slo’s WEDNESDAY 9/6 poll - Making Your Bed

Making Your Bed - Do you do it every day and if No, how often do you make it? (m.c.)

• I make my bed every day

Votes: 76 58.9%
  • I do not make my bed every day

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I make my bed when guests are coming

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I make my bed on sheet changing day

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • I make my bed when I clean the bedroom

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I make my bed when I’m in the mood

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I make my bed according to my work schedule

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I make my bed if I have extra time

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I literally never make my bed

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
We only make the bed at home after we strip it and change the sheets.

When we are away - hotel or guest room somewhere, we neaten it up every day.

Last edited:
I sort of make the bed. I am living in one of my timeshares at the moment and surprise, surprise, they have daily housekeeping and they make the bed. I just try to leave it somewhat tidy for them.

I never make my bed and here's why: it's my space, my comfort zone and you know what isn't comfortable to me? An area that doesn't look used. My brain starts thinking that I shouldn't be here, that I don't belong here. So I never make my bed, it always looks perfectly used; everything is arranged to fit me exactly....nothing ever feels as welcoming as walking into my room at the end of a long day at work to a bed that looks like all I did was get up and go to the bathroom.
I love the honesty of this post.
You’re like - this is how it is and I’m happy with it.
I think it’s great 🙂👍🏼

Every day as soon as I get up! I don't like the look of an unmade bed. The only time I don't make the bed is when I'm staying in a hotel but even then I pull the covers up so it looks a bit neater.

We usually make our bed, but not every day. And by "we", I usually mean my wife - I'm typically up first, so the bed is not available to be made when she's still in it. ;)

The rule in our house is, the last one up, makes the bed. So that's me. It is made every day.
Now, for the better part of 25 years I worked graveyard shift and my wife worked days, and back then the only time the bed got made was when the sheets were changed. No point. One of us was in bed almost all the time.

I always make the bed. I'm one of *those people* with a lot of decorative pillows and such, and I like how it looks all neat and tidy. I spend the better part of the day here in my room because that's where my computer is, and I can see the bed from where I sit. If it's unmade it bugs me. It's funny, because I was such a slob as a teenager.

Every single day. An unmade bed is one of my pet peeves. Takes like 3 seconds and can make the messiest room a bit tidier.

We don't often make our bed on a daily basis. We make it definitely when we change the sheets. And if I'm straightening up on the weekend then I may make it. I have no interest in making it in the morning. I'm not a morning person and we leave for work by 6:15am. I fold my laundry in my living room with a folding board on a table which would be the only other reason I would make the bed...so i had a flat surface to fold it.

The guest bedroom....as soon as a guest leaves, I wash the sheets, put the clean sheets on the bed and make it so it's ready to go and one less thing I have to do if someone stays over. I have one set of summer sheets and comforter and one set of winter sheets and comforter so it's easiest just to do it and have the bed made up with clean sheets.

ETA: Our guest bedroom is on the first floor with it's own full bathroom. Our bedroom is upstairs with its own bathroom. No reason anyone is wandering through our bedroom to check out the neatness factor LOL.

I always make the bed. I'm one of *those people* with a lot of decorative pillows and such, and I like how it looks all neat and tidy. I spend the better part of the day here in my room because that's where my computer is, and I can see the bed from where I sit. If it's unmade it bugs me. It's funny, because I was such a slob as a teenager.
Hahah yep! :rotfl2:

Me too ::yes::
Stay tuned….this topic is going to be a future poll 🙂👍🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter