Silver Shuttle alternative

goofiiee

Earning My Ears
It seems that they cannot be contacted. Their site is unavailable. (alternate email available?)
Could someone please suggest another mini van company for around the same cost of eur 40 or 50 to take a family of 4 to DLP from CDG?
We are arriving at 19:15, on a Friday evening, and the next and only direct VEA shuttle to the explorers hotel is at 8pm. I'm afraid that's cutting it too close. After this one, a few shuttles follow every hour, but not directly to the hotel, just to Park.
We don't really want to bother with the trains/metro etc, w/ luggage and 2 kids, if we can avoid it.

Any suggestions for other companies would be appreciated! :earboy2:

Unfortunately there don't seem to be any other services offering the low prices that Silver Shuttle did. The other services are quite a bit more. I can recommend Euro-City Shuttle:
http://www.hotelinnparis.com/english/private.asp
They are an excellent service...
Their price for four people to Disney area hotels is 115 Euros, however. :earboy2:
I have to wonder if Silver Shuttle didn't go out of business - the way they disappeared that way - and their prices were much lower than the other companies which was curious. Guess we'll never know... :confused3

Thanks for that link Jody - I was going to ask you about them, so this is great.

And welcome to the DIS goofiiee!! :wave2:

Nothing to add to that I'm afraid but I wanted to say welcome to the Dis Goofiiee !

Is your DLP trip soon?

Welcome goofiiee

As our hotel choices are Holiday Inn or My Travel Explorer I am now looking at car hire with 3 child seats :crowded:
As we have driven our own car in France on numerous times I'm up for this.
DP does not relish the thought of navigation in and out of CDG though :confused3

We arrive at terminal 1 and wonder what car-hire firms operate from there ?

Reid

:wave2: Everyone, thank you for a warm welcome!

and to Jodym, esp, thanks for the info.

Have done a bit of searching and have located a company called grey shuttle, with a quote for this route: eur77. I guess that's ok., best one so far and same as taxi from what I've read.

(It is def. strange how SS went out of business, certainly not from a lack of demand for their services...)

We are going to DLP end April for 1 week, with DH, DS 7 and DD 5. This is a long-awaited trip and we cannot wait. :banana:

Have been to DLP once b.k. (before kids!) in 1997, Disney Anaheim in 1996, and WDW in a.l. (another lifetime!) in 1985, still in my teens!

After quite a bit of thought have probably decided to stay at the Explorers, mainly for the child-friendly facilities, seperate cabin room for privacy and (marginally so) bit more reasonable cost. My personal first choice would have been Movenpick or HInn for the atmosphere and service read about, but maybe next time. (The offers from Disney direct were not reasonable at all)

We will be getting the dream passports because we want to definitely be in the park on May 5, public holiday in France, as it is my DD's 5th! (Read about a member's perils with the passports, so I will be like a hawk at the ticket counter, making sure they don't mess up!) pirate:

Also planning on booking some kind of birthday celebration for both kids as DS's is also later on in May.

Please, I am open to any suggestions/tips/advice anyone would like to offer, since it has been a while for us and this is the first time with the kids, and am sure it will stay in their memories of childhood forever!

Thanks again! and glad to be here :earboy2:

Cyrano said:
Welcome goofiiee

DP does not relish the thought of navigation in and out of CDG though :confused3

We arrive at terminal 1 and wonder what car-hire firms operate from there ?

Reid

Hi Reid,

there should be all car-hire firms operate at Terminal 1. And to drive in and out CDG is not that difficult as it seems to be :banana: The signs are very clear and its easy to find the way :banana: you only have to have a look for "Marne-la-Vallee" or A104!

Greets Renate :wizard:

Hi Goofiiee, welcome:wave2:

Not long until your trip now, you must be getting very excited.:wizard: I would be very interested to hear about it when you return as we have booked to stay at the Explorers in August and again for Christmas and I would like your feedback, good and bad!.

Hi Ware Bears,
will be sure to send feedback upon my return.
Lucky you, going twice in one year! Have a good time,

Goofiiee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter