Shula's Steak House - STAY AWAY

We ate there in Sept and also found that the lighting was to low. I know I am getting older put I could not read the menu. The idea of a football seems good - but it does not work. I football for a table - bad idea.

The waitress was in a rush, we weren't. In a space of 5 minutes she asked three times of were we ready to order. She showed use the cuts of meat but did it so fast we could not understand what she was saying or showing.

The meat was good but no better than Le Cellier in Canada.

Will not be going back.

The menu is on a football? how totally tacky is that?

I guess it's better than a jock strap, but still :sad2:

Our last trip, the host was showing us to our table, and dropped the football on the floor as we walked.
I immediately exclaimed, but in a normal voice, "Fumble".
Nobody got it.
The host didn't seem too amused either.

If you are going to present the menu on a football, you need to be ready to roll with the punches.....

Cass said:
The menu is on a football? how totally tacky is that?

I guess it's better than a jock strap, but still :sad2:

:rotfl2:

Better, but not much.

We had completely the opposite experience on Valentine's Day. While the football was on the table we received menus as well and then our waiter brought over the meat cart (I was a bit freaked by a moving lobster, but otherwise okay). He politely answered all our questions and suggested we share the sides, however my husband is a big potato eater and ate all his plus part of mine so I was glad we got two. He did let us know that if we wanted the dessert with the molten chocolate center we'd need to order that ahead of time since it takes significant time to prepare. While the lighting was dim, it was certainly fine and set a great mood for the evening. The food was excellent. I would definitely go back but if I had your server I doubt I would. I truly believe that the server can make or break the meal and ours definitely made our evening special.

MHopkins2 said:
Personally, I prefer servers that skip the "typical WDW server spiel." Rude is never acceptable, but chattiness in a server isn't my thing. I don't penalize for it or anything like that, but I prefer "correct" service.
I can't stand the "typical WDW server spiel" either. When I go to a restaurant,I'm not there to become the server's new best friend. Say hello,take my order,bring my food. If I need anything,I'll let them know.Bye!If the server annoys me by hanging around too much,it won't increase the tip.In fact,just the opposite may happen. If I want the their company,I'll ask them to dinner.

disneydancer1969 said:
where is shula's steak house?

In the Dolphin Hotel.

We ate here a couple of year's ago, and I guess we were very careful because we had heard how expensive it was--we didn't order any extras, and our bill was acutally less than most of our meals in the parks. I thought the protion sizes were ridiculous. DH liked it, but is in no hurry to return.

Robert P said:
Our last trip, the host was showing us to our table, and dropped the football on the floor as we walked.
I immediately exclaimed, but in a normal voice, "Fumble".
Nobody got it.
The host didn't seem too amused either.

If you are going to present the menu on a football, you need to be ready to roll with the punches.....

My DH would have done the exact same thing!!! :rotfl2:

minijeanie said:
seems like CARLOS was the big problem. sorry you had to spend so much money for a not so perfect evening.

Also, I have so wanted to dine at Peter Lugas??
so the staff there is kinda snobby as well?

Brooklyn has so many great restaurants...

where do you suggest I dine?

live in NJ...may have to be in brooklyn for business in the future
where do you suggest?

Ate at the Shula's in Elizabeth, NJ and Pete Lugas and would have to say I would take Pete's any day of the week. Since Shula's was in the hotel I was staying at in NJ (Wyndym), and had no choice but to eat here several times (traveling solo on business), I can say I think it is a horrible "chain" restaurant. I have never had the desire to try it at WDW because of my experience with them in NJ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter