So is Owning DVC "Over the Top"??

lsutigger2 said:
Part of the "Over-the-Top" Gang and proud of it!! :cool1:
Count me in!! Some people just don't get it. Disney vacations make my family and I very happy. We all love it, we enjoy planning vacations and going 2 times a year. It is a total escape from reality, it is our "happy place". Over the top or whatever anyone wants to call it. :flower:

justloveit said:
Count me in!! Some people just don't get it. Disney vacations make my family and I very happy. We all love it, we enjoy planning vacations and going 2 times a year. It is a total escape from reality, it is our "happy place". Over the top or whatever anyone wants to call it. :flower:

I agree. You said it perfectly! It is our happy place too. :goodvibes We love it for all the same reasons. :banana:

crisi said:
why people spend thousands of dollars in Minnesota on hockey expenses for their kids, waking up at 4am in order to get ice

I do that, only in the Boston area. I won't even mention the baseball and soccer camps. Plus I own at BWV, and HH. So I wonder what that makes me??? LOL :flower:

Janis

I am a new over the top owner at SSR and I am proud to say that I will be going to Disney for the next 49 years, eventually as a little old lady (it expires when I am 84)! I figure that people can be "house rich" and pay outrageous mortgages for homes that they never see because they have to work so much. With DVC, I paid so that I can appreciate that "home" for the initial price of a used car these days (plus annual dues of course).

My grandparents were going to buy a condo on the Gulf Coast in the early 80's and now the prices have more than tripled. Though I can't predict the future, I know that Disney DVC will most likely increase too in the next 10 years and I will only be paying annual dues. That is not over the top to me.

:earboy2: I don't care what they think. Smug elitist attitudes of the "I'm smart and you're not" crowd. They can kiss my Grumpy Butt!
Anyway this goes out to my fellow "Over the Top" DVC NUTS :grouphug:

JimC said:
That relationship will change in a few years when ours begin to decline in value. Then even more in 2042 when we have only the memories and they still have their deeded timeshares. But by then I doubt if I will care all that much one way or the other as I will be 86.
Yes, but while that's true, with DVC we're not leaving our estate with a deeded property that will have annual maintenance fees and possibly high assessments for physical improvements on a 50 year old resort.

We also own Marriott, which is lifetime deeded, and when we pass it on, I have no idea if our children will consider it an "asset" or a "liability".

Caskbill said:
Yes, but while that's true, with DVC we're not leaving our estate with a deeded property that will have annual maintenance fees and possibly high assessments for physical improvements on a 50 year old resort.

We also own Marriott, which is lifetime deeded, and when we pass it on, I have no idea if our children will consider it an "asset" or a "liability".

Very true! We are in the same boat Bill. We are using our MVCI lock-offs to treat our daughters now when their funds are tight and vacation expenditures are low priority. Hopefully they will find them of value over time.

Of course...and your point is?? ;)

We went to WDW twice before our daughter was born and have gone at least once every year since 1991. To some that may be over the top...buying into DVC just made good economic sense to us.
Just wish we had been in a position to do it sooner!! :)

justloveit said:
Well said that is the way DH and I feel.

justloveit said:
I will be the fourth , or fifth, or whatever number we're at, to totally agree with justloveit's thoughts! :)

MG

Over the top? Maybe so. But it makes us feel so good to be a part of. We are going back home in late Nov/early Dec and cant wait. DS has worn out a videotape of WDW watching it over and over. In the last few days we have been burning those Autumn Lodge candles from the Yankee Candle store that remind us so much of the smell of VWL. And while writing this, I am listening to Aaron Copelands Appalachian Spring CD that plays inside the Lodge.

Over the top or just plain crazy for the place :rotfl:

You be the judge. All I know is I cant wait to get back home!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter