slo’s THURSDAY 9/28 poll - Kielbasa/Polish Sausage

Kielbasa/Polish Sausage - What’s your opinion of it and how often do you eat it? (m.c.)

• I love it ❤️

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • I like it 🙂👍🏻

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • It’s just ok 😐

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • It’s edible 😶

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I don’t like it 🙁👎🏻

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • I eat it multiple times a year

Votes: 37 33.6%
  • I eat it once in awhile - not that often

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • I eat it rarely

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • I never eat it

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
I like it, as in your first picture, Sandy. Maxwell Street Polish. Grilled, a little ketchup (it's not a hot dog) and grilled onions. I like it once in a while as an alternative to a Chicago dog. Marie is not a fan of them though.

Watch, I will probably have one now in the coming days, the power of suggestion. :scratchin

I love it, but the older I get, the less it likes me, so I only have it on rare occasions.

I went to a Polish Festival with my DB and DSIL a few weeks ago and I bought my DS a t-shirt that says, "It's not a party until the Kielbasa comes out". He is a kielbasa king at this point. He took the reign from me. Ooh, how I loved it with horseradish!

It's served on every holiday at my parents' house, as it was in my grandparents' homes.

I only eat "fresh" kielbasa from the butcher shop a block over from where I buy my handmade pierogies these days. When I was little I was a huge fan of the Hillshire Farm kielbasa my mom would serve with mac and cheese.

I’ve been tempted - but I’ve actually never tried kielbasa - I had a bratwurst once - not sure if they’re the same taste…

I love it. Just not the packaged branded type. Needs to come from a butcher. I love all types of sausage especially the German varieties. DW not a fan so I don’t have it as often as I would like.

Don't think I have ever eaten it, not a staple of Irish American diet maybe? Really have no desire to try it, we have brats a few times a year to honor DH's Wisconsin heritage, that's enough processed meat for me.

I love it and we have it often, in fact I just bought some the other day. My grandmother was 100% Polish and she went to the butcher every New Year for fresh kielbasa or if I was staying at her house overnight. I try and get fresh for the holidays when I can.

We have a small hole-in-the-wall type restaurant and deli owned by a Polish couple that has absolutely delicious kielbasa and pierogis - both prepared in their restaurant or provided uncooked to take home and prepare ourselves. It is so good.

And now I think I need to stop by and get some!

We have a small hole-in-the-wall type restaurant and deli owned by a Polish couple that has absolutely delicious kielbasa and pierogis - both prepared in their restaurant or provided uncooked to take home and prepare ourselves. It is so good.

And now I think I need to stop by and get some!
It’s good for what ails your soul :) miss the neighborhood places from my youth …

I grew up on kielbasa. Had it practically every week in some manner.

These days I’m not a very good (derogatory term for a person of Polish heritage.). Even though I buy pierogi and other authentic items at various Polish delis, I prefer my kielbasa the packaged kinds from supermarkets.

And I proudly embrace that derogatory term. I’m not offended nor do I consider it a slur.

We have it a few times a year. Most brands have close to 900 mg of sodium, so those of us with high blood pressure can't have it often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter