• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

smoking @ wdw

i've been following along, but frankly afraid to post. I truly appreciate all the helpful advice, thanks to everyone who has been so nice.

My trip is coming up soon, and I am truly overwhelmed :)

Thanks again for the helpful hints :sunny:

Smoking is a tough issue. While I don't advocate action against smokers, I think we do need to realize that someone smoking, even only in designated areas, affects us all, due to the large amount of medical care necessary for indigent smokers. There is a societal impact. I don't think that such attacks are appropriate, but there is some rational basis for cross-over concern.

I know for a fact that you are allowed to smoke at the bar at Fultons Crab House in DD. There is also outside seating, which I am sure would be smoking also. You can eat in the bar area, the entire menu is available. We have done this for years and our last trip was in June......so hopefully nothing has changed. Good Luck!!! There is no smoking at Portabello's, which is located just across from Fultons. There is also an outside area in Epcot, just across from the United Kingdom, but do not know if smoking is permitted there. All other restaurants at Epcot are smoke free.
:wave:

Originally posted by thatgirl
This is directed at billybaruchl. You are obviously not trying to be constructive. You added your 2 cents, now please drop it. Smokers are not going to quit simply because non smokers are rude.

I wasn't even going to get involved, but your post is not much nicer than billybaruchl's. You probably meant to say that some non-smokers are rude just like some smokers are rude. I am a non-smoker and I'm not rude at all. Well, not when it comes to smoking at least!!;)

I am a non-smoker but would like to add that I really appreciate all of you smokers trying to find out about the designated smoking areas.

Instead of bashing the smokers for trying to find places to smoke, we should thank them for considering others and taking the time to look.

So here is a big THANK YOU from me.

Enjoy your trip.:wave:

Overwhelmed

I'm a non-smoker but going to WDW in November with my sister who IS a smoker. All the theme park maps show designated smoking areas and a lot of them are close by carts that sell coffees and soft drinks. A particularly pretty area is nearby the Garden at EPCOT's United Kingdom area. At Downtown Disney my sister smoked in the main "walking" area. I know indoor restaurants don't permit smoking, but I'm sure the ones with outside areas do allow it providing no food is being served.

Incidentally, although I hate the smell of cigarette smoke and it makes my eyes itch dreadfully, I have no problems of any kind with cigar smoke! Don't know why, but it's always been that way - and I adore the smell of a good cigar.

Have a nice holiday!

JellyRolls is cool for what it is....but you also need to know the drinks are watered down with ice and small!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter