going to ignore them? No, you are going to want to know what they are saying in case their insults get worse and worse to the point of having to report them.

3. For existing players who didn't get the checklist when they began VMK, issue ONE warning and be consistent with the warnings. Should the player continue the same behavior, issue a ban explaining what they did, why it was wrong, and how long they are banned for. There should be a record of warnings so that warnings aren't given out more than once.

4. Create and hire a new form of cast member that specifically and personally checks out situations where people are reporting/being reported. These cast members should hear all sides of the story and develop a way that keeps all involved players from leaving the room until the staff has reached a conclusion. Depending on whether the player has had a warning or not will decide whether they get ONE warning or get a ban.

5. Do something with the CL program. Right now, the CL program does absolutely nothing. They have no authority over other players, and some actually do more harm than good by using their title to scam people. If VMK does decide to keep the program, give the CLs more power and extensively watch those applying for CL positions to make sure they can responsibly handle the position. If VMK decides to lose the CL program, that would level the playing field for all players as far as titles go, and would keep bad CLs from bullying other players.

In the end, with summer vacation knocking at VMK's door, and lot's of young and easily manipulated kids coming into the game, VMK needs to do something before the bad behavior forces good players to leave the game. VMK is a marketing based game, the players who love the game and love the parks (like most DISers for example) are the ones who buy into the marketing of VMK (take the Herbie movie for example, no one would have bought it had it not been for the VMK codes inside). If the behavior in VMK gets so bad that us faithful players decide it's too much and quit, then VMK will lose it's marketing capability and plummet downhill. Let's face it, most of the players who only play VMK for the taken, bay.be, etc. won't buy into VMK's promotions like the faithful players. For example, most of the players who only play because of taken, etc. will be a lot less likely to buy 5 DVDs to get a virtual living room set. Said players really only care about pretending to "have a family" or whatever, not having "rares" and such.

Well that was a rant and a half LOL... I just hope that VMK reads some of our suggestions objectively because we are the players. We see what goes on everyday in the game that some staff miss or completely ignore all together. I'm sure none of us are writing our suggestions because we hate VMK or it's staff (I know i'm not at least), but because we have to deal with these players, and our young kids and little cousins have to deal with these players who play VMK the way it wasn't meant to be played.

If you're reading this VMK, anytime a mother has to ask an online community about whether a Disney game is safe for her child, you have a problem. Just think about that and consider some of our ideas and suggestions :thumbsup2 .

-CapElDano

If you're reading this VMK, anytime a mother has to ask an online community about whether a Disney game is safe for her child, you have a problem. Just think about that and consider some of our ideas and suggestions :thumbsup2 .

-CapElDano

Well spoken!!! :thumbsup2

-CapElDano

Bravo! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter