Single due to Disney.....

Good places to meet guys that still have a sense of imagination are, in my opinion, nerdy hobbies! Guys who play Magic the Gathering, watch anime, go to various nerdy conventions (anime, furry, horror, comic, etc) are usually into, or at least accepting of, girls who like Disney magic. :)

What about guys who play magic, watch Anime, nerdy all around, AND Loves Disney!

Honestly, disney seems to pull such strong emotion from people that I can totally understand it being a requirement in a relationship. It's like any other passion, if it's your thing you should find a guy who can support that and even if he doesn't like disney much, he would enjoy your enjoyment..

I just got to these boards but it looks like this forum is the perfect spot to find a guy who loves disney..

Goto to Disney with your kids, and enjoy the paraded and characters. Enjoy life. do the things you like to do. If Disney is what you like then go. Be happy!!

Long story short, i was seeing someone for about 5 months and I was going to take my annual wdw trip and thought it would be fun without my kids. I invited my bf. I paid for a week long trip, staying at poly club level, Coronado and akl. I didn't do anything he would consider childish like parades and character meals... Still the trip was the demise of our relationship and it was ruined for me almost completely. Now I'm single again.. Anyone know the best placd to find a guy who will just get the disney Magic??
Be patient. Find a friend first, and see how quickly he becomes your own Prince Charming. Do not expect others to treat you like a Princess when you cannot even see yourself in that role. Go about your life, learning what you love, and enjoying new things. Love will come when you least expect it.

:) It's like word vomit, Disney's values are about treating everyone with respect and kindness, and I hate to see that forgotten on a DISNEY forum.

I can certainly understand the concern, I have family members who have done similar things. I just think the approach could have been a bit kinder. The OP came here looking for some reassurance, and she got judged. None of us have any idea of the whole picture, so what's the point in being rude?
Who has the right to judge another? I was trying to find a place to agree. Don't judge someone on the board, until you have been in their shoes for a while. Be nice, it doesn't take much effort.

Who has the right to judge another? I was trying to find a place to agree. Don't judge someone on the board, until you have been in their shoes for a while. Be nice, it doesn't take much effort.

I am not saying that OP is like this, but the post did bring up a lot of pain for me, having had a mom who spent time and energy and money chasing men who smoked pot and didn't care about kids. She would take men on vacation and have physical relations with them. And it wouldn't be a problem if the men she chose were dad material, but that was never her first priority. Perhaps I don't have the right to judge OP, as I don't know her situation, but I have to be careful about not endorsing what my brothers and I went through.

I am not saying that OP is like this, but the post did bring up a lot of pain for me, having had a mom who spent time and energy and money chasing men who smoked pot and didn't care about kids. She would take men on vacation and have physical relations with them. And it wouldn't be a problem if the men she chose were dad material, but that was never her first priority. Perhaps I don't have the right to judge OP, as I don't know her situation, but I have to be careful about not endorsing what my brothers and I went through.
I am truly sorry for your sorrow, and I fully understand how and why you would feel the way you do. I was not judging you with my post, either. I just come to the DisBoards for entertainment and fun. I do not want to see ******* on the DisBoard.

Long story short, i was seeing someone for about 5 months and I was going to take my annual wdw trip and thought it would be fun without my kids. I invited my bf. I paid for a week long trip, staying at poly club level, Coronado and akl. I didn't do anything he would consider childish like parades and character meals... Still the trip was the demise of our relationship and it was ruined for me almost completely. Now I'm single again.. Anyone know the best placd to find a guy who will just get the disney Magic??

I'd volunteer, but I'm already married! Hang in there, some guys DO get and LOVE the Magic!

I'm sorry if this offends you and normally I wouldn't even respond but I too have been in school and working full time -granted I do have a wonderful DH but neither of us would consider ourselves "entitled" to a WDW vacation without our children. Now a weekend getaway - maybe but never to WDW. Now our children are grown two with children of their own. DH and I do take trips to WDW without our adult children - twice. But I also take trips to WDW without DH with my adult daughters-because he didn't want to go. Again, I don't mean to offend you and I probably should not have even posted a response. But when you are raising your children I don't think entitled is supposed to be in your vocabulary. Best wishes to you.

The best disney trips can sometimes be the ones without kids. I don't have kids, but I just assume most things are better without them :D
But I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a trip to Disney WITHOUT kids. She can go back another time with kids as well.

Some of these responses are the woorst and holier-than-thou.

Anyways, be that as it may, sucks about the guy though.

This post makes me laugh because it put me in a time machine and sent me back to my own past. I was dating a guy for about three weeks (we'd known each other a couple years though) before we joined my entire family at WDW for Christmas. Long story short, nightmare! He did not enjoy any of it. The crowds, the lines, the rain. Every single day was a nightmare. By the end of the trip, I was convinced he didn't even enjoy me anymore either, lol! Eleven years later, we're still together. He hasn't been back to WDW since and refuses to even consider it. He's now the disignated family pet-sitter and happy about it.

Point is, Dinsey can only have an affect on your time at Disney. When you leave, if things are still in the toilet then they were probably floating in there before you got there to begin with. So he just wasn't the guy for you, for a lot of obvious reasons it seems. Would it be great to have a boyfriend who loves Disney as much as you do? Of course. Is it necessary in order to have a successful relationship? No. For me, having someone to talk to about my trip when I get home, someone who lets ramble excitedly and explain every nuance of everything, someone who looks at and laughs at my pictures with me, is even better.

There are plenty of men who have the same problem the other way around!

I think if you are over-the-top obsessed with anything in life, Disney or otherwise, it is unlikely that you will find someone who loves it quite as much as you do.

Most good relationships depend on compromise from both parties to stay alive. I think this is the key thing. If both people are able to understand what is important to the other, the relationship will work, regardless of what is important to each individual.

I would focus on finding someone with a good ability to be tolerant and willingness to compromise within the relationship, as opposed to someone who loves Disney. Even if someone loves Disney, the relationship is unlikely to work out if you can't compromise for each other. Where as someone who is not a Disney fanatic, who does have the right outlook towards the relationship will no doubt be more prepared to meet you in the middle because they wanted the relationship to work.

Putting it simply: find someone who loves YOU, not DISNEY.

Today is the one week mark of my girlfriend of 5 years telling me we were through. Looking back on it, we really never had much in common and my neurotic Disney obsession can be too much for anyone. My family has had the DVC since 1986. They go down every year. I visit just about every two. We are currently planning our family trip my parents, siblings, spouses, and children for October. So its pretty deeply ingrained in me. My girlfriend was getting irritated about it everytime it came up because the breakup had been on her mind for some time apparently. The one big thing she told me when she broke the news was to be true to myself next time and find someone with the same passion that I have for Disney and everything else that I love. There is someone out there. I just have to find her. Being in Massachusetts vs closer to the mouse it may be more of a challenge but she's out there some where. This is the second time this has happened to me responsible in some part to Disney. I won't settle again for anything less. No Disney, No Deal.

Last edited:
Perhaps the mouse has a master plan: keep us all single... so we all book a hotel room each... ...can't make free dining offers worth our while... Fill in all available seats on attractions.

Us singles are no doubt ideal perfect customers!

I know the feeling, expect on the other end. I'm a guy who can't find a girl who's either been to Disney and loves it, or is eager to go :(...Hang in there, you aren't alone! ;)

Wait until you get my age. I have finally taken to mentioning my enjoyment of WDW when I first start talking in the more personal information sense. I'm at an age where having someone to travel to the parks with is far more important then all the "other" stuff that comes with relationships.

Anyway, I have found that even when discussing this with women my own age within seconds their eyes glaze over and that is usually the end of the relationship. They will say that they like WDW or they haven't been to WDW, but, there isn't an inflection in any voice that says... I'd love to go someday.

So you get a half hearted response or a glazed eye look or a look like you must have just escaped from a padded room and certainly a person of my advanced years wouldn't be into such childish things. Arrested Development, I believe it is called. Oh, well... their loss! I do not ever withhold that information though... it's just too important to me at this point in my life.

I'm taking a month long trip to Europe in the fall. For that I would have them lining up at the door, but, if you can't enjoy my favorite thing well, keep looking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter