slo’s WEDNESDAY 9/18 poll - Dutch Apple Pie vs. Apple Pie 🥧

Dutch Apple Pie vs Apple Pie - Questions below in post ⬇️ (m.c.)

• I prefer Dutch Apple Pie

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I prefer regular Apple Pie

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I like them both equally

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • I’ve never had Dutch Apple Pie

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • I’ve never had regular Apple Pie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I bake a homemade Dutch Apple Pie

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • I bake a homemade regular Apple Pie

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I don’t like any apple pies

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
I make PIES. Lots of pies. Cherry, apple, blueberry, mixed berry. You name it, I've made it.

Apple is usually two-crust (sometimes lattice top). I only make Dutch apple if I don't have time/energy to make a top. I've also been known to use the Pillsbury pie crusts -- they're actually pretty good and a great way to get your feet wet on making pies. I wouldn't recommend the store-brand crusts -- they just don't work as well.

Unfortunately, even though I'm always asked to bring fruit pies to whatever family gathering, I really don't care to eat them. I'm a cream pie fanatic myself.

I picked both equally. Such a tough question! I'll take either with some vanilla ice cream. I prefer if they are stuffed with apples, not those tiny pies that are all crust, and you have to search for an apple in the goo.

I finally made my first apple pie about two years ago. It was good, but I don't think the effort was worth it. I usually buy one of the local orchard pies that kids use as a school fundraiser.

I made delicious apple pie bars last year that were a bit easier than pie, and I think they were a bit better. The bottom was crust, and the topping was crumb. They were much easier to make and since I always take my baking attempts to work the next day, it was easier for people to grab a piece vs. a pie.

This time of year is apple season, which means there’s a lot of yummy apple treats available to eat :goodvibes Today we’re going to talk about pie - Dutch Apple Pie vs Apple Pie. What’s the difference? Below will tell you ⬇️

View attachment 895914

So which pie is the apple of your eye? Tell us today……

When you have apple pie, which do you prefer - Dutch Apple or regular Apple Pie?
Is there one you haven’t had?
Do you bake either of these pies?
(multiple choice)

For Me…….i like them both, but I prefer regular apple pie, mainly because I enjoy warming it up and putting a scoop of vanilla ice cream with it. I have never baked an apple pie and nobody in my family has ever made a homemade apple pie.
View attachment 895933
I'm not much of a pie eater because I think there's too much crust for my liking. But I do like Dutch apple pie because there is no top crust.

I prefer regular apple pie. The crust is the best part! Dutch apple is just... weird.

My mom is known for her apple pies (regular, not Dutch). Hers are amazing. I have her recipe, but mine never come out quite the same as hers. Still good though so, yes, I have made regular apple pie.

This time of year is apple season, which means there’s a lot of yummy apple treats available to eat :goodvibes Today we’re going to talk about pie - Dutch Apple Pie vs Apple Pie. What’s the difference? Below will tell you ⬇️

View attachment 895914

So which pie is the apple of your eye? Tell us today……

When you have apple pie, which do you prefer - Dutch Apple or regular Apple Pie?
Is there one you haven’t had?
Do you bake either of these pies?
(multiple choice)

For Me…….i like them both, but I prefer regular apple pie, mainly because I enjoy warming it up and putting a scoop of vanilla ice cream with it. I have never baked an apple pie and nobody in my family has ever made a homemade apple pie.
View attachment 895933
I'm curious @slo , will you be giving pie making a shot after this thread?

Dutch apple pie along with a pumpkin pie is a tradition on our Thanksgiving and Christmas table.
Dutch apple pie is all my wife makes when it comes to apple pies. I have no idea why, as she makes those for her and our daughter, and my son and I eat the pumpking, so I rarely get a piece of the Dutch Apple.

A regular apple pie, and I love to make them! I’ve made them with my children and grandchildren, and one son has mastered it!

I like both, but Dutch is the fastest for me. This is the time of year for canning apples and I always keep my pantry stocked with quarts of apples. It's so easy to open a quart of apples in simple syrup, pour in a pie dish (no crust) and top with a streusel topping. Serve it warm with some ice cream. :) I suppose it's technically a cobbler, but still.... :)

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest