slo’s WEDNESDAY 1/17 poll - Cancelled Flight(s) ✈️

Cancelled Flight(s) - Have you had one and how did it affect you? (m.c.)

• Yes - I’ve had a cancelled flight

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • Yes - I’ve had more than one cancelled flight

Votes: 24 24.2%
  • No - I’ve never had a cancelled flight

Votes: 29 29.3%
  • None of the above - I don’t fly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My cancelled flight didn’t negatively affect me

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • My cancelled flight somewhat negatively affected me

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • My cancelled flight very negatively affected me - I still flew

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • My cancelled flight very negatively affected me - I drove where I needed to go

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
I had an early morning flight to WDW cancelled, but we were put right on another flight....it did affect us somewhat because there was a longish layover in some city I can't remember now and we'd had a direct flight lined up. What was normally a 2 1/2 flight took over six hours. Not a horror story, but it was inconvenient.

One trip our return flight from FL was cancelled, delayed, cancelled, delayed. I guess in the end it all worked out alright, but at the time I was NOT a happy camper about it. We were supposed to be home on a Saturday afternoon/evening... didn't get home til late Monday night.

I used to travel around the country quite a bit for work, and unfortunately, had to deal with canceled flights several times. Mostly winter weather-related issues in the northeast or midwest. Never slept all night in an airport, but have had to stay overnight in an airport hotel a couple of times waiting for another flight the next day. Once I got stranded with a colleague in Green Bay, WI when our connecting flight was cancelled (after delays for de-icing), and we ended up renting a car and driving about 3 hours in a snowstorm. Also on a vacation to WDW, our flight out of NYC was cancelled (airport shut down), and we couldn’t get another flight for 2 days. We considered canceling the whole trip, but decided to go and make the best of it.

Flying Portland ME to Orlando via Baltimore on Southwest. We were on the last flight out for the day, and the airport is a 2+ hour drive from home. We checked in for the flight (and checked our bags) and by the time we walked upstairs to go thru TSA they sent us back downstairs as our flight canceled. We'd left home around 3pm and it was around 6pm. They rebooked us on the 5:30am flight the next morning and said "see you then." Umm... no. It was another 2+ hour drive home that night, and then we'd need to leave the house by 1:30 or 2am to get back to the airport for the morning flight. SW got our bags for us, gave us a hotel voucher for the night (Embassy Suites!), paid for our airport parking that day, and gave us a bunch of rapid rewards points for the inconvenience. We are familiar with Portland, so I dropped DD at the hotel. She checked in and ordered the pizza while I went to the grocery store for wine and ice cream (Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey is always our first hotel night treat, eaten in bed). We tucked into our bed, pulled up a movie, and had a great evening. Sure, it meant we had to change our week's plans, but that's OK. It was still fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter