• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s WEDNESDAY 8/23 poll - Your Mattress

Your Mattress - What do you sleep on?

• A regular every day mattress

Votes: 22 22.9%
  • Memory foam

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • Sleep Number

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Waterbed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pillow Top

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Gel

• Adjustable bed

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Innerspring

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Futon

• Other - please post your answer

Votes: 10 10.4%

• Total voters
We have a Westin Heavenly bed.

Tried a SleepNumber bed years ago, and it was returned. Just wasn’t for us. Beds are so subjective.

Same old Sealy Posturepdic for over 15 years, maybe close to 20. We probably will look for a new mattress in the coming year, no idea at all about the new options, memory foam, all of that.

I think ours is both an innerspring mattress and it has a pillow top (I picked pillow top in the poll.) I like it.

I have a gel, memory foam, pillow top, adjustable bed. Love it! Started with a memory foam adjustable and it didn't last ling. Kept the adjustable base but got a gel infused memory foam with pillow top mattress from Amazon and it's great.

Adjustable split king bed with Beauty Rest mattresses. The mattresses are so think, I need a step stool to get into bed. Buying an adjustable bed was best decision ever.

We have a hybrid type mattress with innersprings with high density foam and a bit of latex. I have a latex topper on my half, so my half of the bed is about 2" taller than my husband's. The mattress is called "Big Fig" and it's for heavier people. We're not in their recommended weights (both DH and I are over 200 but under 300, and it's intended for people 300-550). BUT, we still find it comfortable and it's the first mattress we've had that didn't start sagging either in the middle or on the edge. I find it uncomfortable without my topper since it's pretty firm, but DH could sleep on a board.

I dislike my mattress and hate the thought of getting a new one. I seem to be displeased with every one we have had and it's been several.
Adult DD/SIL has gone through so many mattresses of literally ALL kinds and can't seem to find one that is truly comfortable....and money for them is no object (we are a different story). No brand, no mattress of any kind or category seems really comfortable to them. (I agree)

And yet I love several of the DVC mattresses. I've taken numerous pictures of the tags and yet, as usual, the #'s do not match up to the ones available in my stores.

I've decided to buy a good topper for the first time to tide us over til DD/DSIL get a brand new one they just ordered that they 'think' will 'be the one'.

I'd rather have a root canal than shop for a mattress.

Regular mattress that is older than the hills, but I have a 3” topper from My Pillow and love it.

I believe it is a hybrid with memory foam and coil technology. I will never buy another mattress with memory foam, I am not a fan.
I think our bed is a hybrid also. I will never buy another memory form mattress. They seem to lose their firmness much too soon. And they weigh a ton.

Regular coil mattress with pillow top from Original Mattress Factory. We bought one that is pretty firm and has extra support around the edges. I like it. My husband rotates or flips it every few months.

I have a Casper memory foam from Costco and it's as hard as a freaking rock. I had to order a topper to be able to sleep on it, which increased my mattress cost.

I have a Casper memory foam from Costco and it's as hard as a freaking rock. I had to order a topper to be able to sleep on it, which increased my mattress cost.
I liked your funny (and true unfortunately) post, not that it's hard as a rock.
Casper is one of the ones my daughter & son in law despised and sent it back. They are big Costco shoppers and thought it would be winner. It was a loser.

Curious: as per my post, I definitely want a topper but no clue what I should spend on it. I've seen all prices but no one in my family has ever had so I totally don't have a clue if it needs to be a certain height and price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter