• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

smoking @ wdw

overwhelmed

Mouseketeer
ok ...
so...
i know that the smoking laws in florida are similar to california, whereas if they serve food, there cannot be smoking. drinking & smoking go hand in hand for us... a day in the parks is fine without smoking, but a cocktail hour is quite different.

normally at the DLR, we know which bars have outdoor seating areas where drinks can be taken outdoors, and smoking is permitted. these are mostly located at the hotels. at the CA hotels, drinks can be carried anywhere. i hope this is true of florida.

which bars at WDW have outdoor seating areas where smoking would be allowed? these could be either at the hotels, or at DtD.

and speaking of DtD, are there outdoor smoking areas at Pleasure Island, where the cocktails are permitted also? gosh i hope so.

thanks so much for any advice!!!!!

Nancy

Nancy, please stop smoking.

I believe outdoor areas at Pleasure Island can still be used to ingest toxins. I could be wrong.

I feel sad that someone would plan their vacation around places to smoke. Maybe an "enabler" can direct you to the information you seek. I can suggest the intoxication of a fine wine (or a cheap beer, for that matter) is greatly enhanced without those smoky butts.

Those "designated smoking areas" are what? The price we pay to support your habit? Does anyone remember that Walt Disney smoked tobacco cigarettes and died of lung cancer?

If this is too "debatey" for the non-debate board, that's too bad, suckers. You're sucking your life away. :eek:

<sigh>I debated for days before i made that post...
...hoping if i posted on the adult section of the board, I would get serious answers to my questions, instead of judgment.

What started out as a friendly "please quit smoking" quickly turned flippant and mean .
that's too bad, suckers

I wonder why people even click on topics, then go on to insult the orignal poster. I was hoping for nicer people on this otherwise fantasic message board.

And back to my regular post...</sigh>

:wave2: ...So I'm wondering ... where is the prettiest place at WDW to have a cocktail and a cigar?

thanks for any advice.... it is such a huge resort!

Nancy, you are right. I'm so sorry I sent that post. Please forgive me.

I hope you have a great time at WDW.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies. Posts like mine are not helpful and I really am sorry. I wanted to go back and edit most of it out before anyone read it, but I see I am too late.

Originally posted by overwhelmed
So I'm wondering ... where is the prettiest place at WDW to have a cocktail and a cigar?

Not knowing if you can have a cocktail out there or not, but my vote would be sitting on the Boardwalk. I love that place at night. I think at least one restaurant has a patio that you can smoke on, but I'm not positive.

I have read that the Boardwalk is lovely at night, and that there are bars & restaurants open late into the evening. I'm looking forward to the piano players at Jellyrolls, and taking a stroll along the Boardwalk.

:flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2:
Thanks for the suggestions so far :)
:flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2:

P.S.When visiting the Disneyland Resort in CA, the cigar terrace at the Napa Rose is open to anyone, even if you are not having dinner. Just walk in and ask. It's mere steps from the parks, yet surrounded by pine trees, lovely rockwork and a fire ring. They have a menu of cigars, and excellent martinis!

Nancy, I haven't been to wdw for 2 years, but you could smoke at DTD in most the clubs. Outside was also permitted. My last stay was at CBR, and they have a great pool bar that allowed smoking.
Also the patio behind it allowed it too with chairs and tables.

I'm also a smoker, and while I submit to the restrictions, it's nice to still have a place to go and have a smoke with a drink.

Another smoker here, hopefully for not too much longer. I can tell you at PI that smoking is allowed outside, but not in any of the clubs.

Nancy

I hear where you are coming from, i too am a smoker and i am going away with 5 non-smokers. But they all understand that, as everyone has something they would like to give up.

In ireland we have outlawed smoking and i always have to plan on where to go, inorder to enjoy myself and to smoke.

I feel the same about wdw and would too like to know where it is accepted as i do not want to go out and not enjoy myself due to being a smoker.

Do bars and nightclubs alow you to smoke on the premisses?

I would love to know. :bounce:

Well, from what i have read so far, most bars have some sort of outdoor seating smoking area. Only two of the bars at Pleasure Island are deemed expressly non-smoking.

There are smoking areas specified within each of the theme parks.

The Florida law doesnt allow smoking anywhere where food is served, so all restaurants are supposedly non smoking.

If its like California, there are plenty of outdoor areas where smoking is permitted, like benches & outdoor seating on hotel grounds.

I'll know more in 97 days :cool:

Originally posted by overwhelmed
Well, from what i have read so far, most bars have some sort of outdoor seating smoking area. Only two of the bars at Pleasure Island are deemed expressly non-smoking.

There are smoking areas specified within each of the theme parks.

The Florida law doesnt allow smoking anywhere where food is served, so all restaurants are supposedly non smoking.

If its like California, there are plenty of outdoor areas where smoking is permitted, like benches & outdoor seating on hotel grounds.

I'll know more in 97 days :cool:

Actually, they don't allow smoking at any of the clubs on Pleasure Island, but they do allow smoking at Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk, as someone else mentioned.

Smoking is allowed on the "street" at Pleasure Island, and they do have drink kiosks outside, as well.

I don't smoke, but I've traveled with a smoker before. :)

thats good to hear, i know its not an ideal situation to have to go find somewhere to smoke but it has to be done.. thanks for all the advise.. :crazy:

its not an ideal situation to have to go find somewhere to smoke but it has to be done

overwhelmed, now you've gone way too far. You have encouraged another sucker to "find somewhere to smoke." Think of the children, please! ::yes::

I was, and am, willing to make peace with you.

My original post in response to yours was actually serious judgment (constructive criticism) of your destructive behavior. Such behavior doesn't make you a bad person. But it's not good. Do you know what I mean? :sunny:

I meant what I wrote and it was not "flippant" and it was not "mean," in my opinion. If you were insulted, then get used to it or get over it, because it will happen again. Of that, I assure you. And... gosh "I" hope so. :eek: :wave2:

This is directed at billybaruchl. You are obviously not trying to be constructive. You added your 2 cents, now please drop it. Smokers are not going to quit simply because non smokers are rude. It only makes people angry. Since you are talking about quitting bad habits, how about we add making rude personal remarks to the list.

Overwhelmed, there is a very pretty spot in the garden around England in the World Showcase that allows smoking. Maybe you could get a pint to go from the pub and relax there. Hope you have a great trip!

Originally posted by thatgirl
Overwhelmed, there is a very pretty spot in the garden around England in the World Showcase that allows smoking. Maybe you could get a pint to go from the pub and relax there. Hope you have a great trip!

I don't make a point of paying attention to the smoking areas,
but I do have a way of discovering that the smokers are in one.
I just look at the garbage cans. If the cans have an astray on
top, I'm in a smoking area.

I've inadvertently discovered that while in Norway, near the Viking ship. I passed a bunch of smokers as I was heading to
the ladies' restroom. :)

Billybaruch
Why are you in a forum marked regarding smoking, if you feel such strong feelings towards it, this is a forum to ask for information we need regarding holiday's. If you are to write such personal critisim to every post then i advise you to do not return to it.

This is a friendly web forum and if everyone else can keep to these rules then i dont see how a person like yourself cant keep to that either.

Regarding your point that overwhelmed has "encouraged" another smoker then i advise you read the reply's again as i am "already" a smoker...

Overwhelmed, here is to our holidays.. i am off in 2 weeks time and will quite enjoy the walks around the parks to have a nice Ciggy and Drink. (off in 2 weeks)

:hyper:

<b>overwhelmed</b>, I think you've gotten some good answers to your question here.
<b>billybaruch1</b>, this isn't the place for your anti-smoking rant.
Let's keep this thread friendly or I will close it.

Originally posted by billybaruch1
Nancy, please stop smoking.

I believe outdoor areas at Pleasure Island can still be used to ingest toxins. I could be wrong.

I feel sad that someone would plan their vacation around places to smoke. Maybe an "enabler" can direct you to the information you seek. I can suggest the intoxication of a fine wine (or a cheap beer, for that matter) is greatly enhanced without those smoky butts.

Those "designated smoking areas" are what? The price we pay to support your habit? Does anyone remember that Walt Disney smoked tobacco cigarettes and died of lung cancer?

If this is too "debatey" for the non-debate board, that's too bad, suckers. You're sucking your life away. :eek:

IMO, this was really uncalled for. And I am extremely allergic to smoke.

What difference does it make in your life if someone wants to smoke in a designated smoking area? She was asking for advice on where the smoking areas were, and obviously does not intend to smoke in the non smoking areas which I think is quite polite and a reasonable question to ask...

Nowhere did she say that her trip was planned around smoking. She was asking a question. She obviously is a polite smoker who cares about those around her and wanted to make sure she was going to the places where she could smoke without offending people like you, who hate smoking.

Wow. I hope the next time you do something that someone else dislikes, they are not as quick to jump on you and call you names. Being mean to people sucks your life away. :eek:

To the OP - There are many designated smoking areas around the parks. My BF smokes and so we stopped a few times a day for him and most of the smoking areas are pretty easy to find. Also, the cast members will gladly direct you. Most of them are tucked out of the way so you won't be bothering anyone. I got some great pictures from these spots as they often offer interesting views most people walk right by. :)

As for eating outside, I don't know offhand of any place that allows smoking where people are eating as the tables are pretty close together. I could be wrong though. This never came up for us. My BF does not like to smoke while he eats anyway. You can smoke outside at PI just about everywhere. I do not think you can smoke in the actual bars.

Have a great trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter