small world september 2024 exercise challenge

Elizabeth Smith

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the September 2024 exercise thread! This month, we'll be celebrating it's a small world, one Disney attraction which always warms my heart!

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day. Since September has 30 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 450
20 minutes/day = 600
30 minutes/day = 900
45 minutes/day = 1350
1 hour/day = 1800

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress:

10% - Bali Blue
25% - African Orange
50% - Penguin Purple
75% - Peru Pink
90% - Rain Forest Red
100% - Global Green

We’re officially starting this challenge on September 1, but if you don’t find the thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join! There's no better time than the present to start toward your goals!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Team:
Elizabeth Smith 455/780
dingyi6288 /900
PollyannaMom 185/600
sophy1996 336/1200
ShannyMcB 156/400
Raya 336/770
TwilightSparkle 1010/2300

TEAM 2478/6950

Last edited:
41 minutes on the treadmill. The trick (for me) is finding a good juicy gossipy TV show that I look forward to watching, and then only watching it on the treadmill. Jane the Virgin was my last one and I'm trying Once Upon A Time now. It's certainly got the soap-y goodness with a dash of Disney fun. I forgot how much I want each and every costume I see on that show. :P

41/770 - 5%

I am going to sit out for now. I have still been coughing a lot so I haven't been doing much other then work. Once I can go longer then 10-15 minutes without coughing the I will join with a shorting amount of time.

Congrats to sophy1996, Twilight Sparkle, Raya, and myself for all reaching Bali Blue!

Another country featured in it's a small world that was a contender for the "blue" color title was Belgium!
When searching for an image of the Belgium scene, I found this super cute figurine which was sold for the 40th anniversary of the attraction in 2006.
1725676562652.png
Of course, I'm not sure if you'd be able to find one for sale, but one listing I saw sold for $200!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest